No announcement yet.

Procedural Nature Pack - Vol.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got another question regarding the river: Sometimes it doesnt render in front of another material but only in certain camera angles. (see screenshot below)Click image for larger version

Name:	river.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	1086746
    Last edited by IceDealer; 08-31-2015, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IceDealer View Post
      Hey Jacob!

Thanks for the In-Depth explanation on how to fix it! Yesterday I tried a different tesselated material and it's indeed the same issue there. Though in 4.7 there's no problem it seems.
      I also fixed the issue yesterday by setting the "Max Displacement" in the "master_terrain_blend" material to about "80". The holes were gone. Don't know if it affects performance much though or if it's a good alternative to turning off "Adaptive Tesselation" ?

Also managed to make the foam on the shoreline work! Thanks a bunch!

Great pack you have here, probably one of the best on the marketplace right now!

And definitely the best river-tool (which was needed baaaadly) until now !!!
      Glad to hear you got it working and thanks for the compliments that's awesome! Thank you

As for your river issue, I believe it is related to sort priority issues with the river and the water you have below it both being translucent materials. Here is some documentation on it.
      https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...cysortpriority

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
      Thanks, disabled now whole static lighting feature in my project and the glowing issue also ended.
      Awesome news
      Gumroad.com - Textures for Sale!
      Portfolio - Jacob Norris
      Facebook Page - PurePolygons
      Unreal 4 - Marketplace Packs for sale!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob-3D View Post
        Hey can you try cleaning up the Redirectors in the Procedural Nature Pack folder and see if that fixes the issue? Here is a picture of what I mean.
        - Right click on the main folder "Procedural Nature Pack" and select "Fix Up Redirectors In Folder"
        - Then it should take a moment and ask if you want to Delete a few things and go ahead and click "Delete" at the bottom. Then try cooking again and see if that fixes it? Thanks!
        Hi Jacob,

tried it, it deleted some redirects but without luck. I also tried to cook the project on the new (fresh installed) 4.9 Engine - The same problem.

Just to confirm my workflow:
        - Starting the Editor
        - Creating a new blank project without starter content
        - Adding your pack via the EPIC-Launcher-Library ("Add to Project") to the project
        - Packaging for Windows 64 (32bit is the same result)

Cheers,
        vni
        Last edited by vni; 09-01-2015, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vni View Post
          Hi Jacob,

tried it, it deleted some redirects but without luck. I also tried to cook the project on the new (fresh installed) 4.9 Engine - The same problem.

Just to confirm my workflow:
          - Starting the Editor
          - Creating a new blank project without starter content
          - Adding your pack via the EPIC-Launcher-Library ("Add to Project") to the project
          - Packaging for Windows 64 (32bit is the same result)

Cheers,
          vni
          Hi vni,

I believe I have solved the cooking issue
          I have attached some images with steps on the simple 3 step process to fix the problem. There were a couple of files I seemed to have left in the Package while I was testing on a new spline tool I am making. Please let me know if this works, but I tested it and it should do the trick for you! Thanks for waiting and thanks for supporting the pack again.
          Take care

Click image for larger version

Name:	cook_fix01.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1086851

Name:	cook_fix02.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1086852

Name:	cook_fix03.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1086853

I will be submitting this update to the pack shortly to EPIC. So it will be fixed for all!
          Portfolio - Jacob Norris

Comment

Hey guys, got another update coming your way! Here are the release notes and it should be updated before the end of the week So stay tuned!

1. Fixed issue where the user would have trouble cooking the pack when ready (Removed problem blueprints and Data Array's)
            2. Water- Fog Plane issue in distance (This is caused when the user has both Exponential Fog and Atmospheric Fog in their level. In order to fix the problem seen with the translucent material, the user has to disable either 1 of the two fog options so that there is only 1 fog being used)

Name:	fix_water_fog.jpg
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1086856
            3. Water- Add spline point numbers floating above each spline point to help with scaling the river (See Picture Below)
            4. Fix Wobbling Terrain Tessellation (Created new heightmaps with less variation for the grass to reduce wobbling. Left old heightmap textures in the files incase you preferred them more. The old files are titled with a -1 at the end of their name)
            5. Look into some foliage turning black and why (This is caused from the skylight. The fix is to simply change it's type from Static to Moveable)

Name:	black_foliage_fix.jpg
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1086857
            6. Added a new tree branch spline that does not have the auto scaling feature. As the original would auto scale the branches to get smaller and smaller towards the end of the branch. Now you can select the standard branch spline or use the branch spline with "no_auto_scale"

Enjoy!!!

