Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Zenity View Post
    What about networking? My guess is it's not supported, since you don't mention it and from my experience implementing "classic movement" in C++, I can't really see how you could integrate this properly with movement prediction, without recreating the entire movement networking code in Blueprints (which would be a gargantuan task to say the least).

I think this is important to be aware of though, since most games interested in this form of movement are probably multiplayer twitch shooters, where state of the art movement replication is extremely important.
    I'm definitely interested in this, but I'd also like to know what the answer is on networking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If I restart project Stray I will consider making this a core component.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When gonna go out?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really hope this gets greenlit. It would save me some (a lot of) time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What about networking? My guess is it's not supported, since you don't mention it and from my experience implementing "classic movement" in C++, I can't really see how you could integrate this properly with movement prediction, without recreating the entire movement networking code in Blueprints (which would be a gargantuan task to say the least).

I think this is important to be aware of though, since most games interested in this form of movement are probably multiplayer twitch shooters, where state of the art movement replication is extremely important.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    very nice reminds me of cs 1.6 bunny hop

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd also buy it. This submission needs reconsidering. For people who aren't sure of the importance or relevance; you will not make a serious first person game without at least considering the implications of these movement techniques. It might not be hugely important for proof of concept games that can rely on the basic default movement, but any type of competitive FPS or movement based game (any parkour style games, any FPS with jumping or midair movement, precision based ground movement etc.) really needs it.

The default mode of movement and air control is just one method / implementation and it isn't as good as this type. If this was made the default (with this type of ground strafing and air control) all games developed in the engine would be improved. I haven't used this particular implementation but from the videos and description it seems like it addresses the problem. The UE4 games I've tested that use the default movement feel very sluggish, and I'd imagine anyone who has ever played quake / counter-strike / half-life for any serious length of time would feel the same.

http://reddit.com/r/arenafps Take a look in the sidebar of this subreddit. All of these are FPSs developed with some seriousness / competitive nature involved. You won't find a single one of them that doesn't implement some of the techniques from this submission because they just couldn't work with the default / basic movement mode.

I'm bias towards the type of game, but the same applies to third person games or flying games etc.

I'm unsure why it wouldn't be accepted considering the responses. I count 10 sales already from this thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd buy it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm incredibly interested in this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds awesome. I would be keen on trying this for a first-person slasher! $15 makes it an easy choice too. Go for it dude.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any update for release?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice! Next thing i wanna see is VQ3 movements, almost the same thing only no air control and no rampjumping!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I must have this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It looks like all I needed to do was type in a new 'category' for the variables and then I can organize them accordingly, phew

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe the best way would be to create a "set defaults" function, that has everything the user should edit. IE just running through each variable and setting it on a begin play event, maybe with a comment box around each one to briefly explain what the value is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X