No announcement yet.

Classic FPS movement pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've released an open source C++ movement system here: https://www.projectborealis.com/blog...urce-movement/

Perhaps it will help you work around the limitations of doing it only in Blueprint, and you can add onto it with some of the other extra interesting features.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheesh View Post
      Hey all, it's been a while since I've been active in the UE4 forum but I continue to get a lot of folks downloading the movement pack and still sustain support over the years...so thank you, it's cool to see more and more gamers who appreciate the joy of good movement in games!

That said it's been a while since I've been inspired to add more movement elements to the pack, as back in the day surfing ran into some brick walls for implementing 100% in blueprint.

As I play different games I sometimes come across interesting movement elements- which brings me to my question: Would there be any interest in adding crouch sliding as part of the pack, as seen most recently in apex legends?
      How can I integrate it to the GS? I wrote to you 2 years ago and you don't need support because you lie to the people you should do a video tutorial explain how to integrate it to those who bought you the movement package.

Comment

q3 movement has some fundamental differences vs classic quake/goldsrc/source physics. (much less air control, different strafe jump behavior) You would need a very good understanding of the movement source code governing q3 if you were going to use this pack as a starting point to replicate it in blueprint.

Out of the box you're not going to get q3 movement, but a number of folks have used this as a starting point to approach that. I've helped a few of those folks with general questions about how things fit together but I don't know offhand what settings they arrived at or what modifications they have made.
        Anyone played around enough with this to have a good set of defaults to use to get Quake Live style movement?

Originally posted by joebajoe View Post
        My current conclusion is that it's not possible to achieve vq3 movement with this
        joebajoe have you managed to find a solution to this?

: Would there be any interest in adding crouch sliding as part of the pack, as seen most recently in apex legends?
        Yes would be interested.

While you're at it, why not wall running too

Last edited by richardboegli; 09-02-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X