Adaptive Wind-Over-Ear Audio Blueprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Does anyone know what happened to this amazing module? It's no longer available on marketplace and doesn't look to have been updated for a good while. https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...binaural-wind#

Would love to use it in a project of mine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Adaptive Wind-Over-Ear Audio Blueprint is slated for next release!

The release title will be:

Adaptive Binaural Wind

Thank you all for the votes!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's definitely interesting, though I feel that in order to be practically usable, it's going to need to be able to support multiple speaker setups.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is really nice, I would like to see more audio stuff like this Audio is so important, and such a wind noise which feels (with good headphones) as if it would really whisper around your ears is awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm glad you think so, Chance! It's definitely nice to see some input from Epic staff. I'm excited to release this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well this is certainly interesting!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Zak!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nicely done!

Best-
    Zak

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    I already have 3 projects on my backlog that will benefit from this and neither of them is VR ... but the games will benefit from the immersion. 8-}
    Glad to hear!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Obsidiaguy View Post
    At some point I think audio is going to catch up. I'm just hoping to give it a little jump start.
    I already have 3 projects on my backlog that will benefit from this and neither of them is VR ... but the games will benefit from the immersion. 8-}

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I totally agree, Pheesh. It's unfortunate that there seems to be so much focus on visuals for VR, that people don't seem to understand yet how important the other senses are for immersion. The things you experience everyday, but don't necessarily notice, like wind rushing over your ears, are what's really going to enhance the immersion of VR.

At some point I think audio is going to catch up. I'm just hoping to give it a little jump start.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Indeed it does have a player velocity based wind option, as shown in the hang gliding video in the first post. There is a bool to select for the blueprint instance that changes its wind source from environment based to player based. There is also a multiplier slider to change the intensity of the wind as the player's forward velocity changes.

If you want both options in one level, I would just put two (or more) of these blueprints in the level, where one has the player based wind selected. Set yourself a good multiplier for the wind intensity based on player speed, and you're good to go!
    Awesome, I think this is really underrated and underutilized in games (particularly FPS games)! Ever since I watched gameplay from the game "skate" back in the day I've felt that the simple air rushing sound was missing from a lot of FPS games. They paid such great detail to sounds in that game! Especially with VR coming along I think the emphasis on creating presence/ immersive sound will be that much more important.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    I think that price is more than fair ... just remember that you need to be happy with the price. I for one will definitely buy it at this price. 8-}
    I appreciate the feedback!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys.

I'm leaning towards a $14.99 price point for it, should it pass trello voting. It's a tough thing to get implemented correctly, and the extra features and ease of integration add value, but at the same time it needs to be priced at a point that isn't a huge gamble for the customer.

I'd love to know thoughts.
    I think that price is more than fair ... just remember that you need to be happy with the price. I for one will definitely buy it at this price. 8-}

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pheesh View Post
    Just a quick question- does your effect also factor in the players speed when passing through the medium? I made the air rushing effect for my own project but mine is very simple and purely based on speed of the player. Yours seems to be more environmental wind oriented- very cool!

If your solution has the wind effect AND also has an effect based on the speed of the player I think that would be a more complete solution. Because even if you're travelling fast through a 'wind blocked' area you should still have air rushing past your ears if you're going at a high enough speed.
    Indeed it does have a player velocity based wind option, as shown in the hang gliding video in the first post. There is a bool to select for the blueprint instance that changes its wind source from environment based to player based. There is also a multiplier slider to change the intensity of the wind as the player's forward velocity changes.

If you want both options in one level, I would just put two (or more) of these blueprints in the level, where one has the player based wind selected. Set yourself a good multiplier for the wind intensity based on player speed, and you're good to go!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X