Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I am just submitting textures to the marketplace, do they have to be in their own UE4 project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I am just submitting textures to the marketplace, do they have to be in their own UE4 project?

I am currently in the process of submitting my very first product to the marketplace but I am somewhat confused by the instructions regarding the file structure. What I am submitting is really just a bunch of texture .png files, but the instructions seem to talk only about if you are selling something inside a project file. Do i need to create a project for my submission?

Yes you must create a project and set a folder structure up. Follow the instructions and everything will go smoothly! You also need to set up a test level that showcases the assets. You should create materials to showcase them.
    Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
    Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
    Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
    Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
    Digital Portfolio

Comment

You should probably set the materials up, not just submit the textures.
      Easy weapons in Unreal Engine 4:
      Check out Realistic Blueprint Weapons

Currently doing a tutorial series on Vectors and what they are good for.
      Please visit Unreal Unscripted

Comment

well... im submitting a color lookup table pack, which is a bunch of texture files that you just plug into any post process volume.... but i guess i'll put it into a project as you all say.

Comment

They are correct. Everything must be set up in a UE4 project and ready to use. Happy to answer any other questions you've got!
          -jon [ web: www.jonjones.com | twitter: @jonjones ]

Comment

Working...
          X