Name:	PurePolygons_screenshot_7.jpg
Size:	748.2 KB
ID:	1086855
            Last edited by Jacob-3D; 09-02-2015, 02:57 PM.
            Portfolio - Jacob Norris

Comment

Hi vni,

I believe I have solved the cooking issue
              I have attached some images with steps on the simple 3 step process to fix the problem. There were a couple of files I seemed to have left in the Package while I was testing on a new spline tool I am making. Please let me know if this works, but I tested it and it should do the trick for you! Thanks for waiting and thanks for supporting the pack again.
              Take care

Code:
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:083][  0]LogInit:Display: LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_tree_root_spline.master_tree_root_spline_C:UserConstructionScript.CallFunc_Array_Get_Item'. Unknown structure.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:085][  0]LogInit:Display: LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_tree_root_spline.master_tree_root_spline_C:UserConstructionScript.CallFunc_Array_Get_Item2'. Unknown structure.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:086][  0]LogInit:Display: LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_tree_root_spline.master_tree_root_spline_C:UserConstructionScript.Temp_struct_Variable2'. Unknown structure.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:087][  0]LogInit:Display: LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_tree_root_spline.master_tree_root_spline_C:Tree_Twist_Per_Spline_Point.Tree_Twist_Per_Spline_Point'. Unknown structure.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:089][  0]LogInit:Display: LogTextLocalizationManager:Warning: Loaded localization resources contain conflicting entries for (Namespace:ContentBrowser, Key:ImportAssetToolTip):
              Localization Resource: (D:/UnrealEngine/Epic Games/4.8/Engine/Content/Localization/Editor/en/Editor.locres) Source String Hash: (-630476809) Localized String: (Import to {0}...)
              Localization Resource: (D:/UnrealEngine/Epic Games/4.8/Engine/Content/Localization/Editor/en/Editor.locres) Source String Hash: (1271782899) Localized String: (Imports an asset from file to this folder.)
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:090][  0]LogInit:Display: LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file '/Game/Architecture/SM_Floor_400x400'
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:091][  0]LogInit:Display: LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to load '/Game/Architecture/SM_Floor_400x400': Can't find file '/Game/Architecture/SM_Floor_400x400'
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:091][  0]LogInit:Display: LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Object /Game/Architecture/SM_Floor_400x400.SM_Floor_400x400'
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:092][  0]LogInit:Display: LogLinker:Warning: FloatProperty_449 has an inappropriate outermost, it was probably saved with a deprecated outer (file: ../../../../../../Eigene Dateien/Documents/Unreal Projects/Test/Content/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_tree_root_spline.uasset)
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:092][  0]LogInit:Display: CookResults:Warning: Warning Unable to generate long package name for FloatProperty_449. Path should start with a '/'
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:093][  0]LogInit:Display: LogCook:Warning: Unable to generate long package name for FloatProperty_449. Path should start with a '/'
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:094][  0]LogInit:Display: LogScript:Warning: Accessed None 'BranchMesh1'
              	master_vine_spline_C /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3
              	Function /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_vine_spline.master_vine_spline_C:UserConstructionScript:0F7A
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:095][  0]LogInit:Display: LogScript:Warning: Accessed None 'BranchMesh2'
              	master_vine_spline_C /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3
              	Function /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_vine_spline.master_vine_spline_C:UserConstructionScript:0FB2
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:096][  0]LogInit:Display: LogScript:Warning: Accessed None 'BranchMesh3'
              	Function /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_vine_spline.master_vine_spline_C:UserConstructionScript:0FEA
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:097][  0]LogInit:Display: LogScript:Warning: Accessed None 'BranchMesh4'
              	Function /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_vine_spline.master_vine_spline_C:UserConstructionScript:1022
