No announcement yet.

Check Point System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah you always know the best time savers Mortus. I'll definitely give this a purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by TakeTimeGames View Post
      Remainder , and also my character if my character across checkpoint didn't work , I mean checkpoint actor not work.
      The green circle didn't disappear

I follow your tutorial Simple Check Point System - Activating the Checkpoint
      But didn't work also
      And if i open your map level 1 , it's work , where is problem ?
      I will look into this today/tonight aka now. I will reply to your pm also

Alaan: Ah you always know the best time savers Mortus. I'll definitely give this a purchase.
      Thanks! How goes the match-making?
      David Hache aka Mortusnyte - Youtube
      Content Creator
      -Match-3 Blueprint
      -Simple Checkpoint System
      -2D Character Engine - WIP

"Give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!" -Magus, 600 A.D.

Comment

As per requested, a Tutorial on how to load the from a UMG Menu. In this tutorial I show how to load your game from a "Continue" button and also how to reset from a "New Game" Button. Sorry for the slight diversions :P

NOTE: The construction script part of the tutorial isn't in the version you guys have yet. But it should still work as intended if you add it to the bottom part (Subsequent actors part)
        Last edited by Mortusnyte; 06-03-2015, 08:45 PM.
        Content Creator
        -Match-3 Blueprint

Comment

Originally posted by Mortusnyte View Post
          As per requested, a Tutorial on how to load the from a UMG Menu. In this tutorial I show how to load your game from a "Continue" button and also how to reset from a "New Game" Button. Sorry for the slight diversions :P

NOTE: The construction script part of the tutorial isn't in the version you guys have yet. But it should still work as intended if you add it to the bottom part (Subsequent actors part)
          Thanks for Tutorial.

Everything go smoothly , there is one thing, i thought your checkpoint system will save everything like ( pickup items ) i mean if i picked any item
          ( keys - documents -etc ) and across checkpoint after that restart checkpoint , It will not save what i picked before .

I know you will say ( cause your items not linked to save reference ) Maybe correct me if i'm wrong , i think it's easy to do this , but while thinking i afraid if i broke checkpoint System.

Regards
          Games developer ( Mystery : Curiosity and seek the truth )
          Planing to Remake Mystery with new story and make it better and better

Comment

Multiplaye Support

Good news everyone, the Multiplayer support update for the Simple Checkpoint System is now live. Check out this short video on how to set it up.
            https://youtu.be/zgri2GteOiY

I've also added part 2 to the Passing New Variables video on the #1 post under tutorials. In this video we load the variable that we had saved upon game start.

Enjoy!

EDIT: 4.8 supported
            Last edited by Mortusnyte; 06-21-2015, 02:15 PM.
            Content Creator
            -Match-3 Blueprint

Comment

I bought your product on the store and I'm having a problem with the checkpoints ,i fillowed every single video of yours ,except the UMG menu and I couldn't respawn, no matter what i did ,could you help me?

Comment

I could but I'll need more information. Or if you are willing, you can send me your project and I can look over it.
                Content Creator
                -Match-3 Blueprint

Comment

This is amazing. Worked great. Thank you for this. $5 well spent.

Comment

I have noticed that if you do not use the Checkpoint_Controller in project settings then some things won't work like Press V to respawn (which was actually the only reason I bought this package) However I am using the controller from generic shooter which is fairly comprehensive and my game doesn't work without using it. My question is how can I copy over the functionality that is referenced in Checkpoint_Controller to the GS Controller?

Comment

Wow, very cool. I bought another savesystem, but i was unhappy with the result(to complicated), will try yours too.
                      One question, possible to save dynamically spawned BP_objects?
                      4.10 compatible?
                      Last edited by Luftbauch; 11-25-2015, 05:35 AM.
                      My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
                      UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

Hello Morts, sorry for my inappropriate writing, I'm using a smartphone

I need to know if you are alive in this forum.

I'm posting here because you does not are returning any my skype answers, nothing, by several months.

I'm being very professional The proposal offered by mi is not sufficient for you. Anything Wong?

You are not able to perform the modification that I proposed in your checkpoint system in my game: ie. The level gateway (map transition). A transition system using your checkpoint system?

let me know if my proposal does not pleased you?

Cordially I wait your answer
                        Thanks

-luny
                        lunybunny.com
                        lunybunny.com

Comment

Nice package for fair price. I wonder what I have to change that it works in my ball game. Now it doesn't work. That 2d template is working. Maybe some adjustment and references have to change/rename that checkpoint in my physicsball works

Comment

Working...
                          X