• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Inventory and Equipment System

Hey guys,

UPDATE 14/09/2015
    =========================
    Well I submitted the update just now and it includes the following:

- various bug fixes and cleanups (list inventory missing the stack number on items, get bonuses function returning wrong values, and few more)
    - weight system that can be turned on/off (weight is ignored when crafting, or spawning default items, or unequipping, weight calculations ignore the weight of currently equipped items)
    - Item Recipe class that upon activation (right click on the item) will consume the ingredients and spawn an item (it has a modified tooltip that shows the required materials, and which item it will spawn)
    (Item recipes can be either used a single time, or can be used multiple times (there is a boolean for this)

- Items can now use skeletal meshes as well as static meshes (there is a boolean to switch between which one to use per item)

and as a bonus:
    -Simple chest that upon activation (right clicking) will drop items (the sample one drops Sword Recipe and 2 ingots required to make the sword) ofc the drops can be changed

Tutorial update detailing the changes will come in the following days

Also there will be a crafting window in the next update, It was removed from the current one due to issues

https://www.unrealengine.com/content...9616ca8c89a4c3
    =======================

The system is finally on marketplace, I've also put it up on Sellfy (comes with the same kind of support as if you were to buy it via marketplace) : https://sellfy.com/p/s5jd/
    Enjoy

A Standalone Inventory/Equipment system which supports stat modification (Designed to work with the Character System, but can be used standalone).
    Can be added to any pawn, and allows creation and handling of gold and custom items and any related variables (item types, item rarities, attributes, requirements, item use scripts etc.).

The system also has a Drop component which can be attached to any pawn. and allows you to trigger an event, which would by random chance (based on specified %) spawn the items specified.

All the blueprints are well commented and there is an implementation tutorial (in pdf format), live help/support is available on request.

The entire system is very flexible and can be used in conjunction with my other systems.

-Create your own items of any type (weapons, armors, quest items, consumables etc.)
    -Comes with premade items: Sword, Two Handed Sword, Armor, Helmet, Shield including basic 3D meshes
    -Comes with premade equipment slots
    -Handles gold (comes with gold item to loot as well)
    -Supports stackable items
    -3 Methods of looting designed to fit your needs, Proximity(which item you near), Raycast(what item you looking at), Mouse(which item you are hovering)
    -Procedural Item tooltips
    -Specify default equipment, and inventory content
    -Handle item drops (via separate component by % chance and minimum and maximum number of the item)
    -Give items attribute requirements and bonuses (you will need to handle these yourself if you dont have the character attribute system)
    -Supports inventory filters
    -Supports mesh attachment (visually adds sword,armor etc. to your pawn mesh)
    -Use the character system to handle the requirement check and bonus attribute calculations
    -Create equipment slots and unique rules for equipping items.
    -Use one of two types of inventory UIs (Grid or List Inventory)
    -Comes with draggable Inventory and Equipment Windows

as of 03/08/2015 SUPPORTS MULTIPLAYER

Tutorial:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gred5toq77...orial.pdf?dl=0

Video:

this is pretty much the first release version. there are planned updates and such, feel free to make suggestions on what you would like to see in future, or comment on any of the current features, or ask any questions you may have.
    Addition of crafting system to the Inventory/Equipment system
    51.09%
    Adding Chests, Banks etc. to the Inventory/Equipment system
    44.57%
    Video Tutorial for integrating this and/or other of my systems together
    46.74%
    Other (please post bellow what you'd like to see from me)
    5.43%
    Last edited by Sarr; 09-14-2015, 05:54 AM. Reason: update
    My Works:
    Inventory and Equipment System | S.M.C (Simple Multiplayer Chat) | Spell/Ability System | Character Attribute Progression System

Youtube | Website | Sellfy Page
    Fantasy 3rd-Person RPG , Skyland Of Arnythos

This is very Cool

Compatibility with character system will allow the player can only be equiped with weapons aimed at his level?

I would suggest Spell System compatibility also, it would be a great advantage towards other inventories in the marketplace. You could add an Action Bar with spell cooldown similar to that used in WoW

Click image for larger version

Name:	full11233.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1076216

Luny
    Attached Files
    lunybunny.com
    lunybunny.com

Comment

Awesome, great to see another system to compliment the others.
      Are you intending to make this multiplayer ready? The multiplayer capability of your other systems was a major selling point for me.
      Is it, or could it be, possible to have inventory transfer? This would allow for lots of features such as banks, chests and even vendors.
      Last edited by LordHogFred; 05-12-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I am very interested in this but I was wondering will you provide any documentation on how to add our own items to your BP's?
        Unfortunately I could hear the video on my work PC so if it was covered I will have to rewatch it. I ask this since I have some items I have created such as a sword and shield in 3dsMax that I'd love to use as game items.