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:098][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.Static Mesh Component_10: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:099][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_0: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:100][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_17557: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:101][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_11: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:102][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_1: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:103][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_2: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:104][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_12: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:105][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_3: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:105][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_4: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:107][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_5: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:108][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_6: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:108][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_7: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:109][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_8: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:110][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_9: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:111][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_10: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:112][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_13: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:112][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_14: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:113][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_15: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:114][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_16: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:115][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_17: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:117][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_3.StaticMeshComponent_18: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:118][  0]LogInit:Display: LogScript:Warning: Accessed None 'BranchMesh1'
              	master_vine_spline_C /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4
              	Function /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_vine_spline.master_vine_spline_C:UserConstructionScript:0F7A
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:119][  0]LogInit:Display: LogScript:Warning: Accessed None 'BranchMesh2'
              	master_vine_spline_C /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4
              	Function /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_vine_spline.master_vine_spline_C:UserConstructionScript:0FB2
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:121][  0]LogInit:Display: LogScript:Warning: Accessed None 'BranchMesh3'
              	Function /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_vine_spline.master_vine_spline_C:UserConstructionScript:0FEA
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:122][  0]LogInit:Display: LogScript:Warning: Accessed None 'BranchMesh4'
              	Function /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Spline_BluePrints/master_vine_spline.master_vine_spline_C:UserConstructionScript:1022
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:123][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_11: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:123][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_12: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:124][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_19: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:125][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.Static Mesh Component_10: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:126][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_20: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:127][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_21: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:128][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_17557: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:128][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_22: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:129][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_23: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:130][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_24: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:131][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_25: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:132][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_26: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:133][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_27: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:133][  0]LogInit:Display: LogPrimitiveComponent:Warning: CreateDynamicMaterialInstance on /Game/ProceduralNaturePack/Assets_Overview.Assets_Overview:PersistentLevel.master_vine_spline_C_4.StaticMeshComponent_28: Material index 1 is invalid.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:134][  0]LogInit:Display: NOTE: Only first 50 warnings displayed.
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:134][  0]LogInit:Display: 
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:134][  0]LogInit:Display: Failure - 4 error(s), 1496 warning(s)
              [2015.09.02-08.24.20:135][  0]LogInit:Display:
              Hey Jacob,

