[DEPRECATED] Marketplace FAQ and Guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You create a folder called Maps and inside it you can create two level maps: 1 you can name it Showcase or Demo if you have a scene and 1 you can name it Overview and you will place all assets which are part of the package over a platform. If you are only distributing materials/textures you will only need an Overview map inside your Maps folder.

I would suggest for you do download from the Marketplace the Automotive Materials (free Epic's content) and see how it is done the Overview map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I guess create a new folder in my asset pack that says maps , i guess

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another thing i was looking is the folder structure should be ... Content/pack of name folder/materials,textures,meshes..Those 3 goes inside pack content name ..but where i put the demo of the scene? should i create another folder that says demo_level?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks man thats what i need

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is possible. Only power of 2 dimensions are required, no matter if value for height is different from width.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    for instance a bark texture dont need to be 4096 by 4096 thats a waist of space , if i use 4096 height and wide 2048 can be possible if we are talking about bark textures?
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IM saying 4096 by 2048

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Smiljan77 View Post
    PLease can i upload textures of 4096 by 2048 for the marketplace ? this will be some textures of a model that dont require to be square so can i?
    I think you missunderstood. The dimensions need to be power of 2, so 4096 is power of two and 2048 is power of 2, you can't do is like 4095 x 2048 or 4096 x 2001... There are several cases where it is preferable for the dimensions to be the same, but in the case of HDRI for cubemap images they are naturally not the same.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PLease can i upload textures of 4096 by 2048 for the marketplace ? this will be some textures of a model that dont require to be square so can i?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pepeeee View Post
    Checking out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time might get you an idea of what happened there
    hehe weird web stuff

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What exactly counts as an asset pack?

Is it allowed to sell one weapon with a bunch of attachments that can be used on other weapons too (scope, iron sight, laser sight, silencer, etc) and maybe a couple of skins as well?

Or are only at least 5 different weapons allowed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, how to submit few models made in 3ds max for sell on marketplace and in which format?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it was released to the Marketplace 1969-12-31
    Because the value "0" in UNIX time means "midnight, January 1, 1970, at GMT"
    Which, when translated to US time, becomes "eventhing, December 31, 1969"
    The source seems to be that that, somehow, the field that's supposed to store the date in the database, instead stores nothing (0) or it's a bug that loses the date value on the way from database to web page.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How long i can refund after buy?

and can refund my complete libery?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
    [MENTION=29169]Smarkoff[/MENTION]

Could someone from Marketplace team explain a bit why my plugin page says it was released to the Marketplace 1969-12-31
    Checking out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time might get you an idea of what happened there

Leave a comment:

Working...
X