Thanks

Comment

maybe a crafting system also with it and buying and trading

Comment

Originally posted by Winterstone View Post
            I am very interested in this but I was wondering will you provide any documentation on how to add our own items to your BP's?
            Unfortunately I could hear the video on my work PC so if it was covered I will have to rewatch it. I ask this since I have some items I have created such as a sword and shield in 3dsMax that I'd love to use as game items.

Thanks

Character Attribute System is multplayer ready, I bought it. Let's see if this will be also.

Now would be interesting spell casting system with cooldown ready also!

Let's wait for some Adan Wolf answer in this board

Luny
            lunybunny.com
            lunybunny.com

Comment

Well the character system compatibility means that an item can have any attribute as requirement, level, strength, health, what ever attribute you have within your character system.
              only issue is that i cant really "pre" link the systems as then it wouldn't work at all unless you had both, so there is small amount of work required to link the two together, I may be able to provide separate download with the files prelinked if buyers can provide proof of purchase of both systems. this is the exactly same reason why currently there is a action bar for spells etc. but i may be able to provide these as separate downloads. currently the system isnt multiplayer ready, but it is planned as the first update (may be done by the time the system reaches the marketplace) there are also planned tutorials on how to link the systems together. and there will be some small updates to all my systems to help bringing them all together. thou currently im away till tuesday so any updates or work is halted till then.
              also adding any custom items/equipment slots/inventory filters etc. is super easy.
              Last edited by Sarr; 05-14-2015, 12:35 PM.
              My Works:
              Inventory and Equipment System | S.M.C (Simple Multiplayer Chat) | Spell/Ability System | Character Attribute Progression System

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
                Character Attribute System is multplayer ready, I bought it. Let's see if this will be also.

Now would be interesting spell casting system with cooldown ready also!

Let's wait for some Adan Wolf answer in this board

Luny
                I made a free to download cooldown widget for spell system, not sure if you seen it, its in the official spell system thread.
                My Works:

Comment

Originally posted by Sarr View Post
                  I made a free to download cooldown widget for spell system, not sure if you seen it, its in the official spell system thread.
                  Thanks for replying, Sarr

I'm suggesting that shows the spell icons in a dropdown style placed into the inventory, that can be dragged by player to an ActionBar (mouse pointer ready), similar thats used in WoW, with the cooldown spinning over the spell icon in addition to time and hotkey number.

Just a suggestion to supplement their inventory, I not still saw anything like it in other inventories available in marketplace, I think this can be a great advantage when anyone comes to choosing integrate all your systems.

Luny
                  lunybunny.com
                  lunybunny.com

Comment

i may provide free to download files that will be something like that, an integration of two system functionalities in a small subsystem such as action bar or so.
                    My Works:

Comment

Originally posted by Sarr View Post
                      i may provide free to download files that will be something like that, an integration of two system functionalities in a small subsystem such as action bar or so.

Many thanks, Sarr

RPG fans, as we will stay happiest with it.

I do not know what you think, but how are you focusing on character system, why not to implement an UMG for skill tree with some example attributes. Is just an idea.

Luny.
                      lunybunny.com
                      lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
                        Many thanks, Sarr

RPG fans, as we will stay happiest with it.

I do not know what you think, but how are you focusing on character system, why not to implement an UMG for skill tree with some example attributes. Is just an idea.

Luny.
                        I am mainly translating parts of my existing game into subsystems to sell on the marketplace to fund the game. So in the end there will be puzzle pieces to put together an entire rpg game. next system after this will probably be a melee/ranged combat system, thou I may start working on a full rpg template. well see, first I goto finish this system (atm waiting for response from my testers) .. and there are always minor bugs in the first marketplace release.
                        My Works:

Comment

It's been a while, is there any update on when this might be available?

Comment

What would you like me to start working on next? (the multiplayer update has been sent to epic and hopefully will be on the marketplace soon)
                            My Works:

Comment

Evening Sarr, just picked this up and have a couple of noob questions

Items have a 'lootable' variable which needs to be checked to pick the item up, what would you use a non-lootable item for? When the flag is not set you can't interact with the item as far as I can see? Just wondering what I'm missing!

Useable items, I've checked the 'Usable' flag and overridden the 'Use Item' function, works great. So I assume the 'Item Type" is just ignored in this case? Anything else I need to know about useable items?

Really liking this, seems very straightforward to use and is nicely documented.

Regarding your question on what to work on next, have you thought about item containers?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X