94.59%
    Nay
    5.71%
    Welcome to SuperGrid!
    Purchase on Marketplace

Download Demo

Latest version changelog

Content
    • New SuperGrid Master BP - allows to change materials of all SuperGrid meshes on the level simultaneously
    • New SuperGrid Group BP - allows to assign single material to group of SuperGrid meshes and manipulate them
    • New Stairs BP- basic dynamic stairs implementation tht utilizes SuperGrid material features [Extended in next update]
    • New SuperGrid Wall BP - create SuperGrid walls by drawing spline
    • New Material: Painted Panels
    • New Material: Holographic Refractions
    • New Material: Metal Hexagons
    • New Changelog UI BP in Lobby - Stay on grid!
    • New Mesh & Texture: Ramp - create walkable slopes

Bugfixes & updates
    • Improved and refactored Character blueprint
    • Platform BP has been updated with new functionality
    • Smooth crouch animation for Character blueprint [Press CTRL to enjoy!]
    • Chamber 1.0.2 has been finished
    • Chamber 1.1 has been added
    • Lobby has been improved with new icons, portals and UI
    • Fixed Broken LUTs
    • Fixed incorrect UV scaling on Stairs mesh
    • Fixed various errors in logs[Deprecated nodes, Lighting issues and etc]
    • Fixed a collision issue with Stairs and Plane meshes
    • Various Bugfixes

SuperGrid is a pack of special materials and modular meshes designed to make level prototyping workflow faster, easier and more fun!

If you are a fan of dynamic and straightforward level creation process then you will feel right at home — you can move, rotate and scale meshes without fear of texture stretching or distortions

Materials are easy to customize without overwhelming amount of settings, yet powerful enough to provide wide variety materials!

If you want to dig deeper - base materials are well documented and includes custom nodes for visual simplicity and coherent workflow.

Starter pack includes fully featured level/mini-game, that will guide you through SuperGrid assets and common usage scenarios.

Coming soon!

Additional information
    • No texture stretching during scaling
    • Material alignment is object based, so texture does not get "scrolling" effect during movement and rotation like tri-planar materials usually do
    • Meshes for prototyping(The number of meshes is still WiP)
    • Variety of materials(The number of materials is still WiP)
    • Pivot points placement in favor of prototyping convenience
    • Bonus assets, such as blueprints, sound effects, particle effects, volumetric materials and animated materials that were used for tutorial map.
    • Specify grid size in centimeters(units)
    • Each mesh has proper collision that works good with scaling.
    • Each texture file contains 3 different masks + roughness that later combined together and could be manipulated separately.

Old video to demonstrate basic process, fully-fledged trailer is coming soon!

Future releases and updates

Starter pack is the first product of SuperGrid and focused mostly on basic modular meshes and neutral-themed materials.
    Eventually new packs will come up and they will have specific theme(For example: Architecture, Sci-Fi, Llamas, etc) or will be focused on new advanced features(For example: vertex animated mesh and chamfered box that scales correctly without deformations)
    However, already released packs won't be forgotten and each pack will be updated with new core features, core modular meshes, bug fixes and etc.

Pricing policy

I decide to release small(But big enough so you won't feel cheated ) and medium-sized packs with strong llamas theme in 10$-25$ pricing range rather than large bulky packs with price that gravitate towards 100$
    Also this method allows to release new content and push updates more often!

If you have any questions, requests or feedback - feel free to post them right away!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zeOrb; 11-27-2017, 02:08 PM.

• replied
    Could you add documentation to your top post explaining how to start using the SuperGrid assets in an existing project?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also noticed that the box doesn't do so well with mesh distance fields

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am trying out the wall spline and when i duplicate a key and move it at a 90 degree direction the wall seems to stretch out of the column as the key distances itself

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, people!

SuperGrid is participating in Cyber Monday sale with 50% off!

Check it out!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
    hi I get weird glitches on the materials

[ATTACH=CONFIG]145351[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]145352[/ATTACH]
    Hi!

