[COMING SOON] Clones Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi people!

Finally here is the Clones Generator Documentation! Hope you like it, and if you have any question, feel free to contact me at juanhoyos.contact@gmail.com.

Juan Hoyos
    Clones Generator
    Get it now | Documentation | In action

Comment

Hi all! How are you? Hope fine!

I want to tell you that I will be updating the Clones Generator as soon as possible when the 4.9 release of the engine come to life.. The update will solve some issues and other improvements will be added as well. Probably the update will come with another blueprint that will help you speed things up. Also, regarding to the macros I used in the blueprint, I will try to make them outside of it, so you can use it anywhere. That's everything by now

Hope you have a great rest of week!

Juan Hoyos
      Clones Generator

Comment

hy juan, please help me with tutorial or steps to create wall like this with your blue prints, i need it to make a new building like this ,Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	753.2 KB
ID:	1086736

Comment

Originally posted by dayas12 View Post
          hy juan, please help me with tutorial or steps to create wall like this with your blue prints, i need it to make a new building like this,
          Hi Dayas

Well, this process is so so easy, as you don't need to place the static meshes manually, but it needs to be improved just a little bit, and I'm working so hard on this to bring you a really cool tool.. After explain you the process I'm going to tell you why it needs to be improved, at least for me. So the process is very straightforward:

1. You need to drag n' drop the Clones Generator blueprint anywhere in you level. After that, in the details panel of the blueprint, you need to choose the "Clone Method". There is two at the moment, and in this case, the "Spline Method" are going to do the work for us.
          2. Now you need to go into the "Component Rendering" tab, deploy it and you will see a variable called "Basic Mesh". Here, you will need to choose any static mesh asset from your content browser. In this case, I took a single window mesh.
          3. Then, you need to define how your instances are going to be cloned, so you need to deploy the "Spline Settings" tab. In this case, the most useful modifier is the "Default Modifier" because it place the instances for you based on the bounds of the mesh.
          4. After that, take the last point of the spline and drag it out, now you will see more instances appearing in the X axis. If you want a certain value, check the "Spline Measure" bool and the current spline length will appear above the spline in the viewport.
          5. As your choice was "Default Modifier" you need to open that structure in the same tab. Here, you are going to specify how many clones in the Z axis do you want.
          6. If you want more building walls, you need to repeat that process, or simply duplicate the blueprint and configure the spline length and the clones in the Z axis.

So that's it.. As you can see, the building was not made with a single blueprint, and sometimes could be tedious to fit all your building, here is where I said that should be improved, and I'm working on that. If you have any other question, just let me know here or contact me at juanhoyos.contact@gmail.com. Also, you can see the documentation.

Juan Hoyos
          Last edited by Juan Hoyos; 09-20-2015, 11:32 AM.
          Clones Generator

Comment

How do I use Clones Generator to create curved roads?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmorris View Post
              How do I use Clones Generator to create curved roads?
              Hi Jeff,

For that kind of work I recommend you to use the Landscape Splines instead of Clones Generator. This blueprint use the Spline component, not the Spline Mesh component that is intended for deforming geometry.

Juan Hoyos
              Last edited by Juan Hoyos; 09-20-2015, 11:31 AM.
              Clones Generator

Comment

Hi Juan !

Your tool looks amazing ! Could you please consider those :
                - First, making it work for 4.9
                - Being able to modify all / most of the parameters during runtime !
                - Being able to instanciate particle emiters, lights, skeltal meshes or even blueprints ?

Thx for your hard work !

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher View Post
                  Hi Juan !

Your tool looks amazing ! Could you please consider those :
                  - First, making it work for 4.9
                  - Being able to modify all / most of the parameters during runtime !
                  - Being able to instanciate particle emiters, lights, skeltal meshes or even blueprints ?

Thx for your hard work !
                  Hi Switcher!

First of all, sorry for the delay, and thank you so much for your words! As an answer for your recommendations:

- I'm working in the 4.9 version, It will take a bit longer because I'm super busy these days, and it seems like I have to split my self in 10 parts to do all the things I must do hahaha. But you should be able to work with the blueprint in the 4.9 version, just add it to a 4.9 project, and choose the 4.9 compatibility.

- That is a very suggested feature, and I have some of the work already done.

- I'm working on particles now, but make instances of blueprints this way is extremely dificult, but I have a couple of ideas on how to do it.

Again, sorry for the delay. Thanks for taking the time on suggest me these, I really appreciate it

Juan Hoyos
                  Clones Generator

Comment

dang how did i miss this asset man, this is legit imma have to pick this up...guess i should wait till its 4.9 compatible first tho

Comment

Hi Juan,

I am wondering if there is a work around to be able to export all the cloned items out of the engine so i can further optimize them in maya? I have built a test building using clones meshes, but when i export it only exports the two original meshes?

http://imgur.com/a/VS72F
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanofGaming View Post
                        dang how did i miss this asset man, this is legit imma have to pick this up...guess i should wait till its 4.9 compatible first tho
                        Hi! You should stay tuned here in the thread or in the marketplace itself because I already send to EPIC the 4.9 version, it was the last week, but it seems like they have a lot of packs to update.

Juan Hoyos
                        Last edited by Juan Hoyos; 10-18-2015, 02:09 AM.
                        Clones Generator

Comment

Originally posted by X.E.R.T. View Post
                          Hi Juan,

I am wondering if there is a work around to be able to export all the cloned items out of the engine so i can further optimize them in maya? I have built a test building using clones meshes, but when i export it only exports the two original meshes?

http://imgur.com/a/VS72F
                          Hi! Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately I don't have Maya to test this, but I have 3dsMax and I suppose it works the same. How're you exporting the generators? Because I did the following:

1. Select the Clones Generator blueprint or blueprints I want to export.
                          2. I went to File > Export Selected, and:

- The first time I exported the generators my choice was .fbx. When I imported the file into 3dsMax, all the clones were seccesfully imported, all detached but with a dummy in where the pivot point of the Clones Generator Blueprint was inside the Unreal Engine. So, I just aligned the pivot of any of the clones to the dummy's pivot, and then I selected all the clones > collapsed the modifier stack, so all of they were editable polys > and attached all of them to the clone with the correct pivot. This way you could weld vertices or all that kind of optimization work. Again, I don't know how it works for Maya.

- The second time I exported the generators my choice was .obj. When I imported the file inside 3dsMax, there was a single object! So I supposed you were doing it like that.

Let me know how you were doing it and I will be more than pleased of help you

Juan Hoyos
                          Clones Generator

Comment

Working...
                          X