seems like Jesse screwed it up (Nevermind ^^)

The errors still occur. But no matter, I will wait for the update and report back.

Many thanks for your effort!

Comment

Originally posted by vni

Hey Jacob,

seems like Jesse screwed it up (Nevermind ^^)

The errors still occur. But no matter, I will wait for the update and report back.

Many thanks for your effort!
                Hahaha dang. There is one other thing i did. Could you check in your project folder, then under, CONFIG and open the default engine.ini. Make sure there isn't anything about derived data cache at the bottom? If there is delete the whole section. It may look something like this. And slipped in in other test i was doing. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...che/index.html
                Portfolio - Jacob Norris

Comment

Hahaha dang. There is one other thing i did. Could you check in your project folder, then under, CONFIG and open the default engine.ini. Make sure there isn't anything about derived data cache at the bottom? If there is delete the whole section. It may look something like this. And slipped in in other test i was doing. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...che/index.html
                  Hmm nothing about DDC in there, take a look:

Code:
                  [/Script/Engine.Engine]
                  +ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="TP_FirstPersonBP",NewGameName="/Script/TheLifeOfCain")
                  +ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="/Script/TP_FirstPersonBP",NewGameName="/Script/TheLifeOfCain")

[/Script/Engine.UserInterfaceSettings]
                  RenderFocusRule=NavigationOnly
                  DefaultCursor=None
                  TextEditBeamCursor=None
                  CrosshairsCursor=None
                  GrabHandCursor=None
                  GrabHandClosedCursor=None
                  SlashedCircleCursor=None
                  ApplicationScale=1.000000
                  UIScaleRule=ShortestSide
                  CustomScalingRuleClass=None
                  UIScaleCurve=(EditorCurveData=(Keys=((Time=480.000000,Value=0.444000),(Time=720.000000,Value=0.666000),(Time=1080.000000,Value=1.000000),(Time=8640.000000,Value=8.000000))),ExternalCurve=None)

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
                  r.MobileHDR=True
                  r.AllowOcclusionQueries=True
                  r.MinScreenRadiusForLights=0.030000
                  r.MinScreenRadiusForDepthPrepass=0.030000
                  r.PrecomputedVisibilityWarning=False
                  r.TextureStreaming=True
                  Compat.UseDXT5NormalMaps=False
                  r.AllowStaticLighting=True
                  r.NormalMapsForStaticLighting=False
                  r.GenerateMeshDistanceFields=False
                  r.GenerateLandscapeGIData=True
                  r.Shadow.DistanceFieldPenumbraSize=0.050000
                  r.TessellationAdaptivePixelsPerTriangle=48.000000
                  r.SeparateTranslucency=True
                  r.TranslucentSortPolicy=0
                  TranslucentSortAxis=(X=0.000000,Y=-1.000000,Z=0.000000)
                  r.CustomDepth=1
                  r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=True
                  r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=True
                  r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=True
                  r.DefaultFeature.AutoExposure=True
                  r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=True
                  r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=True
                  r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2
                  r.EarlyZPass=3
                  r.EarlyZPassMovable=False
                  r.DBuffer=False
                  r.ClearSceneMethod=1
                  r.BasePassOutputsVelocity=False
                  r.WireframeCullThreshold=5.000000
                  UIScaleRule=ShortestSide
                  UIScaleCurve=(EditorCurveData=(Keys=),ExternalCurve=None)

[/Script/HardwareTargeting.HardwareTargetingSettings]
                  TargetedHardwareClass=Desktop
                  AppliedTargetedHardwareClass=Desktop
                  DefaultGraphicsPerformance=Maximum
                  AppliedDefaultGraphicsPerformance=Maximum

[/Script/EngineSettings.GameMapsSettings]
                  EditorStartupMap=/Game/FirstPersonBP/Maps/SpawnMap
                  LocalMapOptions=
                  TransitionMap=
                  bUseSplitscreen=True
                  TwoPlayerSplitscreenLayout=Horizontal
                  ThreePlayerSplitscreenLayout=FavorTop
                  GameInstanceClass=/Script/Engine.GameInstance
                  GameDefaultMap=/Game/FirstPersonBP/Maps/SpawnMap
                  ServerDefaultMap=/Engine/Maps/Entry
                  GlobalDefaultGameMode=/Game/FirstPersonBP/Blueprints/FirstPersonGameMode.FirstPersonGameMode_C
                  GlobalDefaultServerGameMode=None

Comment

Hmm nothing about DDC in there, take a look:
                    Hmm Yeah that all appears correct. I received an email back from another person experiencing the cooking problem and here is how he said he got it working in addition to my 3 steps. So DON'T actually delete something, he is simply saying he click delete on the file in order to get the pack to recognize that some files have been updated. Basically the main point here is that the vine spline and the tree root spline need to be recompiled and saved and everything rebuilt after you delete the things that I mention in the pictures. So here is how he got it to do that.

"Hold the phone I just figured out the trick. What I need to do to get it working in addition to your 3 steps is, open your demo scene, attempt to force delete the tree-twist-data, at which point it comes up with an error window saying its in use or something- say ok. I then open my scene, which then unreal asks to save 2 files (sorry I didn't write down what they were) say ok. Now when I package my scene it works!

Thanks for the fix! If anyone else is having issues tell them to try what I just did to get it working."

