No announcement yet.

Quality Game Settings Menu, a good looking UI ready for use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, can you explain the difference between full screen and fullscreen borderless. On a packaged or standalone game they look identical to me.

PS - my themed version of it is as follows.. (it was pretty easy to modify the look and feel)

Click image for larger version

Name:	theme.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	1079281
    Last edited by Macw0lf; 06-02-2015, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Macw0lf View Post
      Hi, can you explain the difference between full screen and fullscreen borderless. On a packaged or standalone game they look identical to me.

PS - my themed version of it is as follows.. (it was pretty easy to modify the look and feel)
      Sweet custom theme!

Fullscreen borderless is also called borderless windowed. Many players request this so you can quickly alt-tab in and out of game.

Fullscreen only does give more resources to the game. (Or I assume, computers are so powerful now a days it may not be much of a difference.)

If you test it out in a standalone game, you will notice a small flicker if you alt-tab in fullscreen. Depending on your system and your game, it can take seconds to alt-tab in and out. This does not happen in fullscreen borderless, alt-tab is quick and painless.

See: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossar...creen_windowed
      Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

Comment

When I noticed this in the Marketplace today, the very first thing I did was look for a Field of View slider then laughed at myself. Too much TotalBiscuit. I might have to just buy this just to reward the FoV slider.

Comment

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to set default settings when I launch my game, every video setting to "Epic", 1920x1080 fullscreen, and 90 FOV but I can't find how.

Also I have some errors when I hit PLAY

Error Accessed None 'Game Settings' from node ReturnNode in blueprint SettingsMenuVideoConfig
          Error Attempt to assign variable through None from node ReturnNode in blueprint SettingsMenuVideoConfig
          Error Accessed None 'Game Settings' from node ReturnNode in blueprint SettingsMenuVideoConfig
          Error Attempt to assign variable through None from node ReturnNode in blueprint SettingsMenuVideoConfig
          Info Play in editor start time for /Game/Levels/UEDPIE_0_RueDeChartres 0.248
          Thanks in advance for your help

Comment

I actually found how to setup these options in the GameSettings Blueprint.

I don't have the errors anymore since I migrate again from the example project.

However, even though I set the FOV to 90, when I package the game, it's always around 60 (I can still set it with the slider from the options menu).

Any idea why?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SXD View Post
              I actually found how to setup these options in the GameSettings Blueprint.

I don't have the errors anymore since I migrate again from the example project.

However, even though I set the FOV to 90, when I package the game, it's always around 60 (I can still set it with the slider from the options menu).

Any idea why?

Thanks
              I looked into that, and I think I managed to replicate the error. In a shippingbuild the savefiles gets stored in your appdata.
              Windows: C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\MyGameName\Saved\SaveGames\SettingsSaveFile.sav.

This overrides your changed settings even when you rebuild. Delete the save file and reopen the build.

I am going to add it to the documentation. Thanks for telling me.

Originally posted by Alaan View Post
              When I noticed this in the Marketplace today, the very first thing I did was look for a Field of View slider then laughed at myself. Too much TotalBiscuit. I might have to just buy this just to reward the FoV slider.
              I hope to one day upgrade my settings menu to a state where it will tickle TB funnyballs.
              Last edited by Scraphead; 06-03-2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Hey, Is there a way to get the audio volume stuff to run in real-time? I tried doing the documentation (Add Volume Control) to my BP; But if a user changes the volume, It doesn't update. I tried putting the add volume control to a tick but it didn't work; Should I put an event in my Settings UMG to put out a call to adjust volume or is there a simpler way?

Edit: Guess it was a bug, It fixed itself when 4.8 updated!
                Last edited by KITATUS; 06-10-2015, 05:15 PM.
                KITATUS
                "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                  Hey, Is there a way to get the audio volume stuff to run in real-time? I tried doing the documentation (Add Volume Control) to my BP; But if a user changes the volume, It doesn't update. I tried putting the add volume control to a tick but it didn't work; Should I put an event in my Settings UMG to put out a call to adjust volume or is there a simpler way?

Edit: Guess it was a bug, It fixed itself when 4.8 updated!
                  Good, I don't know what happened, but it sounds like it worked out.

