Quality Game Settings Menu, a good looking UI ready for use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ]Innuendo[ View Post
    Thank you for your quick answer with pictures and explanations.

Indeed, they were not connected. Now they are connected, I can put the key I want but I have another problem : I change the WASD to ZSQD, then I click on "Apply" but it reset to WASD (If I click instead "OK", the ZSQD works).
    About the delay, is there a way to decrease it ?
    Haha, dang you found a bug. You are right. It does reset on apply. Have to fix that one.
    For now you can fix it by checking off "Save on Apply" when you create the widget.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Uty5C7q.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1108216

To change the speed of remapping animation, Open up "Quality Menu" -> "HUD_UMG_Classic" -> "UtilWidgets" -> "ClassicSettingsMappingItem"
    Move the keypoints in animations PrimaryAwaitsInput and SecondaryAwaitsInputs to adjust speed.

Name:	ishNYFV.png
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1108217
    Last edited by Scraphead; 06-13-2016, 02:40 PM.
    Marketplace: Quality Game Settings

Comment

Yes, it works after checking it. Thanks for the link to the animation.

I try to link your menu by clicking the "option" button of my "PauseMenu". It doesn't work really well (because of the delay for example). I'd like to hide my PauseMenu before displaying the options and inversely :

Name:	BP.jpg
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1108262

After clicking the option button, your option menu works except the Keybinding as you said and the FOV (the FOV doesn't change in real time but when I go back to the level).
      If you have an idea of how to link this two widgets this would help.
      Last edited by ]Innuendo[; 06-14-2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

It doesn't work really well (because of the delay for example).
        That might happen since you cast to "FirstPersonCharacter" in one node sequence, and using its values in a different node sequence.
        The event construct sequence needs its own node "Cast To FirstPersonCharacter". Its not good design to grab settings menu from the OnClicked Sequence, since they are not related. Remove the delay node.

Name:	LpQiwSt.png
Size:	314.3 KB
ID:	1108270

I'd like to hide my PauseMenu before displaying the options and inversely :
        Try to reorder your nodes.

Name:	ORRLVKX.png
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1108273

(the FOV doesn't change in real time but when I go back to the level).
        Some features with live feedback don't work if the game is paused.

Edit:
        I will look into this in the future and make it easier to add settings menu to your own menu.
        Last edited by Scraphead; 06-14-2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks, it works now. I reordered, deleted some nodes and replaced the Event Construct with an Event Tick.

I tried to make the Keybinding work with my PauseMenu but it doesn't (I added to the PauseMenu an Action Manager component and the Set Keybinding Action Manager nodes but the "? Is valid" node returns "Is Not valid").

I will now export a project to test it.

Comment

Thanks, it works now. I reordered, deleted some nodes and replaced the Event Construct with an Event Tick.
            It should be fine to "bind event to menu closed" only once in event construct. If you have to solve your problem by binding event every frame, the issue is in another location. But if it works for you, I am going to let it slide.

I tried to make the Keybinding work with my PauseMenu but it doesn't (I added to the PauseMenu an Action Manager component and the Set Keybinding Action Manager nodes but the "? Is valid" node returns "Is Not valid").
            I don't think I have a node "Set Keybinding Action Manager". It will help me understand the problem if you post images of your blueprint nodes.

Very few things works only in a exported project, so If it does not work in editor, packaging it will generally not solve a problem.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ]Innuendo[ View Post
              It should be fine to "bind event to menu closed" only once in event construct. If you have to solve your problem by binding event every frame, the issue is in another location. But if it works for you, I am going to let it slide.
              Thanks, it's a better way and it works.

I don't think I have a node "Set Keybinding Action Manager". It will help me understand the problem if you post images of your blueprint nodes.
              I was talking about the nodes inside ClassingSettingsMain > about the Collapsed Graph named "Set Keybinding Action Manager".

Very few things works only in a exported project, so If it does not work in editor, packaging it will generally not solve a problem.
              I just want to test inside an exported project with my menus and your menu, I know the Keybinding problems will remains with the PauseMenu.

Comment

I was talking about the nodes inside ClassingSettingsMain > about the Collapsed Graph named "Set Keybinding Action Manager".
                You are right, I forgot the name of the collapsed node.

But I think you can ignore that one. I have tested it out now, and made a simple setup for you, that you can use until I have improved usability with another menu.

Here is what we are going to do. Create both menus (Your pause menu and my settings menu) in your FirstPersonCharacter.
                Follow the procedure as shown in manual or video tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtA3OyT81Ns

Important! Make sure the first person character creates the settings menu widget first, before creating your pause menu widget.

Name:	rB8Nl57.png
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	1108355

Inside the pause menu UMG event graph
                Here I made a mock up pause menu that only has a option button. All the option button does is hide the entire pause menu, and call "Open Menu" on settings menu.
                When someone press OK, or Cancel in my settings menu, it will call the event we have binded on menu close.
                It then shows visibility of your pause menu, and makes sure mouse cursor is enabled and usable, since my settings menu hides cursor and goes back to game mode when it closes.

