Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generic Shooter Sample Project

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [RELEASED] Generic Shooter Sample Project

    So I made this thing, based on your feedback, decided to submit it to Epic for the Marketplace so you can buy it. Intended price is $19.99

    You can watch extended development of and with this asset at http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar

    Development Trello: https://trello.com/b/8NWlz8tf/generi...eprint-project

    Downloadable Demo: http://www.michaelallar.com/GenericShooterDemo.zip

    HIGHLY UNSTABLE HTML5 Demo (Takes awhile to load in Chrome, Firefox is currently only showing a black screen, click OK on any pop up dialogs): http://michaelallar.com/pow/html5/GenericShooter.html

    Edit: Now submitted
    Edit: Updated demo to v0.2. Update is really a bunch of stuff behind the scenes. Some refactoring, making blueprints cleaner, more capable menu system, and small tidbits no one will notice.
    Edit: Added hat support, v0.3
    Edit: Added functional server list and v0.6 demo. Submission now under the first review stage by Epic
    Edit: Added weapon holstering and switching in v0.65
    Edit: Added support for weapon dropping and picking up in v0.7
    Edit: Added more robust deathmatch support, grenade launchers, and other general improvements in v0.8
    Edit: Added some bug fixes, and a new level, and projectile kill scoring in v0.86
    Edit: Packaged release v1.00

    Also, sorry in advance for my late night sales pitch voice. And by that, I mean, I sound like I am having a stroke. Maybe I am. Iunno.



    Some pictures because thats a thing:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	promo1.png
Views:	1
Size:	507.3 KB
ID:	1148912

    Click image for larger version

Name:	HatsReplicate.png
Views:	2
Size:	769.8 KB
ID:	1149112
    Click image for larger version

Name:	b5e2dbfe979167f7c50b24e65badfbee.png
Views:	2
Size:	599.7 KB
ID:	1149276
    Click image for larger version

Name:	promo2.png
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1148913
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Promo3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	524.8 KB
ID:	1148915
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WeaponHolsterSwitchPromo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1149812

    Click image for larger version

Name:	b9d09cde00626482cb415a6d62478a81.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	703.5 KB
ID:	1150552

    Features:
    It's a first person and a third person shooter, with things like a frontend menu, persistent settings, hats, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch, pistols, rifles, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, shotguns. Yeah.

    The point of this asset is the underlying framework, not the art. All the art should be replaced by you, because it looks silly and stupid.

    Known Issues:
    • Sometimes you have to click anywhere in the game viewport at least once for keyboard/gamepad support to work


    Development Trello: https://trello.com/b/8NWlz8tf/generi...eprint-project

    Downloadable Demo: http://www.michaelallar.com/GenericShooterDemo.zip

    Thanks to all you guys who voted for this!
    First 125 votes:
    mattp27, adamfacey1, alanconrad1, ormanator, amievil, amitofer1, antimnguyen, andrewleslie, ltwolf, andysechrist, anthonyrivera8, antoniosanchez18, arttur, zomboko, benhale4, benediktengelhard, benjaminstanley2, brunobrito6, cedricneukirchen, charlestonsilverman1, chrisioakeimogloy, christm1, clintonwakefield, madd0k, danelletf, davidherrick, devspark2, dewburninteractive, zeorb, mrdoxies, eduardgelbling, enerion, gbr5, gi_ace, gameperspectives, gavinmills2, giuseppelandolina, hkdeus, hadarsilverman, henrikgoldsack, holdenanderson, holly264, imrooniel, irzipher, jakebaet, thejamsh, jankaluza, jarlanperez, jasonlashley, jealchoi, jeanhan, jeffersonprince, jeremyanderson18, jinghan2, joshtrevisiol, joseismaelcahuanaturpo, julianbrasolin, justin_dooley, keatonvanauken, kenpokiller, kitatusstudios, kylehawkins, luos1, martinbean2, mattstafford, matthewbarcas1, matthewwindley, neomau, melissa750, michaelallar, michaelaudije, malmi, nitecon, oeginc, oscarsullivan, patriciacurtis, paultarr3, pedroamorim2, pennypan1, petebottomley, predragpesic, rasmuspedersen6, robsciender, rommesiqa, rukshana1, shoiko, steffenunger, stephaniemarroquin1, stevenbrown24, stormrage256, stuartgraham1, talus4, teammechanic, terrancemaxwell, tiagoling, mktwo, tomlooman, tomofnz, toxingaming, tughanyalgin, vencinachev, w3studios, waqasiqbal, yannicklange, yohanriou, adamflores2, ayretek, bzysberg, charles200000, davidryckenbusch, dcyoung, djgrave, dwunkypengy, erwilly, evilmrfrank, kodi5, lifeindanger, logansunn, luny2, pichmichael, revolutionart, rforestbaker, shtif, stephenzorn, the_1990
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Allar; 06-08-2015, 10:50 AM. Reason: Now submitted

  • #2
    Yes I would like this

    Comment


    • #3
      10/10 would watch the youtube video again, this time with my generic pants on! Honestly I think blue guy is the true American Hero here.
      Follow my company Fat Bomb Studios on II Twitter Facebook Twitch II

      Comment


      • #4
        Freaking awesome loving that menu setup.
        Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

