No announcement yet.

[DEPRECATED] Marketplace FAQ and Guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I should have been clearer. In your thread, either change the title to "[MOD PLEASE CHANGE]" or send a moderator a Private Message requesting the change.
    -jon [ web: www.jonjones.com | twitter: @jonjones ]

Comment

Thanks, Done

Comment

Please can someone confirm if this rule is still up to date
        Q: Can I use marketplace assets in engines other than the Unreal Engine?

A: Yes, you can use purchased Marketplace content in engines other than the Unreal Engine. The only exception is any content offered for free by Epic, such as the "Open World Demo Collection" or our tutorial resources.

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't be. If its still on the site then its safe to say it is. =)

Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

In the seceond Q you mention Coming Soon -column, but.. where it is? Where can I see which items are about to come soon to marketplace?
            This would then help the purchase decision: If i.e I am about to purchase grass system, and would see that there is a new one coming likely in short time, I could wait a bit to compare them when the new one is released. Anyway such would help in many situations. I see there is some here in this forum marked as [Coming Soon] in title, but is there any official list of ones that are on the waiting line?

Comment

Some of these FAQs are a little outdated. The coming soon tab was used when trello was part of the submission process. Due to community input it was discontinued in order to optimize submission times. =)

Comment

when will be able to release free content to the marketplace ?

Comment

Originally posted by agit View Post
                  When the backend is close to fully automated, I believe. For now most of the work is done manually and free assets would just add more overhead to staff.
                  | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                    When the backend is close to fully automated, I believe. For now most of the work is done manually and free assets would just add more overhead to staff.
                    do you guys have any ETA, though?
                    Last edited by agit; 10-05-2015, 07:27 AM.

Comment

BrUnO is just speculating at this point. We don't know if Epic will provide free asset support for the marketplace. Currently the community has released such content in one of the appropriate subforums below.

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                        BrUnO is just speculating at this point.
                        Exactly
                        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by plumbjet View Post
                          Please can someone confirm if this rule is still up to date
                          Q: Can I use marketplace assets in engines other than the Unreal Engine?

A: Yes, you can use purchased Marketplace content in engines other than the Unreal Engine. The only exception is any content offered for free by Epic, such as the "Open World Demo Collection" or our tutorial resources.
                          i would guess is not true, you free to submit your content for any engine or marketplace, but you cannot use unreal marketplace content in any other engine or marketplaces, because i'm as content creator for marketplace, can use epic content as part of my, like mannequin, and with this asset all other parts of terms of use as "not allowed for any other engine" activates.
                          Last edited by CriErr; 10-08-2015, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Hi, just don't know where to ask properly, but try here. I submitted my project almost two weeks ago and got only automated answer that my project was recieved, after a week I bumped to the marketplace e-mail about the status but still no answer. Just curious the approx time when you usually get any answer from the Epic's marketplace team? Thanks!

Comment

Catching up!

Originally posted by ZSeppo View Post
                              In the seceond Q you mention Coming Soon -column, but.. where it is? Where can I see which items are about to come soon to marketplace?
                              This would then help the purchase decision: If i.e I am about to purchase grass system, and would see that there is a new one coming likely in short time, I could wait a bit to compare them when the new one is released. Anyway such would help in many situations. I see there is some here in this forum marked as [Coming Soon] in title, but is there any official list of ones that are on the waiting line?
                              Humorously enough, the coming soon column is itself coming soon. We're updating the launcher with the features of the web Marketplace -- search, comments, and ratings -- in the near future, and we'll be adding more categories as well, including a coming soon section once we determine the best way to present it. Currently there isn't a public-facing list of upcoming content.

Originally posted by agit View Post
                              There are currently no plans to publish free content to the Marketplace, with the exception of Epic-produced content, or code plugins in some cases.

Originally posted by CriErr View Post
                              i would guess is not true, you free to submit your content for any engine or marketplace, but you cannot use unreal marketplace content in any other engine or marketplaces, because i'm as content creator for marketplace, can use epic content as part of my, like mannequin, and with this asset all other parts of terms of use as "not allowed for any other engine" activates.
                              Officially, you can use any content you purchase on the Marketplace anywhere you like, except for Epic's content.

Originally posted by teho View Post
                              Hi, just don't know where to ask properly, but try here. I submitted my project almost two weeks ago and got only automated answer that my project was recieved, after a week I bumped to the marketplace e-mail about the status but still no answer. Just curious the approx time when you usually get any answer from the Epic's marketplace team? Thanks!
                              Hello, teho! What's the name of your submission? I'll take a look at this and make sure you get a response ASAP. Sorry for the delay!
                              -jon [ web: www.jonjones.com | twitter: @jonjones ]

Comment

Hi,
                                Can these assets be used as Mods for current games (Ark Survival) as long as they are free to use?

I just wasn't sure with how this is worded, I think it would be okay but wanted to check:

Each such product built using content purchased on the Marketplace must be a standalone creative work (such a game, simulation, or video) in which content is merely a component and not the primary focus. For example, it may not be a content pack for distribution to engine users.

Comment

Working...
                                X