Classic FPS movement pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Great to hear on the update! Looking forward to that.

Edit. Also is the jumping while crouching still a problem?
    Last edited by belushy; 03-21-2017, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    previous version still drops into 4.15, but i'll also be rolling out an update soon- I was able to greatly improve the amount of air control possible in the multiplayer implementation by changing how I was feeding in values from the air accel algorithm.
    Last edited by Pheesh; 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just getting back into using unreal purchased this awhile ago. Is it updated for 4.15?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Picked this up myself for use later on Gonna save me a hell of a lot of time! Only spent a few minutes running around and a very brief glance over the blueprints - all looks good and in order. Nice work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey termiter,
    The integration with generic shooter pack has to be completely redone everytime they release a new version because of the way they have to integrate. I have previous versions of the combined pack prior to GS 4.13, but starting with 4.13 I had held off a new integration package thinking they would update to 4.14 or 4.15 because it is a good deal of effort, but it seems like they are not updating GS? It seems like I just need bite the bullet and do integration w/ 4.13 then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=5960]apoisonedgift[/MENTION] : its pretty good, im just chasing support now :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm I'm glad this got a bump because I totally missed it and it looks sick! Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Pheesh, i sent you a private message and email about integration for genericshooter and classicfps movement with proof of purchase of both, its been a couple days with no response, you around ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, sorry I'm not checking this forum as much- it should work for v4.14 out of the box. If you do run into any issue let me know, but others haven't had issues since 4.14 dropped.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If I was to buy this code, would I be able to use it commercially for something like publishing to Steam?

Also, has anyone tested it for v4.14.x?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pheesh View Post
    hey hydrolist, sorry I didn't see this earlier- if you're running 4.14 I think there's going to be a new Generic shooter release soon for that, so once that drops I can re-integrate it for you.
    Lovely, this is good news, can't wait. Big Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey hydrolist, sorry I didn't see this earlier- if you're running 4.14 I think there's going to be a new Generic shooter release soon for that, so once that drops I can re-integrate it for you.
    Wow man cool, That'd be great thanks I'll keep active on these forums.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since child blueprints continue to be buggy, to integrate w/ the generic shooter pack the best approach I settled on was to re-create the functions of the fps movement pack in the BP_PlayerCharacter blueprint. Essentially you create each function in the BP_PlayerCharacter blueprint, then copy paste the underlying nodes from the MPfpsMoveCharacter blueprint. This sounds simple but there are a few pitfalls and things you need to watch out for in translating the functions, custom events etc. You need to re-create all the variables, make sure every little node and connection got brought in when pasting and that the default values of every variable are re-set to the same. If you are looking at a completely new blueprint this can be pretty difficult to navigate.

So in this case, rather than create an hour+ long tutorial that probably would not cover everything you need to watch out for in integrating w/ the GS pack, I can share my integrated blueprint solution directly with you (pm me) if you are a verified owner of the GS pack.
    Sorry I'm new on these forums and can't find an option to PM you; Would I be able to grab this off of you please?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like to use my mouse wheel down to jump when bunny hopping, and after binding it to jump I noticed that the jump sound would play but the character would not actually jump. After a little research I found that the mouse wheel up and down functions were considered pressed and released in the same tick, so it would start and end the jump at the same time. I am not sure if this is the best fix, but my solution was to add a very small delay after InputAction Jump released. This seems to have fixed the problem, and so far I have not noticed any adverse effects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SuLoMzK.png
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1112904

Leave a comment:

Working...
X