The volume change are designed to be real time when scrubbing sliders. (As seen in the project example room)

I am going to look into 4.8 tomorrow and see what can be improved, and if anything broke. Tell me if something comes up.

PS: I first thought your sounds did not play when game is paused. For sounds that needs to be played while game is paused (Using "Set Game Paused" node), please select your emittor and enable "Is UISound". I am adding it to the documentation.

Name:	9FUUY26.png
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1079666

Comment

Hey does anyone used the system in 4.8? When I launched the project on 4.8, settings made a compile error and didn't work. Also there were some reddishness on shadows. I jumped back to 4.7 because of this. Any ideas?
                    voidrunnerthegame.com

facebook.com/voidrunnergame

Comment

Originally posted by Scraphead View Post
                      I am going to look into 4.8 tomorrow and see what can be improved, and if anything broke. Tell me if something comes up.
                      @Wanderer_eternal - You have to have some patience dude ... the developer said he would be checking 4.8 tomorrow.
                      Quinton Delpeche
                      Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                        @Wanderer_eternal - You have to have some patience dude ... the developer said he would be checking 4.8 tomorrow.
                        Ah ok I didn't see scraphead's comment above
                        voidrunnerthegame.com

Comment

Eh, Works fine for me in 4.8; Has done even since the previews.
                          KITATUS
                          "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer_eternal View Post
                            Hey does anyone used the system in 4.8? When I launched the project on 4.8, settings made a compile error and didn't work. Also there were some reddishness on shadows. I jumped back to 4.7 because of this. Any ideas?
                            Hi, can you specify the compile error and what it says. Is it one of my blueprint classes that wont compile?

I have now testet most functionalty, and it seems to run fine at my end in 4.8. Both in a new project and an converted project 4.7 to 4.8.

I suggest trying to delete the save file.
                            The .sav file that is created don't like changes and can cause different problems.

You can find the save file in your project folder
                            \MyGameName\Saved\SaveGames\SettingsSaveFile.sav

If your game is build as shipping, the save file is in your AppData folder. Delete it.
                            C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\MyGameName\Saved\SaveGames\SettingsSaveFile.sav.

If this did not work, please take a backup of your project and then delete all folders in your project folder except config, content, and the .uproject file.

It should look like this:

Name:	B3dQInI.png
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	1079693
                            Reopen the project.

=====

I don't know about the red tint on your shadows.
                            On the visual side, I am only calling the built in functions of unreal 4. It is no different from selecting it manually from the editor settings menu.

Name:	XnQlI2S.png
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1079694

If you want to test it out, you can disable my menu from applying settings. Open "Game Settings" blueprint and disconnect "Apply Game Settings" node.

Name:	XlLZNpm.png
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1079695

4.8 included many small changes in light and shadows. It might have affected your scene. See their release notes.

Please tell me if the red shadow tint problem disappear if you disable/remove my menu. I will look more into it then.
                            Last edited by Scraphead; 06-11-2015, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Ok I found what's causing it. It's incredibly silly and nonsense but here it is. Somehow in the Update Screen Modes options in SettingsVideoConfig, the last section (VR) causing the engine not to recognize the system. I deleted it and it works like the old thing. The reddishness on actors is nothing to do with the menu. The new features of 4.8 messed up my old color correction LUTs. Now I have to color correct all my levels again but the new color options are great. Thanks for the quick reply!

edit*: here's old and new one that caused me trouble.

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1079735
                              voidrunnerthegame.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer_eternal View Post
                                Ok I found what's causing it. It's incredibly silly and nonsense but here it is. Somehow in the Update Screen Modes options in SettingsVideoConfig, the last section (VR) causing the engine not to recognize the system. I deleted it and it works like the old thing. The reddishness on actors is nothing to do with the menu. The new features of 4.8 messed up my old color correction LUTs. Now I have to color correct all my levels again but the new color options are great. Thanks for the quick reply!
                                Hmm, VR is disabled by default as seen in section 8.5 in my documentation. I don't support it. I only added it in since some beta testers was interested in VR, but it does not work properly with UMG 4.7.

I will see if behaves better in 4.8 in my next release, but if not, I might remove it entirely so it wont cause problems like this.

Thanks for telling me what the issue was.

Comment

Working...
                                X