Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding the SuperGrid system to my project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding the SuperGrid system to my project?

If I create a project in unreal, and want to add supergrid to it - what do I actually need to do?

The reason I ask is because the "Add to project" functionality, only seems to work for creating anew project... and that project is a first person project, I would like to add it to a blank third person project.

create a new supergrid project-> open it -> right click on the content folder -> migrate

Comment

Just copying the unchanged SuperGrid map that is living under Content into another Content map is good too.

The 'Add to Project' and 'Create Project' buttons in the Launcher are messed up, not only on SuperGrid.
      Last edited by Mikand79; 06-15-2015, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Yeah, sorry for that!
        There is also some info in FAQ about this
        Q: The library in the launcher has a button for [content] which says 'Add to project' but when clicked it shows a dialog to create a project. I was hoping to see a dialog to add [content] to a project. How do I do this?

A: This is not a feature we currently have in our launcher. However, you are able to create your project and migrate the files manually.

Step 1: Create the project you wish to work on.
        Step 2: Open the project file you wish to migrate (ex. SuperGrids)
        Step 3: Right click on the asset you wish to migrate and select "Migrate"
        Step 4: Select Okay and the Project you wish to migrate the files to.
        I hope Epic will add this feature at some point
        SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
        Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

I think the reason is that SuperGrid has it's own configuration files (for input) and those cannot be added to an existing project.
          Realistic Atmosphere 2.0 | YouTube | Forum | Marketplace

Comment

Thanks,

Also, must I use the textures / Materials provided? Or may I use my own with the meshes?

Comment

Originally posted by LeamDelaney View Post
              Thanks,

Also, must I use the textures / Materials provided? Or may I use my own with the meshes?
              you can do whatever you want with it , the only thing you can't do is resell it or release the source of the pack

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Khalikov View Post
                I think the reason is that SuperGrid has it's own configuration files (for input) and those cannot be added to an existing project.
                Really? If it is the case then I could fix it - conf. files are not required for correct work
                Thanks!
                Originally posted by LeamDelaney View Post
                Thanks,

Hey!
                Well, you could use it however you want(Except reselling and redistributing the source of the pack)!
                If you want to use your own custom textures instead of SuperGrid then check out this post, it's pretty basic!
                As for meshes - any modular mesh with correct UV and texture density(I'm talking about Epic guidelines) should work. However for perfect work some additional work required(Align UV correctly so it does not span during scaling, good collision mesh and etc)
                TEXTURE DENSITY
                Assets should be UV mapped so that 1 texture tile covers 1m in the game world to maintain a consistent texture density. For example, if you build a wall 2m in length the texture you apply to it should tile twice along the length of the wall. Unique or more complex assets may break this guideline, but only where justified.

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                  Really? If it is the case then I could fix it - conf. files are not required for correct work
                  Thanks!
                  When I was uploading my own package to the Marketplace, I had only included the config files that were automatically generated by the Editor when I created a new separate project for my assets. And it worked well - "Add to project" works for my package. I am not 100% sure that config files are the reason it doesn't work for SuperGrid, but it seems to be a reasonable explanation to me, so you can certainly try to fix it this way.
                  Last edited by Robert Khalikov; 06-16-2015, 10:15 AM.
                  Realistic Atmosphere 2.0 | YouTube | Forum | Marketplace

Comment

Please help me .When I start a project here gives me this error "errors / warnings reported while playing in editor". How to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lilsant Games View Post
                      Please help me .When I start a project here gives me this error "errors / warnings reported while playing in editor". How to fix it?
                      Hey Lilsant, what error you're getting?
                      If it looks like this
                      LogLinker:Warning: Asset '../../../../../../Users/.../Content/SuperGrid/Materials/Functions/UV/UV_ObjectScalable.uasset' has been saved with empty engine version. The asset will be loaded but may be incompatible.
                      then don't worry - just ignore it, it breaks nothing.

Package was saved without version applied to be compatible with Unreal Tournament Editor which ignores hotfixes of Unreal Engine
                      Anyway, in next update I will save package with pure 4.8 so these messages will go away!

Comment

Working...
                      X