No announcement yet.

Classic FPS movement pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some folks who purchased specifically wanted some help integrating this with the generic shooter pack. Here's a quick look at the result of integration:

Initially I tried to utilize only a child blueprint but there are a number of bugs with how UE4 handles child blueprints right now. Ultimately I had to settle on recreating the blueprint and functions directly in the BP_PlayerCharacter blueprint.

Comment

Will there be a tutorial on how to do it?

Comment

Since child blueprints continue to be buggy, to integrate w/ the generic shooter pack the best approach I settled on was to re-create the functions of the fps movement pack in the BP_PlayerCharacter blueprint. Essentially you create each function in the BP_PlayerCharacter blueprint, then copy paste the underlying nodes from the MPfpsMoveCharacter blueprint. This sounds simple but there are a few pitfalls and things you need to watch out for in translating the functions, custom events etc. You need to re-create all the variables, make sure every little node and connection got brought in when pasting and that the default values of every variable are re-set to the same. If you are looking at a completely new blueprint this can be pretty difficult to navigate.

So in this case, rather than create an hour+ long tutorial that probably would not cover everything you need to watch out for in integrating w/ the GS pack, I can share my integrated blueprint solution directly with you (pm me) if you are a verified owner of the GS pack.

Comment

It works great with GS and integrated blueprint solution works out of the box. I would recommend thoroughly, if you like this kind of movement. Moreover, the author of this product is very helpful if you encounter any problems. Cool thing!

Comment

I've been looking for something like this , just paid and D/loaded Thank you very much

Comment

Tried to pm you for support Pheesh, but your inbox is full =(

Comment

Sorry about that Drastic- I got your first pm at least before the limit kicked in. Cleared it out now.

It sounds like with that tutorial I pm'ed you just now you are all set with the GS integration, but let me know if you run into anything else!

Comment

Just a note to everyone that this release supports 4.10 without any update needed, but please let me know if you run into any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheesh View Post
                    Some folks who purchased specifically wanted some help integrating this with the generic shooter pack. Here's a quick look at the result of integration:

Initially I tried to utilize only a child blueprint but there are a number of bugs with how UE4 handles child blueprints right now. Ultimately I had to settle on recreating the blueprint and functions directly in the BP_PlayerCharacter blueprint.
                    I just saw this. Oh dang.

I was slowly going to build some of these features myself (not seeing this thread before) into GS because I need some of them for my own project but now I'm probably just going to... not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheesh View Post
                      [B] [*]Adds a simple HUD speedometer:because half the fun may be seeing how fast you can go! Realistically this is just a simple speedometer to help you fine tune movement to your preferences.
                      LOLed at this!

Project looks really interesting.

If there is tight integration between this and Allar's Generic Shooter this could be "the beginning of a beautiful friendship".

Comment

Hello! very cool blueprint.

I have one question (before buying if work): It's possible to use in it in UT4 alpha? Can you make a video to show it please?

Chears
                        UT4 map : DM-Campground_Intel QuakeLive | DM-Placebo_effect Quake 4
                        Feel free to email me : axel[.]acquarone[@]gmail.com

Comment

Not sure how active this is still but I do have a bug to bring up. Currently if you jump going up into a ramp and completely let go of all control (no buttons pressed) your character continues to slide in what direction you had momentum. Overall while playing with this blueprint for a couple of months this is the only bug I have run into. Love this blueprint and hope to hear back soon!

Comment

thanks to answer

Have to try it in UT4 too?
                            To have a mix of quake/UT/CPMA
                            UT4 map : DM-Campground_Intel QuakeLive | DM-Placebo_effect Quake 4
                            Feel free to email me : axel[.]acquarone[@]gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by BTLRoach View Post
                              Not sure how active this is still but I do have a bug to bring up. Currently if you jump going up into a ramp and completely let go of all control (no buttons pressed) your character continues to slide in what direction you had momentum. Overall while playing with this blueprint for a couple of months this is the only bug I have run into. Love this blueprint and hope to hear back soon!
                              Hi Roach,
                              You may be experiencing the ramp slide mechanic here. There is a "rampslide threshold factor" that basically allows you to glide up ramps of a certain angle if you exceed a multiple of walk speed (depending on the setting). This movement originated from a bug in goldsource and source games that created for some fun gameplay, so some people enjoy it. If you increase the "rampslide threshold factor" to something ridiculous then you should not slide on ramps at all. Let me know if you are experiencing it after upping the threshold, but I should probably add a simple disable option in next release.

Comment

This is a purchase I definitely didn't suffer any buyers remorse on. Out of the box, works like a charm and helped me wrap my head around some mechanics that I couldn't even begin to comprehend on how they worked.

Side note, I seen Tribes skiing on your trello and I was wondering if you've worked that out at all. I have a "working" if you want to call it that version coupled up with a wall run, but I feel like my approach for skiing is lacking finesse.
                                Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Working...
                                X