In 4.16 Epic changed behavior of Power node so you need to either download 4.16 version of SuperGrid or apply a fix I wrote in a previous post

Thank you,
    Dmitry

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi I get weird glitches on the materials

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	1129856

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	1129857

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys, there is an issue with 4.16 version since Power node logic was changed.
    It will be fixed as soon as update will hit the Marketplace, as for now(Or if you just want to update your project) do the following:
    1. Navigate to Content/SuperGrid/StarterPack/Materials/Functions/UV/ and open UV_ObjectScalable file
    2. Add Abs node between TransformVector and Power node as shown there.

Originally posted by Mantrack View Post
    Is it possible to run this at runtime?
    Yes, it would stretch properly during runtime

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post
    Using Unreal Engine 4.15.1 whenever I migrate the SuperGrid folder to any other project in its Content folder I get two log errors:

In this case migrating to a blank blueprint project.
    Hello!
    Sorry for late reply, have not noticed this post.
    Is it still an issue? I've tried migrating whole folder in 4.16 and it's working properly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Using Unreal Engine 4.15.1 whenever I migrate the SuperGrid folder to any other project in its Content folder I get two log errors:

Name:	supergrid-log-error-migrate.PNG
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1126677

In this case migrating to a blank blueprint project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible to run this at runtime?
    Last edited by Mantrack; 04-07-2017, 01:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Hello there!

Yep, I've updated for 4.15, should work fine!
    You will get it new version automatically if you've just purchased the product and create a 4.15 project. Marketplace stores different versions of product for different versions of the engine so there should no problems at all

Have fun!
    Thanks [MENTION=1445]zeOrb[/MENTION] thats great news!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DonnieVegas View Post
    Hi, i just wanted to know if this now works fine with version 4.15 of the editor? Also if you've updated the SuperGrid pack, how do we get the update? Sorry for the noob questions lol. Cant wait to start using it!
    Hello there!

Yep, I've updated for 4.15, should work fine!
    You will get it new version automatically if you've just purchased the product and create a 4.15 project. Marketplace stores different versions of product for different versions of the engine so there should no problems at all

Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Hey guys!

Just a little heads up - a new Tonemapper was introduced in 4.15 version and a lot of old materials might look not right. I will update everything to match proper colors next week(hopefully).

Thanks!
    Hi, i just wanted to know if this now works fine with version 4.15 of the editor? Also if you've updated the SuperGrid pack, how do we get the update? Sorry for the noob questions lol. Cant wait to start using it!
    Last edited by DonnieVegas; 03-07-2017, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys!

Just a little heads up - a new Tonemapper was introduced in 4.15 version and a lot of old materials might look not right. I will update everything to match proper colors next week(hopefully).

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by namrats View Post
    Question! I'm pretty new at UE4 still, and love SuperGrid, but I'm curious about something...

With a SuperGrid material applied to the SuperGrid mesh, you can scale the mesh, and it doesn't look stretched out - that's the whole point, right? lol.

But... is there a limit to how much you should stretch it (within reason, of course)? Will stretching it excessively negatively affect anything, like lighting, once you start adding in more detail to the map? In other words, in terms of SuperGrid, is it perfectly okay to use stretched meshes for my level geometry, or should I be using more modular pieces?

Since SuperGrid materials look fine when they are scaled, I'm guessing it doesnt matter, and there doesn't seem to be a major difference... But I could be wrong =P
    Hey Namrats!

There are certain limits, but I rarely see someone hit them
    For example, if you want to create reeeeeally huge box like 1km wide then you can't use SuperGrid_Box due to UE4 collision calculation - hidden collision box won't be scaled correctly and you will wobble around instead of walking Instead, you should use SuperGrid_Box_HighRes which has more complicated collision that will scale properly beyond 1km size.

As a rule of thumb - yes, if it does looks good and you don't wobble then you should be safe!
    As for lighting, [MENTION=42739]Neutronux[/MENTION] is correct and size should be manually overwritten per mesh if it does not look good. Bigger mesh means higher resolution(You can look at Starting level if you're not sure about LightmapRes numbers). I've tried to automate this, but sadly BP don't have access to LightmapRes data

Thanks,
    Dmitry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X