Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james___uk View Post
    Hey I've still got a few questions after going through the FAQ a few times
    1. So just to make sure, I only need to have my assets updated to engine releases ending in .0, so 4.8, 4.9, etc, not 4.81, 4.82, etc?
    2. If you are allowed to speculate or answer on this I was wondering what the typical timeframe is for a content developer to be paid?
    3. I could only price my assets in increments of $5 but have seen less even pricing around, why might this be?
    4. Is cross promotion agreed with another seller okay on a products page? E.g 'this goes great with this'
    5. Lastly is it possible to offer a discount to previous/new buyers of an asset for another asset I've released?

Sorry for all the questions! Any answers are greatly appreciated
    Hey James!

1. Only for major number releases. A 4.10 project will be compatible with 4.10.1, or 4.10.2.
    2. Within 45 days following the month you exceeded $100. So for January sales you'll be paid in March.
    3. The marketplace changed from $15 pricing to $14.99 pricing a while ago.
    4. So long as you have permission from the other seller, I don't see why not. Collaboration is something that I believe would be beneficial to all, both consumers and sellers.
    5. At the moment I don't believe so. I've requested this in the past.

Hope this answers your questions, let us know if you have any more!

Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Hey thankyou very much for the reply, also sorry my question was worded all wrong about pricing I meant prices like 17.99 as opposed to 19.99. Also thankyou very much that's answered what I was wondering

Comment

Originally posted by james___uk View Post
        Hey thankyou very much for the reply, also sorry my question was worded all wrong about pricing I meant prices like 17.99 as opposed to 19.99. Also thankyou very much that's answered what I was wondering
        Happy to help! Yeah the pricing has to be in increments of 5, I mistakenly thought you were referring to even pricing such as $15 as opposed to $14.99. Let us know if you have any more questions! =)

Comment

Okay thankyou very much

Comment

Does anybody know if Code Components ( UActorComponent ) are accepted by marketplace?
            Those C++ components we can create in Editor, not packaged inside a plugin system...
            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Is there a statistic for marketplace? Were you can see wich one was bought how many times and stuff like that?
              Following this question, is there any way to know how much earnings to spect from publishing an item on the marketplace ?

Comment

I'm from Germany and would like to submit content to the Marketplace. In my Epic account under Tax Information is a "Tax ID" field which I think in my case would be for an ITIN number. My current understanding is that Epic will subtract 30% withholding tax from my earnings (in addition to the 30% Epic fee) if I don't provide an ITIN. Is that understanding correct?
                I would like to have official confirmation from Epic about this, because it will cost me time and money to get an ITIN number.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoio View Post
                  Following this question, is there any way to know how much earnings to spect from publishing an item on the marketplace ?
                  Hey Paranoio!

As of December of last year, you are able to see live sales data for all of your marketplace content in the Seller Profile.

Originally posted by Theokoles View Post
                  I'm from Germany and would like to submit content to the Marketplace. In my Epic account under Tax Information is a "Tax ID" field which I think in my case would be for an ITIN number. My current understanding is that Epic will subtract 30% withholding tax from my earnings (in addition to the 30% Epic fee) if I don't provide an ITIN. Is that understanding correct?
                  I would like to have official confirmation from Epic about this, because it will cost me time and money to get an ITIN number.
                  Hey Theokoles!

Epic doesn't withhold taxes for the United States, so I wouldn't imagine they'd do it elsewhere. We have to pay the taxes on our own. Any EU content creator feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Comment

In this thread, they say that an ITIN is needed, otherwise withholding tax is automatically paid: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ithholding-Tax

Comment

I've got problem with creation of my seller profile. This dialog appears Click image for larger version

Name:	Przechwytywanie.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	1100635.
                      What should I do ?

Comment

Hey robal911s!

There was an issue with the seller profile for a while, all of us were locked out for a few hours. It seems to have resolved itself, try logging out and back in and see if it is still giving you the same error or has cleared up.

Comment

Ok. Now everythink works well.

Comment

So according to the FAQ, C++ Content is not accepted yet but i just found this on the marketplace? https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit
                            Offering my Freelance Game Design ,Counselling and C++ Programming Skills!
                            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ner-Counseling

Marketplace Assets
                            Melee Tracing Plugin:https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Tracing-Plugin
                            Medieval Combat Starter Kit:https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...at-Starter-Kit
                            Foliage To Blueprint:https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...e-to-blueprint

Comment

Hello!

I had a question regarding the sale of marketplace content requiring free plugins. I am working on a material pack making use of Allegorithmic Substance's plugin, is it possible to sell a marketplace content requiring this plugin to be installed?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Can we get some more info regarding code plugins? File and project structure, source, binaries, anything really. There is nothing in the submission guideliness related to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X