No announcement yet.

Blueprint Dialogue System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks fantastic and fair priced, can't wait to try it out!

Comment

It's finally up for voting on trello
      https://trello.com/c/fSMafZNR/396-bl...ialogue-system

Comment

Cool! Thanks for letting us know
        Voting for it right now.
        "sic parvis magna"
        @Meguido

Comment

Originally posted by Meguido View Post
          Cool! Thanks for letting us know
          Voting for it right now.
          Great, thank you!

For anyone who is looking for a specific feature that might be missing, I would love to hear it. I am currently working on adding audio hooks, which should make it into the release build easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Grogger View Post
            I am currently working on adding audio hooks, which should make it into the release build easily.
            Does this mean it'll be easy to apply voiced dialogue to the relevant text?

Comment

Originally posted by Vata Raven View Post
              Does this mean it'll be easy to apply voiced dialogue to the relevant text?
              Yeppers, or at least that's the plan! There have been a few suggestions/requests in this reddit thread about this feature, and if you have any other requests or suggestions, feel free to please add them to the list

Comment

I have a question tho:
                How many colors can you add in one dialogue box?
                "sic parvis magna"
                @Meguido

Comment

Originally posted by Meguido View Post
                  I have a question tho:
                  How many colors can you add in one dialogue box?
                  As many as you'd like, there aren't any real limits to the number of colors you can have. You can give each letter of every word a different color if you would like to

It works through text formatting tags, so it could look like this: [col="1"]Red,[/col] [col="0,1"]Green,[/col] [col="0,0,1"]Blue,[/col], and default.

Color tags can be stored in variables too, so you can have color standards or easily changeable colors.
                  So it would look more like this: {color:red}Red,{color:end} {color:green}Green,{color:end} {color:blue}Blue,{color:end}

Comment

Yeppers, or at least that's the plan! There have been a few suggestions/requests in this reddit thread about this feature, and if you have any other requests or suggestions, feel free to please add them to the list
                    well, I would love to have a dialogue banter system (you know, because banter is funny), but I think that's a whole other thing

Comment

well, I would love to have a dialogue banter system (you know, because banter is funny), but I think that's a whole other thing
                      Oh, thanks for the suggestion! I think I will use this banter idea for the chat bubble sample! The banter triggers would be an external system, but the dialogue flows and audio or text bubble cues can be managed by this Dialogue System

Comment

The banter triggers would be an external system
                        Yeah, if that is the system for when you running around and your characters start to randomly chat about, or you click an item or pick it up and they comment on it, then that's what I'm thinking about

Comment

Yeah, if that is the system for when you running around and your characters start to randomly chat about, or you click an item or pick it up and they comment on it, then that's what I'm thinking about
                          Ah ok, I think that might be a bit too game specific for this system (what triggers the conversation and what conversation to have can be story driven, or game state related)

Comment

Ah ok, I think that might be a bit too game specific for this system (what triggers the conversation and what conversation to have can be story driven, or game state related)
                            then think of it as an idea for another project, or an extension to your current system. Anyway, your current system is very good as is, and being able to easy apply voiced dialogue to the relevant text with ease is a major plus, but is always nice to update and improve software products

I'm personally more of a fan of these type of assets due to them not being game specific

Comment

Upcoming Features
                              I have received many helpful suggestions and requests from the community and early testers (thank you!). I am currently working down the list, and so these should also be in the 'final' :
                              * Unlimited responses/branches
                              * Chat bubble sample
                              * Dialogue voice audio
                              * Post execution actions (triggering a re-usable function at the end of a dialogue branch)
                              * Cross topic branching (my own request :P)
                              * Per branch conditions (per topic already supported)
                              Last edited by Grogger; 05-25-2015, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Wonder if it's possible to plug animations into the coordinating text

Like, facial animations and ideal poses, or whatever...something along those lines

Comment

Working...
                                X