[DEPRECATED] Marketplace FAQ and Guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Izion,

This post from Jon Jones should help answer your question. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Hi SE_JonF,

I'm a little unsure on the "cook the content manually" part, as in I assume this is different to cooking it with the Ark Dev Kit but will keep an eye open for the coming guide. Thanks for pointing this out

Izion
      Last edited by Izion; 10-15-2015, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Hey Izion,

Anytime! I believe Jon will expound upon that soon. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

What is the typical time frame between submission and review approval to release date for content submissions nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by earthur View Post
            What is the typical time frame between submission and review approval to release date for content submissions nowadays?
            Hi there!

It really depends. We are getting a lot of submissions, but we have tightened up our review and legal process so that all of this goes much faster. The biggest delay then comes from the amount of people we then have to release. So for right now I'd say on average (without any technical or major delays): 1 week for initial review, 1 to 2 weeks for review and paperwork to clear if all goes well and then you should only have to wait 3 weeks for your release date. So in total for right now the timeline is about 45-60 days from start to finish.

We are looking for ways that we can release more content throughout the week and we are starting to release more and more each week so this process should go faster as we work to improve things. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Comment

Can i, for blueprint oriented marketplace item, borrow few (3-5) effects from infinity blade collections, deconstruct and refactor them slightly and use as part of showcase level as example how to use some blueprint systems which product would have. Estimated folder size 5 mb.

Comment

Hi CriErr! As long as the FX are for demonstration purposes, and don't make up the majority of your submission, that should be fine. Thanks for asking!
                -jon [ web: www.jonjones.com | twitter: @jonjones ]

Comment

Is there a statistic for marketplace? Were you can see wich one was bought how many times and stuff like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Kanizitas View Post
                    Is there a statistic for marketplace? Were you can see wich one was bought how many times and stuff like that?
                    At the moment - no. But seller portal with such functionality has been in development for quite some time and you can see first iteration here, no stats at the moment though...
                    SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                    Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by [Epic]Smarkoff View Post
                      So in total for right now the timeline is about 45-60 days from start to finish.
                      How is that works with updates, i submit the project and then, after 30 days, you guys may say - "yep it's fine", what if on that moment i have an update or even rework for some stuff in that project?

Comment

Originally posted by CriErr View Post
                        How is that works with updates, i submit the project and then, after 30 days, you guys may say - "yep it's fine", what if on that moment i have an update or even rework for some stuff in that project?
                        At that point, you can just send in your update, we'll take a look at it just to make sure everything functions properly and then just update your files for release!

Comment

Can someone pls rename my thread _:c i PN Mods aleady and stuff!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ungeon-Builder

Pls rename it to Tomb Creator :3

Comment

Wen will we be able to buy Plugins?
                            Still the only one I see is Substance plugin.
                            Also when project is updated to an engine version which there's no Substance plugin installed, engine should remove the plugins that aren't found from the .uproject file and stop trying to load it :/
                            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                              Also when project is updated to an engine version which there's no Substance plugin installed, engine should remove the plugins that aren't found from the .uproject file and stop trying to load it :/
                              Yeah, I had an issue with a game jam project, where someone loaded the project into their editor, which had Substance installed. Despite not using it for anything, the editor decided to write the Substance dependency into the uproject file, which prevented it from loading on other machines which didn't have Substance installed!

Comment

Hey I've still got a few questions after going through the FAQ a few times
                                1. So just to make sure, I only need to have my assets updated to engine releases ending in .0, so 4.8, 4.9, etc, not 4.81, 4.82, etc?
                                2. If you are allowed to speculate or answer on this I was wondering what the typical timeframe is for a content developer to be paid?
                                3. I could only price my assets in increments of $5 but have seen less even pricing around, why might this be?
                                4. Is cross promotion agreed with another seller okay on a products page? E.g 'this goes great with this'
                                5. Lastly is it possible to offer a discount to previous/new buyers of an asset for another asset I've released?

Sorry for all the questions! Any answers are greatly appreciated
                                Last edited by james___uk; 01-13-2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X