        Comment


        • #5
          lol Allar , ur a nut, it's why everyone likes you!

          great stuff dude, great stuff

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes! This is awesome. I want it.
            Easy weapons in Unreal Engine 4:
            Check out Realistic Blueprint Weapons

            Currently doing a tutorial series on Vectors and what they are good for.
            Please visit Unreal Unscripted

            Comment


            • #7
              So just some thoughts -

              Weapons -

              - An example weapon that is area of effect (Grenade launcher, Rocket Propelled Grenade, etc) that we can modify just a few values to turn an RPG into a grenade launcher and vice versa.
              -- Maybe add an delay to the explosive for the grenade launcher so that it does not detonate with in a certain range?
              - Melee Weapons such as a Knife or Machete, etc. for those super sweet stealth kills.
              - Support for throwable weapons such as Grenades, Molotov's, Rocks, etc.

              Props -

              - Explosive objects - for example Cars, Barrels, etc.
              - Climbable Ladders

              Other -
              - It would be nice to have a stealth system with AI that will actively seek out the player for a certain amount of time. More than likely outside the scope of this project though.

              That said - I like what see - Keep up the work.

              Comment


              • #8
                Great stuff!! I would be really interested
                English is not my natural language... sorry 'bout that!

                Comment


                • #9
                  nope nope n-n-n-no-nope n-no-nope! best feature ever @2:21 would buy for that reason alone.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                    Yes I would like this
                    Originally posted by DwunkyPengy View Post
                    10/10 would watch the youtube video again, this time with my generic pants on! Honestly I think blue guy is the true American Hero here.
                    Originally posted by Amievil View Post
                    Freaking awesome loving that menu setup.
                    Originally posted by ayretek View Post
                    lol Allar , ur a nut, it's why everyone likes you!

                    great stuff dude, great stuff
                    Originally posted by Rasped View Post
                    Yes! This is awesome. I want it.
                    Originally posted by Martin Bean View Post
                    Great stuff!! I would be really interested


                    Originally posted by X.E.R.T. View Post
                    nope nope n-n-n-no-nope n-no-nope! best feature ever @2:21 would buy for that reason alone.
                    Save your money! Here you go! https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k848kgtzi...0Pack.zip?dl=0

                    Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                    So just some thoughts -

                    Weapons -

                    - An example weapon that is area of effect (Grenade launcher, Rocket Propelled Grenade, etc) that we can modify just a few values to turn an RPG into a grenade launcher and vice versa.
                    -- Maybe add an delay to the explosive for the grenade launcher so that it does not detonate with in a certain range?
                    - Melee Weapons such as a Knife or Machete, etc. for those super sweet stealth kills.
                    - Support for throwable weapons such as Grenades, Molotov's, Rocks, etc.

                    Props -

                    - Explosive objects - for example Cars, Barrels, etc.
                    - Climbable Ladders

                    Other -
                    - It would be nice to have a stealth system with AI that will actively seek out the player for a certain amount of time. More than likely outside the scope of this project though.

                    That said - I like what see - Keep up the work.
                    Basic projectile weapons are already planned (and animated). Added delayed projectiles, throwables, explosive objects to my Will Consider board. Planned for melee weapons but forgot to add to trello, is added to Will Do. Could use some royalty free anims here though. Climbable ladders and stealth mechanics are out of this projects scope, and there is already a ladder climbing system on the marketplace. I haven't tried integrating it, and I don't own it, but I'm sure its doable though.

                    Development Trello for this project is linked to in the main post.
                    Last edited by Allar; 04-29-2015, 03:38 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Allar View Post
                      Basic projectile weapons are already planned (and animated). Added delayed projectiles, throwables, explosive objects to my Will Consider board. Planned for melee weapons but forgot to add to trello, is added to Will Do. Could use some royalty free anims here though. Climbable ladders and stealth mechanics are out of this projects scope, and there is already a ladder climbing system on the marketplace. I haven't tried integrating it, and I don't own it, but I'm sure its doable though.

                      Development Trello for this project is linked to in the main post.
                      Hey thanks for the prompt reply and Answers.

                      Just subbed to your Trello board. I might be able to help out with some really crappy animations.

                      I am no animator but I am willing to give it a shot.

                      - HeadClot

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I hope the voice over in the video will be used for some cry-outs, its awesome! :P
                        English is not my natural language... sorry 'bout that!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Allar View Post
                          The blueprint graphs are actually really clean, like, *really* clean
                          Could you say, eat off of them?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Martin Bean View Post
                            I hope the voice over in the video will be used for some cry-outs, its awesome! :P
                            I'll put some cry-outs in the project just for you.

                            Originally posted by Oul View Post
                            Could you say, eat off of them?
                            For an additional fee (printer costs + shipping), I can print you out some blueprints and have them laminated so you can use them as plates.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Winner! And by that I mean the late night sales pitch voice haha If that's what having a stroke sounds like, I may try to force my blood pressure to rise some next time I do recordings

                              Definitely a cool template project!
                              David Hache aka Mortusnyte - Youtube
                              Content Creator
                              -Match-3 Blueprint
                              -Simple Checkpoint System
                              -2D Character Engine - WIP

                              "Give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!" -Magus, 600 A.D.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X