Generic Shooter: Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allar View Post

Please read #read-me-first for instructions on how to gain write access.

For now, you can use the Epic built in console command r.Decal.FadeScreenSizeMult followed by a multiplier, i.e. r.Decal.FadeScreenSizeMult 5. Default is 1.
    Oh, thank you very much, I did not see, because there is no Google translator for the discord.

Comment

Originally posted by Allar View Post
      Sorry I've been neglecting this thread. All support is now primarily through my Discord, available at http://discord.gamemak.in

For the first part, those are all just the basic built in camera lag settings for the spring arm. You can disable it all or adjust them in the SpringArm component of BP_PlayerCharacter.

For the second part, good catch. Apparently, this is a default Epic setting that requires a checkbox flip to enable. You can do this in the CharacterMovementComponent settings of BP_PlayerCharacter.

I won't be touching older versions, I'll only be moving forward. The animation system is changing quite a bit so that it is a bit easier to use and modify. Adding a whole new movement state though, such as sprinting, is a bit more complex, however. The weapon system is also being actively rewritten to better support melee stuff, which will be handled slightly differently. These new systems will have documentation in time, but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to write these under GS's new paradigms.
      I ended up with a pretty slick Line Trace system for Melee, and now finally got two totally new modes of play built with Distance Scoring. And I did end up getting the Ammo working, but I had to change the Code for some reason. I've turned your Template into a cross between L4D2 and Killing Floor. It's slowly coming together. I would gladly use your new version but it's changed so much that to do so I would have to trash half my project. LOL Not going there! I'll get a work around, at this point it's becoming a monster!

Comment

Hi,
        I would like to set up weapon in menu, just like the playercharacter (model) I see it works by ID, but the player default weapon works via weapon managment. What should I call or how i can achieve this ? I have tried similiar to CharacterID- Trying change GiveDefaultweapon (similiar to UpdateMesh) In menu i can see the weapon name changing, but always spawn the character with the first weapon (0- in Gameinstace was give) thank you for any help !

Comment

Originally posted by Arnesso View Post
          Hi,
          I would like to set up weapon in menu, just like the playercharacter (model) I see it works by ID, but the player default weapon works via weapon managment. What should I call or how i can achieve this ? I have tried similiar to CharacterID- Trying change GiveDefaultweapon (similiar to UpdateMesh) In menu i can see the weapon name changing, but always spawn the character with the first weapon (0- in Gameinstace was give) thank you for any help !
          He's reworking everything since 4.18 to be cleaner and more user friendly. The new tutorials aren't out yet. Weapon logic was in BP_BaseWeapon in earlier versions. Search for that in Content Browser.

Comment

Hey just wondering how to add sprint and melee ?
            Last edited by ThirdEyeAgent; 04-28-2018, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdEyeAgent View Post
              Hey just wondering how to add sprint and melee ?
              Sprint is one you can Youtube to find the answer, and Melee has to use line traces on the weapon

Comment

Hi, where can I find a demonstration video showing the latest version of this project?

Comment

Originally posted by Latanza View Post
                  Hi, where can I find a demonstration video showing the latest version of this project?
                  Last I knew he hasn't updated the videos because he is rebuilding it for 4.19. Once he has it updated he intends to do some new videos. If you use an older version like 4.15 or 4.16 the old videos apply mostly.

Comment

Update for 4.19????

Comment

Okay, I need some help Allar, I've basically built L4D3, but when I get to match end map voting on my new game mode, it isn't firing the map voter. It works fine with Death Match and Team Deathmatch Modes, just not my 5 map distance scoring Modes, which are children of Death and Team Death Match. Why is it not firing the map voter at Match End? It comes up, but stalls there...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X