Falling Leaf VFX Pack!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling Leaf VFX Pack!

Submitted a falling leaf VFX pack to the marketplace.

This pack includes 10 unique leaf VFXs, All leaf vfxs are simple meshes, 24 tris each leaf.
    The pack also includes one master blueprint that gives complete control over the following features without needing to understand or edit a single blueprint/visual effect/material:
    • Select which leaf type to spawn, 10 to choose from
    • Update how large the leaves that spawn are
    • Update the radius at which the particles will spawn from
    • Control what direction as well as what speed the leaves will fall in
    • Control how many leaves spawn
    • Control the time leaf particles remain in the world, overall life time of the particle
    • Control over which percentage of particles get spawned at LOD1 and LOD2, percentage is based on the original spawn rate chosen by designer

Here are 5 out of the 10 leaf types available, as well as a pic showing the available options in the blueprint. Of course all vfx are completely editable and placeable separate from the blueprint but the blueprint is there for ease of use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	1148408

Name:	Pic2.jpg
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	1148409

Name:	Pic3.jpg
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	1148410

Name:	Pic4.jpg
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	1148411

Name:	Pic5.jpg
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1148412

If there are any specific requests or features you would like to see in this pack please let me know!

Thanks!
    Last edited by evilmrfrank; 04-20-2015, 02:16 PM.

- Any chance to add custom leaf meshes / billboards?
    - Are the current leaves (I assume they are billboards and not meshes) bowed in such a way that they are not "flat"?
    WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
    World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
    WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

1 - You won't be able to set custom leaf meshes through the blueprint itself but you will very easily be able to replace the mesh used in one of the existing leaf vfx and it will work fine, if you wanted, you could replace all 10 leaf meshes with your own and the blueprint would still give you control of all 10.

2 - The leaves are simple 24 tri curved meshes with a slight curve to them.

Comment

Really cool! Could you probably post a video? Would be interesting to see how it looks like

Comment

Awesome, +1 for a video

Bad joke question.
          Why did the tree cross the road?
          Easy weapons in Unreal Engine 4:
          Check out Realistic Blueprint Weapons

Currently doing a tutorial series on Vectors and what they are good for.
          Please visit Unreal Unscripted

Comment

I'll try and get a video up tonight

Comment

I like that i can use my own meshes with this

Why did the tree cross the road?
              why ?
              Last edited by X.E.R.T.; 04-21-2015, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Put up a video showing some of the leaf effects as well as going over the options the blueprint itself offers.

Comment

Nice, thx for the video!

Comment

nice explanation, can't really think of any more features i would want at the moment.

Comment

Excellent, looking forward to this! Any idea if it would be simple to add custom shapes like pine needles?

Comment

Originally posted by X.E.R.T. View Post
                        I like that i can use my own meshes with this

why ?
                        Because it was leafing
                        Easy weapons in Unreal Engine 4:
                        Check out Realistic Blueprint Weapons

Currently doing a tutorial series on Vectors and what they are good for.
                        Please visit Unreal Unscripted

Comment

Bam! I love elegant solutions, and this is one. Make environments a little more life-like. Really great! Purchasing = yes.
                          P.S. In the video, Your landscape, or wherever it's from, looks amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by breese45 View Post
                            Bam! I love elegant solutions, and this is one. Make environments a little more life-like. Really great! Purchasing = yes.
                            P.S. In the video, Your landscape, or wherever it's from, looks amazing.
                            The landscape/level you see in the video is from an unannounced game I am working on

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                            Cherry blossom leaf type please
                            Thanks for the feedback, I'll add cherry blossoms to the list

Comment

Working...
                            X