Name:	AqapYOc.png
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	1108356

Until I have given it some more thoughts, and improved it, I hope this will help you make my settings menu a part of your pause menu.
                Last edited by Scraphead; 06-15-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

You could ad images to the buttons and so on. That would show how to do that and how to design a button. Nice pack!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBudgie View Post
                    You could ad images to the buttons and so on. That would show how to do that and how to design a button. Nice pack!
                    Thank you, it's easy to modify visuals buttons in UMG designer. Go to appearance, open style and tweak the options there.

Name:	0xFzn6g.png
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1108413

The source images I use is included in project files. (But they are not transferred to new project when migrated, copy them manually to the same folder in destination project, and engine will link them with .uasset files)
                    Copy or modify them to your needs.

Name:	fUpSyTA.png
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1108414

Comment

I know, I meant it would be good for people new to Unreal Engine if it was already included. I remember when we started with UE4 (and bought this pack with the money when they went free and rewarded $30), we were a bit puzzled how to actually design the buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBudgie View Post
                        I know, I meant it would be good for people new to Unreal Engine if it was already included. I remember when we started with UE4 (and bought this pack with the money when they went free and rewarded $30), we were a bit puzzled how to actually design the buttons.
                        Good idea, I can add a small section to manual.

Comment

You are right, I forgot the name of the collapsed node.

But I think you can ignore that one. I have tested it out now, and made a simple setup for you, that you can use until I have improved usability with another menu.

Here is what we are going to do. Create both menus (Your pause menu and my settings menu) in your FirstPersonCharacter.
                          Follow the procedure as shown in manual or video tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtA3OyT81Ns

Important! Make sure the first person character creates the settings menu widget first, before creating your pause menu widget.

Inside the pause menu UMG event graph
                          Here I made a mock up pause menu that only has a option button. All the option button does is hide the entire pause menu, and call "Open Menu" on settings menu.
                          When someone press OK, or Cancel in my settings menu, it will call the event we have binded on menu close.
                          It then shows visibility of your pause menu, and makes sure mouse cursor is enabled and usable, since my settings menu hides cursor and goes back to game mode when it closes.

Until I have given it some more thoughts, and improved it, I hope this will help you make my settings menu a part of your pause menu.
                          Thanks for this. I've changed my BP with your BP. When calling PauseMenu then Option Menu : the problem with Keybinding still remains.
                          I also have to click once to access the PauseMenu with mouse, then a second time by clicking "Option" > it works. I also added some nodes like "show mouse cursor" to make it work.
                          Last edited by ]Innuendo[; 06-16-2016, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks for this. I've changed my BP with your BP. When calling PauseMenu then Option Menu : the problem with Keybinding still remains.
                            I also have to click once to access the PauseMenu with mouse, then a second time by clicking "Option" > it works. I also added some nodes like "show mouse cursor" to make it work.
                            Yes, you need to add show mouse cursor when opening your pause menu. To fix the "click twice" problem, you have to set your playercontroller focus on menu item when you open your pause menu.

Name:	UWW51rw.png
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	1108415

Keybinding works fine at my end using the method I showed you earlier. I am using an action manager in the FirstPersonCharacter that is connected to the settings menu, the custom pause menu does not have any action manager or uses keybinding at all.

Can you describe the keybinding problem in more details? Or did you mean the bug where pressing apply reset keybinding? (I have fixed that, it's in the next update)

Comment

I've deleted my nodes and changed the MenuPressed sequence. When I play the project, the PauseMenu is directly displayed without mouse.

About the Keybinding, it's the problem with PauseMenu. I thought your BP would solve it because we were talking about the collapsed graph "Set Keybinding Action Manager".

Comment

I've deleted my nodes and changed the MenuPressed sequence. When I play the project, the PauseMenu is directly displayed without mouse.
                                The images I have showed you are only provided as an example. If the pause menu is displayed when you press play, you can Collapse on pause menu event begin with "Set Visibility" node. The methods of setting up your pause menu is up to your own design.

About the Keybinding, it's the problem with PauseMenu. I thought your BP would solve it because we were talking about the collapsed graph "Set Keybinding Action Manager".
                                With the example I showed you earlier, you don't need to touch "Set Keybinding Action Manager". The action manager is added as a component to your FirstPersonCharacter and is used as a input when creating settings menu widget. This will make sure the Action Manager is valid. If you have modified "Set Keybinding Action Manager", please set it up back the way it was.

Name:	c8hpAMw.png
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1108419

To further help you, I need you to describe your problem in detail. What do you want to do, what happens when it does not work, and pictures of blueprints on what you have attempted to do.
                                Last edited by Scraphead; 06-16-2016, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X