No announcement yet.

Quality Game Settings Menu, a good looking UI ready for use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal fixed a problem where mac users was unable to download my menu, but was stuck on syncing.

This might show up as an update in your launcher, both windows and mac, but no changes have been made.
    I will announce a release date for next version when I am closer to finished.

Officially, my menu don't support mac. I don't have a machine to test it on.

I like to thank one of my buyers for testing it out on OSX.
    Most features seems to be fine, except for fullscreen mode. Fullscreen borderless works fine, but normal fullscreen has issues with a black bar taking up space and mouse clicks gets offset.

A workaround is to simply disable fullscreen and only keep windowed and fullscreen borderless.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fxRBR9R.png
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1080577
    Se added step 8.10 in manual.
    Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

Comment

Any update on the gamepad support? I'm releasing this month and left this to one of the last things on my to-do list. I can do it myself but I rather it be done in the way the creator intended (So I don't accidently break something!)
      KITATUS
      "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
        Any update on the gamepad support? I'm releasing this month and left this to one of the last things on my to-do list. I can do it myself but I rather it be done in the way the creator intended (So I don't accidently break something!)
        Sorry, real life has been good to me, so next update is planned to be late july/early august. I have been doing some on/off work on the new theme.

I am not currently working on gamepad support on the original theme. I see that 4.8 added the first steps for UMG gamepad support, but its not enough yet.

Gamepad support is coming for the new theme. It's a 3d menu so it's an actor and not a UMG. I have learned enough so that I can make it work when the game is paused. (This was the biggest hurdle I had to solve with some trial and error.)

I'll see if I can get into a small crunch mode this week and then I can come back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scraphead View Post
          Sorry, real life has been good to me, so next update is planned to be late july/early august. I have been doing some on/off work on the new theme.

I am not currently working on gamepad support on the original theme. I see that 4.8 added the first steps for UMG gamepad support, but its not enough yet.

Gamepad support is coming for the new theme. It's a 3d menu so it's an actor and not a UMG. I have learned enough so that I can make it work when the game is paused. (This was the biggest hurdle I had to solve with some trial and error.)

I'll see if I can get into a small crunch mode this week and then I can come back to you.
          Ah don't worry about it man; What I can do is getting input working on your original UMG and then shoot the update your way if you want It's pretty simple - The only downside is that you'd have to use the Level Blueprint for input but it'd work fine!
          KITATUS

Comment

Wicked look and cool features! Any chance this could ever embed Rama's plugin or create a new way included to map keys to controls? if so, 10 out of 10 dentists would recommend.
            Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
            | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

Originally posted by thankstipscom View Post
              Wicked look and cool features! Any chance this could ever embed Rama's plugin or create a new way included to map keys to controls? if so, 10 out of 10 dentists would recommend.
              Thank you. Rama does not give permission to sell his content, so I will create my own keymapping plugin in the future. So it's only 9 out 10 dentist recommendations for now.

Comment

Thank you. Rama does not give permission to sell his content, so I will create my own keymapping plugin in the future. So it's only 9 out 10 dentist recommendations for now.
                theres always that one sob... 9 out of 10 dentists agree that the tenth dentist should lighten up.

I'll keep an eye on this for that feature if you ever get around to it!
                Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
                | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

Originally posted by thankstipscom View Post
                  Oooh that tickled my funny bone.

It'd be quite simple to do this yourself using the tab that's been left open to custom edit
                  KITATUS

Comment

Oooh that tickled my funny bone.

It'd be quite simple to do this yourself using the tab that's been left open to custom edit
                    Yup, it looks like Macwolf did that and made an input tab out of it.

Comment

Yaaaayyy!

Was really simple to mould into my needs; Full controller support - Literally took about an hour to get everything just the way I like it - Very easily laid out, Easy to understand blueprints and super-super easy to customize.

Thanks Scraphead!

Oh and my menu is translated into 9 different languages too! And that took seconds thanks to this asset (Super simple to set up!) so thanks again :>
                      KITATUS

Comment

Yaaaayyy!

Was really simple to mould into my needs; Full controller support - Literally took about an hour to get everything just the way I like it - Very easily laid out, Easy to understand blueprints and super-super easy to customize.

Thanks Scraphead!

Oh and my menu is translated into 9 different languages too! And that took seconds thanks to this asset (Super simple to set up!) so thanks again :>
                        Wow, congratulations and thank you. It is so modified it does not even resemble my menu any more XD.

I am curious of how you set the position of your hand cursor. Have you manually made a list of coordiates or did you find a way to get the screen position of UMG components in blueprints? It seems to work really well.

Comment

Wow, congratulations and thank you. It is so modified it does not even resemble my menu any more XD.

I am curious of how you set the position of your hand cursor. Have you manually made a list of coordiates or did you find a way to get the screen position of UMG components in blueprints? It seems to work really well.
                          I think the real meat and butter of the deal with this is all the work you did behind the scenes with the Game Settings stuff - That's stuff I would have never considered but when I went digging in code, It blew my freakin' mind.

The hand-cursor is done super-simply; And it's with manually placing the hands. Then I have a few animations (They take like 5 seconds each to make) - One where they're all invisible and then each animation is one being visible.

Then, Then the user fires a movement event, We find where they're supposed to be looking at and then just turn that animation on; Super simple but effective 8]
                          KITATUS

Comment

Since you're planning on implementing controller support for the menu with the update, it would be useful (for me) if you also looked at implementing VR support. Basically, it would involve casting the menu to a 3d Widget rather than the player's screen, and also the "VR Settings" for various HMD's.

A good look, at least for the Oculus, is the video settings from the VR template by Mitch, as can be seen here: https://github.com/mitchemmc/UE4FirstPersonVRTemplate
                            WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                            World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                            WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

I think the real meat and butter of the deal with this is all the work you did behind the scenes with the Game Settings stuff - That's stuff I would have never considered but when I went digging in code, It blew my freakin' mind.

The hand-cursor is done super-simply; And it's with manually placing the hands. Then I have a few animations (They take like 5 seconds each to make) - One where they're all invisible and then each animation is one being visible.

Then, Then the user fires a movement event, We find where they're supposed to be looking at and then just turn that animation on; Super simple but effective 8]
                              Thanks for telling me, that method would work well when the menu is finalized. I wish I could find something that is flexible with different UMG setups.

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                              Since you're planning on implementing controller support for the menu with the update, it would be useful (for me) if you also looked at implementing VR support. Basically, it would involve casting the menu to a 3d Widget rather than the player's screen, and also the "VR Settings" for various HMD's.

A good look, at least for the Oculus, is the video settings from the VR template by Mitch, as can be seen here: https://github.com/mitchemmc/UE4FirstPersonVRTemplate
                              I got to visit my pal to get hands on testing for VR, but the alternative menu I am creating right now will be a 3D menu in the real world. That is the same technique as the VR template, so it should work.

When I tried the UMG menu in VR as a 3d widget, I could not interact with it properly. Unreal 4.8 did improve 3d widget support a bit, but not enough.

===

Status update on next release: Good stuff happening in real life for me, but it will delay the menu a bit more. I am even tempted to wait until Unreal 4.9 since it might support runtime object creation without creating an actor to store data.

Comment

I too would love to see VR compatibility for your wonderful menu.

Comment

Working...
                                X