Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality Game Settings Menu, a good looking UI ready for use

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    Oooo ... are there still Betas out there ... keen to try this puppy in Kaboom Arena. I am buying it anyway ... but wouldn't mind getting ahead of the curve. 8-}
    Good news, it has been moved to next release on unreal Trello!

    I might need beta testers for v2 later. Mind if I send you a copy then?
    Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Scraphead View Post
      Good news, it has been moved to next release on unreal Trello!

      I might need beta testers for v2 later. Mind if I send you a copy then?
      Good news indeed.

      Sure ... I will gladly test v2 for you. 8-}
      Quinton Delpeche
      Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

      Comment


        #33
        Right now the menu looks awesome and works incredibly well. Scraphead does it support navigation with a gamepad? I have to prepare the game for a console event and can they navigate with a controller??

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	1079015
        voidrunnerthegame.com

        facebook.com/voidrunnergame

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Wanderer_eternal View Post
          Right now the menu looks awesome and works incredibly well. Scraphead does it support navigation with a gamepad? I have to prepare the game for a console event and can they navigate with a controller??
          Ha, I did not think of using semi transparency in UMG. Sweet.

          My menu does not support gamepad. It is possible to control an UMG with gamepad, but that involves trickery with BG color and a state machine. My menu is quite large, and I don't want to force a non flexible solution.

          I have some ideas that I might come back to so it will support a gamepad. I will only add it if the blueprints have a good enough structure. I don't want to sell it if it's messy.

          Right now I am recreating the menu in a different theme. It will have controller support. I am going to support both themes (and more in the future). I'll make sure to list up pros and cons between them.
          Last edited by Scraphead; 05-28-2015, 09:21 AM.
          Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

          Comment


            #35
            Dammit ... take my money ... please ... Kaboom Arena needs this setting ... my current one is horrible. 8-{
            Quinton Delpeche
            Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Scraphead View Post
              Ha, I did not think of using semi transparency in UMG. Sweet.

              My menu does not support gamepad. It is possible to control an UMG with gamepad, but that involves trickery with BG color and a state machine. My menu is quite large, and I don't want to force a non flexible solution.

              I have some ideas that I might come back to so it will support a gamepad. I will only add it if the blueprints have a good enough structure. I don't want to sell it if it's messy.

              Right now I am recreating the menu in a different theme. It will have controller support. I am going to support both themes (and more in the future). I'll make sure to list up pros and cons between them.
              Ok thanks. Good to know that you're trying to improve what is already a great piece!
              voidrunnerthegame.com

              facebook.com/voidrunnergame

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                Dammit ... take my money ... please ... Kaboom Arena needs this setting ... my current one is horrible. 8-{
                It's funny I know but I haven't known that Kaboom Arena was UE4 haha sweet.
                voidrunnerthegame.com

                facebook.com/voidrunnergame

                Comment


                  #38
                  Menu is now up on store! https://www.unrealengine.com/content...0a47fac3e61335

                  A basic video tutorial has been uploaded for those who want a visual guide
                  Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Ah, that's much better than mine.

                    I am however having a little trouble with the FOV slider. I've hooked it up as in the documentation but I get nothing, same with the mouse settings.
                    I am adding the widget to the viewport from another menu rather than making it visible or hidden (meaning it's not open all the time). Could that be the culprit?

                    Comment


                      #40
                      This would be super cool to have around; But I don't want to spend time having to manually add gamepad support (Defeats the object of saving time having to constantly create a menu if I have to do some heavy lifting) but this is really handy and awesome to have around; So I'll drop a few dollars, Even just to give you my "Thanks for being awesome!" and in hopes of gamepad support soon!

                      Edit: Got it! Keep up the awesome work!
                      Last edited by KITATUS; 05-28-2015, 09:40 PM.
                      KITATUS
                      "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Emrico1 View Post
                        Ah, that's much better than mine.

                        I am however having a little trouble with the FOV slider. I've hooked it up as in the documentation but I get nothing, same with the mouse settings.
                        I am adding the widget to the viewport from another menu rather than making it visible or hidden (meaning it's not open all the time). Could that be the culprit?
                        Menu set visibility should not be the problem.

                        If the game is paused, you will not get live feedback when changing field of view. Have you tried changing FOV and clicking OK?

                        If the menu is closed by calling "Close Menu" node and not by pressing OK, the settings you have changed are reverted and canceled.

                        If this is not the issue, could you try to implement the menu in a new "first person blueprint" project following the manual and compare it to your system?

                        Can you tell me if the other setting features (Shadow/Anti Aliasing) work and are applied when clicking OK?

                        Please send me a PM with more details, a picture of your blueprint implementation would be nice. I'd like to know what could be the problem.


                        Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                        This would be super cool to have around; But I don't want to spend time having to manually add gamepad support (Defeats the object of saving time having to constantly create a menu if I have to do some heavy lifting) but this is really handy and awesome to have around; So I'll drop a few dollars, Even just to give you my "Thanks for being awesome!" and in hopes of gamepad support soon!

                        Edit: Got it! Keep up the awesome work!
                        Thank you ^^

                        Gamepad support is in the next version. It will be an alternative theme released as a part of the same project.
                        This is a work in progress preview.
                        Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Thanks for the reply. Yeah, all of the graphics settings (including shadows) work perfectly with no effort at all.
                          I only just now got to implementing the settings and was quite surprised they didn't take.

                          I'll use a blank project and get back to you ASAP.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Bought. Yeehaw ... tonight it goes in. 8-}
                            Quinton Delpeche
                            Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by ferpenas
                              I bought it. And reading your instructions i had one problem. In 3.3 "Add game settings to player blueprint", I dont have a first person character, I have only "player start" because my level is for archviz only. What can I do? Convert selected actor to blueprint class will do the trick?
                              I assume archviz is a visual demo with a moving camera?

                              The "Get Game Settings" node is only needed if you want to read data from it, (etc mouse sensitivity).

                              If you only want the menu, you can create an empty actor blueprint and drag it into the scene. This is the minimum node setup to display the menu.
                              The main difference is the added "Enable Input" from the "Get Player Controller". This allows us to get the E-key event to open and close menu.
                              I assume by default every game gets a player controller assigned.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	UL5YcvA.png
Views:	1
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	1079080

                              In other words, you don't need a player class to enable menu. I have tested it, and it can be enabled from a player controller, game mode, game state or an actor in the scene. But it needs to have "Enable Input" for key presses.

                              Edit: Important: You still need to set the game instance to be "GameInstanceWithSettings" in project settings. See part 3.2 in manual.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	wKk7CQM.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1079082
                              Last edited by Scraphead; 05-29-2015, 02:02 PM.
                              Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by ferpenas
                                Excuse my poor English, when I wrote about archviz I mean that I started with a blank project and the player controller used is Player Start:

                                There is no blueprint associated to this.

                                Could I use the level blueprint instead?

                                I try in a First Person Level and it works good. But my project only use Player Start.
                                Yes you can use the level blueprint. Use the same node setup in my previous post as your level blueprint.

                                Again, make sure you have set the Game instance to be "GameInstanceWithSettings" as seen in step 3.2 in my manual.
                                Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X