Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality Game Settings Menu, a good looking UI ready for use

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Awesome work btw hooked it up and am trying it in my project. The only thing I can't make work is controlling the volume of the ambient music, but maybe that's me about to test some more.
    Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

    Comment


      #17
      Thank you all for your support^^

      Originally posted by Vata Raven View Post
      On a lot of PC games, you have stuff like the low, median, high and ultra setting, what effects this or reflects it?
      If you are looking for details on what the quality sliders do, you can check out Unreal documentation.

      https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Performance/Scalability/ScalabilityReference/index.html

      Originally posted by CyberDev View Post
      Would it be possible to tap into the LOD settings for example setting it on low would have the lowest lod's of everything (or certain things) show closer to the player, Or a slider with values could be even better
      I will see if I can find something for this, but no promises.

      Originally posted by Amievil View Post
      Awesome work btw hooked it up and am trying it in my project. The only thing I can't make work is controlling the volume of the ambient music, but maybe that's me about to test some more.
      Is it only the ambient? Or does it apply to music, effect and voice sound channels too? It would be odd of only one of them did not work.

      ===

      I had some feedback regarding multi monitor support. I have added the ability to move menu bar so it can be put out of the way from a bezel.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	U9UyuGG.gif
Views:	1
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	1075257
      Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

      Comment


        #18
        Followed the instructions which are very detailed, and it now works perfectly great job. I am having an issue with the mouse not clicking the buttons all the time.
        Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Amievil View Post
          Followed the instructions which are very detailed, and it now works perfectly great job. I am having an issue with the mouse not clicking the buttons all the time.
          Thank you.
          Can you provide more details how you are unable to click the buttons?
          What buttons does this happen to? All the buttons? Only inside the tabs?
          Can you hover the buttons and it changes colors a bit, but you can not click them?

          The buttons are UMG default buttons with a different texture. They should at least give visual feedback that you have clicked them. I can't think of anything in my project that would put the button into disabled mode.

          Edit: I found something. If you change tabs fast, (And I do mean fast with rapid clicking), it may not always change into your wanted tab. Was this your problem?
          Last edited by Scraphead; 04-30-2015, 12:58 AM.
          Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Scraphead View Post
            Thank you.
            Can you provide more details how you are unable to click the buttons?
            What buttons does this happen to? All the buttons? Only inside the tabs?
            Can you hover the buttons and it changes colors a bit, but you can not click them?

            The buttons are UMG default buttons with a different texture. They should at least give visual feedback that you have clicked them. I can't think of anything in my project that would put the button into disabled mode.

            Edit: I found something. If you change tabs fast, (And I do mean fast with rapid clicking), it may not always change into your wanted tab. Was this your problem?
            No sometimes I just can't click on the slider not the button, and I have to either manually click on the line to wake it up or type a value in the box. Tab buttons are always responsive. This only occurs when I don't allow the game to pause itself.
            Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

            Comment


              #21
              Hey I implemented the menu to my game. It works fantastic! Implementation was super easy. Your pdf was very clear about everything, it took me just a minute to put it to the project and an approx. 10 min to understand and change some values & design things. I haven't still tested the audio sliders because I haven't got into audio yet but when I do I'll notify again & put a video. (also I didn't forget, I'll send you a link to try the game when the demo completes)
              voidrunnerthegame.com

              facebook.com/voidrunnergame

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Wanderer_eternal View Post
                Hey I implemented the menu to my game. It works fantastic! Implementation was super easy. Your pdf was very clear about everything, it took me just a minute to put it to the project and an approx. 10 min to understand and change some values & design things. I haven't still tested the audio sliders because I haven't got into audio yet but when I do I'll notify again & put a video. (also I didn't forget, I'll send you a link to try the game when the demo completes)
                Thanks for your kind words. I used greenshot to quickly grab snapshots for a manual.

                Also,
                Quality menu is now up for vote on trello!
                https://trello.com/c/GunlrJ4l/365-qu...-settings-menu


                If people are interested in buying the menu, then votes will be appreciated. It is set to be 9.99$ on marketplace
                Last edited by Scraphead; 05-06-2015, 06:05 PM.
                Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by ferpenas
                  Is possible to implement the menu in other UMG canvas? My project will need to show all the logos and images in UMG with the functionality of your menu. If it will, I will buy for sure...
                  The menu are made up of 5 UMG classes. 4 of them (audio/video/mouse/game) are transparent and are contained inside the 5th container class with tabs to swap between them. You can replace this container to change the main look and feel of menu.

                  If you know the basics of UMG and blueprints, it should be easy to look at the container class and learn from it's implementation or modify it to your needs.
                  Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Take my money. 8-}

                    How much are you thinking by the way?
                    Quinton Delpeche
                    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                      Take my money. 8-}

                      How much are you thinking by the way?
                      I have submitted it at 9.99$
                      Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Quick clip of the working menu and how to implement it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0xfYW0cKNw

                        Thanks!

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Emrico1 View Post
                          Quick clip of the working menu and how to implement it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0xfYW0cKNw
                          Thank you for making this one, it is cool to see it in other projects.
                          I might make my own tutorial showing the steps, it especially needs to show how to add GameInstanceWithSettings to project settings. The menu wont work without it. I see that you have added it in your project, but it's not shown in your tutorial.
                          Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Rly nice work !

                            I featured ur work on my blog
                            I hope this comes to the marketplace

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by KingRabbit View Post
                              Rly nice work !

                              I featured ur work on my blog
                              I hope this comes to the marketplace
                              Thank you, it has been moved to "Coming soon" section on trello! Exciting.

                              In the meantime, I have been working on the next version of this addon.

                              In order to add keyboard support, I have to modify it so it's a real 3d entity in the world. It's now a fusion of actors and 3d widgets.

                              I am not planning to remove the interface I have now, but support them both. If one day UMG blueprints gets better support for keyboard input, I will update it. (Alternative, I might go for a c++ solution when marketplace support it)

                              This new theme is inspired by the interface in Thief.

                              This is a preview, not final. It support mouse and keyboard navigation at the same time.
                              I want more eye candy later. (etc animation)
                              Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Oooo ... are there still Betas out there ... keen to try this puppy in Kaboom Arena. I am buying it anyway ... but wouldn't mind getting ahead of the curve. 8-}
                                Quinton Delpeche
                                Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X