[COMING SOON] Clones Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[COMING SOON] Clones Generator

RELEASED! Clones Generator is now in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

Buy now!
    Get documentation

NEWS
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* (26/10/2015) Clones Generator is now working for Unreal Engine 4.9!
    * (03/10/2015) 4.9 compatibility sent to EPIC.
    * (03/07/2015) The documentation was finally finished, you can it here.
    * (25/06/2015) Working on s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶c̶u̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ improvements for the Radial Modifier, Tracer Modifier and Randomized Method. Also, I'm working in another blueprint called Asset Composition.
    * (23/06/2015) Now working in the Unreal Engine 4.8! Update it now!
    * (18/06/2015) The Clones Generator is now in the Unreal Engine Marketplace, ready for you to purchase it!
    * (22/05/2015) Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ V̶O̶T̶E̶ ̶N̶O̶W̶ f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶e̶l̶l̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶!̶
    * (08/05/2015) W̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶s̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶E̶P̶I̶C̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶e̶l̶l̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶.̶

NOTES
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* (02/07/2015) If you are using Unreal Engine 4.7.6 probably you will not see the Clones Generator Blueprint. If that's the case, you can email me at juanhoyos.contact@gmail.com
    * (30/04/2015) There is a couple of other options that has not been shown in the videos. I have a lot of ideas for the generator that I will leave as updates.

PRESENTATION
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

I am here to announce a project in what I have been working on, a clones generator blueprint . Basically, the clones generator blueprint allows you to create quick copies of an specific object, adjusting them with a bunch of different parameters to make it fully customizable or semi-procedural. The idea of this blueprint comes to me because sometimes, when it comes to make copies or duplications of a mesh, or couple of meshes, the task can be a little bit tedious and boring, you spent so much time trying to adjust their position, rotation and/or scale, and later on you noticed that something goes wrong, or you need to chage the position of all the copies, etc.

SCREENSHOTS

Well, take screenshots for a tool like this is a very difficult thing...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clones Generator - Natural Environments.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	675.2 KB
ID:	1149537

Name:	Store_ClonesGenerator_Screenshot_2.png
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	1149538

Name:	Clones Generator - Lots Of Parameters.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	753.2 KB
ID:	1149539

Name:	Clones Generator - Rotation and Scale.jpg
Size:	853.3 KB
ID:	1149542

VIDEOS

(28/04/2015) Here is a video showing you some of the features.

(21/03/2015) Check the radial modifier from the spline method in action.

DESCRIPTION

So, the blueprint has 2 different ways, or methods, in which you can duplicate or make copies of your mesh. I will give you a brief overview of the methods (screenshoots with the parameters). Those are:

- Spline: This method is the way in which you can duplicate objects within a spline. This one has a couple of modifiers (Default, Equal Space, Radial, Tracer) that allows you to change the way in which the object is been duplicated through the spline.

Name:	SplineMethod.PNG
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1146472

- Randomized: If you just want to have a bunch of different meshes been randomized in a box, this is the method for you.

Name:	RandomizedMethod.PNG
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1146475

You saw in all the methods (except the spline method because the screenshoot was to large) an structure called "transform"? Well, this have all the related with the rotation and scale of the object, to make those random, and specific value, or both.

Name:	Transform.PNG
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1146474

That was a quick overview of the settings you can play with in this blueprint . I would like to read some suggestions you can have for this, just to make it very functional for all of us! Questions are welcome too!

Thanks to all of you guys! for taking the time and read the post, or at least see the pictures.
    Attached Files
    Yes.
    91.30%
    No.
    8.70%
    Last edited by Juan Hoyos; 10-26-2015, 10:29 PM.
    Clones Generator
    Get it now | Documentation | In action

Go ahead and see the radial modifier in action! (Video in the first message)
    Last edited by Juan Hoyos; 05-08-2015, 01:02 AM.
    Clones Generator

Comment

New video after a long time! Hope you like it. Some of the things have been changed, but they keep the same sense of the generator. (The video is in the first message)
      Last edited by Juan Hoyos; 04-28-2015, 06:52 PM.
      Clones Generator

Comment

You seem pretty close to having a rounded tool there, any date planned for releasing it?

Comment

Very cool! I hope you release it soon. I'd love to use something like this for building an open world game.
          Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
          Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
          Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mserena View Post
            You seem pretty close to having a rounded tool there, any date planned for releasing it?
            Well, I already send to EPIC the request for publishing, I'm still in wait for an answer. Any news, I will be updating here!
            Clones Generator

Comment

Hey! I uploaded some screenshots in the main message, check it out!
              Clones Generator

Comment

Nice looking tool! I can see this coming in handy for speeding things up.

Comment

Oh man this is something really useful. I wanna use it right away.

Comment

It seems I found something like this in youtube, a guy creating an entire city in a minute, using something similar to your spline method.
                    A fascinating prototyping process. I'd love to have it in my collection.

Luny
                    lunybunny.com
                    lunybunny.com

Comment

Hey guys! After a few weeks EPIC finally put the Clones Generator Blueprint in the trello board, so you can vote for it now! Vote here: https://trello.com/c/cCEysPeC/391-clones-generator

Juan Hoyos
                      Clones Generator

Comment

I'm glad to announce that thanks to all of your support, the Clones Generator is now in the Unreal Engine Marketplace! Go ahead and purchase it! I will be doing an update in the next weeks, to add some more functionality. Suggestions are welcome too!

Juan Hoyos
                        Clones Generator

Comment

Hi Juan,

Very cool pack!

I've just downloaded the generator and added it to a project but I'm guessing I've done something wrong. Most but not all of the examples in your overview map work and I can't seem to initialise any new generators added to the map.

Any Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Proximity View Post
                            Hi Juan,

Very cool pack!

I've just downloaded the generator and added it to a project but I'm guessing I've done something wrong. Most but not all of the examples in your overview map work and I can't seem to initialise any new generators added to the map.

Any Ideas?
                            Hi Proxi,

Yes, I realised that some of the functionality broke with the final 4.8 update of the engine, I already fix it and I'm waiting to EPIC for an update of the pack. I'm really sorry for this, but the 4.8 release agreed with the publish of my generator in the Marketplace, so I did not have opotunity to test it before it gets released; well, I test it in the 4.8 previews, and everything was fine, so it's weird. Hope they update the pack as soon as possible.

Juan Hoyos
                            Clones Generator

Comment

Working...
                            X