Hope that helps
                    Portfolio - Jacob Norris

Comment

Hmm Yeah that all appears correct. I received an email back from another person experiencing the cooking problem and here is how he said he got it working in addition to my 3 steps. So DON'T actually delete something, he is simply saying he click delete on the file in order to get the pack to recognize that some files have been updated. Basically the main point here is that the vine spline and the tree root spline need to be recompiled and saved and everything rebuilt after you delete the things that I mention in the pictures. So here is how he got it to do that.

"Hold the phone I just figured out the trick. What I need to do to get it working in addition to your 3 steps is, open your demo scene, attempt to force delete the tree-twist-data, at which point it comes up with an error window saying its in use or something- say ok. I then open my scene, which then unreal asks to save 2 files (sorry I didn't write down what they were) say ok. Now when I package my scene it works!

Thanks for the fix! If anyone else is having issues tell them to try what I just did to get it working."

Hope that helps
                      Yehaww - that does the trick. Here's the video (sorry I am not a native english speaker)

-> Link to Video - for fullscreen bla bla.

I mistakenly used 4.9 for the video, but it works.

Thanks for your support. All I have to do now, is to get my Laptop out of the AlbuquerquePD evidence room.

Take care.
                      Last edited by vni; 09-03-2015, 05:09 AM.

Comment

*begins to wonder why the Laptop is IN the AlburquerquePD evidence room*

Comment

Yehaww - that does the trick. Here's the video (sorry I am not a native english speaker)

-> Link to Video - for fullscreen bla bla.

I mistakenly used 4.9 for the video, but it works.

Thanks for your support. All I have to do now, is to get my Laptop out of the AlbuquerquePD evidence room.

Take care.
                          Awesome!! Glad it worked
                          My files have just been accepted for the pack update and so the new update should be on the marketplace in the next couple of days. In the meantime thanks for the video

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
                          *begins to wonder why the Laptop is IN the AlburquerquePD evidence room*
                          Hahaha I think he is relating to some Breaking Bad jokes we were making earlier lol
                          Portfolio - Jacob Norris

Comment

Hi there, continuing on from my comments on your marketplace page...
                            Firstly, I'll take this opportunity to say that you have some great tools in this package, thank you for your dedication to it and your customers.

I have tried a few things out concerning the low FPS and I found that the terrain material needs to have a distance fade to work on a large landscape. I am currently trying to add this to your material but I am still learning UE4 and also learning that everybody does things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogsterfloggy View Post
                              Hi there, continuing on from my comments on your marketplace page...
                              Firstly, I'll take this opportunity to say that you have some great tools in this package, thank you for your dedication to it and your customers.

I have tried a few things out concerning the low FPS and I found that the terrain material needs to have a distance fade to work on a large landscape. I am currently trying to add this to your material but I am still learning UE4 and also learning that everybody does things differently.
                              Hi Drogsterfloggy,
                              Thanks so much! I definitely do my best to respond to everyone and help out in a timely manner.

As for the low FPS, yes the terrain tessellation is an option. I actually used to have a distance fade applied to the terrain, but it was causing holes in the terrain and I ultimately decided it was best to remove it. There is still distance fade in the material instance, but it is now called "Tessellation Density" and specifies how dense you want the terrain tessellation to be. I would suggest adjusting this to see how it helps your frame rate. Some other options are to use the "Merge Actors Tool" adjusting the lighting to be static, turning off shadows or reducing quality, turn off or lowering tessellation on the tree assets, as well as reducing the number of spline points per tree. Every spline point on the tree adds another draw call, so the GPU has to run another pass on it while rendering it which takes only 0.001ms or less, but when this happens over and over it can start to add up. Also reducing the number of branches on trees can help as well. I hope that helps!
                              Portfolio - Jacob Norris

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

How do I export the tree spline meshes so I can use them in a 3D editor? I can't find a way, apart from using Editor Export option which only seems to export the base mesh.
                                I want to try and add vertex shading to the trees once exported so I can try another wind method. I have found a plugin for 3DS Max called Pivot Painter, I used it briefly about a year ago with some success.

Also, is it possible to export the river spline to a mesh once my river is finished?

Thanks, Dan.
                                Last edited by DaddyWio; 09-08-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X