SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'Know what, this is awesome.

I just bought one and this is definitely the thing on Marketplace that has impressed me the most so far. Demo level is fantastic and the fact that it's interactive and almost like a mini-game makes it even cooler.

That and the whole 'atmosphere' it gives off... really awesome. Well worth the money people, and then some. Better than a whole heap of environment starter packs that are out there right now IMO. The standard is set right here!

Comment

I bought it when it came out... only briefly messed with it, but work is keeping me away from geeking out, so I hope to get into it and use it for some level design soon.
      Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

i love this, im not much of a designer but this has sped up my creation of test maps for my games mechanics prototyping

<3 it
        Self-Learning to program, Open to advice!

Comment

I just purchased this, actually my first marketplace purchase in general. I was really blown away by the level telling you about the pack and such. Really amazing setup, i've yet to use it but i know this is going to be something i migrate into every project i make.

EDIT : I've now used it and, This is literally the best thing I've ever touched. I have no words at how awesome this pack is. Speechless.

EDIT 2 : This is seriously one of the most amazing things I've ever used. A pack like this doesn't have a quantifiable value in my opinion. It has saved me so much time in the little time that I've used it, that i can only imagine the time it will save me in general overall.

I think someone said that this pack has set the bar of quality for the marketplace, and they are soo right.
          Last edited by SaxonRah; 05-13-2015, 12:18 PM.
          Youtube
          Machine Learning C++ Plugin
          Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

I have had so much fun building test levels with this kit, it's so simple to use and extend! I also LOVE those hologram materials.

Comment

Huuuuge thanks, folks, you're too nice to me! *o*

If you're enjoyed demo level, then you will like first update I guess!
              As you know, I'll release new packs at some point, so I decide to build "Lobby" that will exist in all packs and will contain news, updates info, previews of new stuff and so on.
              In hotfix I've decide to experiment a little bit and added a WiP version of lobby so you could take a look at new stuff.

How do you feel about such approach? Is it fun to watch how lobby may grow and change or it is cumbersome and I'm better stick to the ordinary releases?
              SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
              Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Changelog for SuperGrid 1.0.1

Bugfixes
                • Fixed an issue with distorted UV for "SuperGrid_Stairs" static mesh
                • Fixed a bug that could result in distortions for "SuperGrid_Box" static mesh
                • Fixed incompatibility with current Unreal Tournament Editor

Content
                • New "SuperGrid_Box_HighRes" for extreme scaling over 500m without collision artifacts.
                • New Material node "UV_CustomTexture". Simple plug'n'play node for user textures - just connect with UV input of any texture.
                • New Texture set "Metal Bars" that demonstrates UV_CustomTexture node.
                • New WiP part of demo level - Lobby
                Last edited by zeOrb; 05-18-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

looks good, hope to see the new update soon, so it work in UT

Comment

Will purchase this on weekend

Hope to see more texture theme in coming release, I'm seeing this as not only limited to level prototyping but an actual level designer for me.

Marketplace Link: https://goo.gl/GGdV9m
                    twitter.com/tzenku | tzenku.com

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                      Huuuuge thanks, folks, you're too nice to me! *o*

How do you feel about such approach? Is it fun to watch how lobby may grow and change or it is cumbersome and I'm better stick to the ordinary releases?
                      This is another nice idea
                      Last edited by barsam2a; 05-15-2015, 12:46 AM.

Comment

zeOrb for zePresident ... good job man. I am waiting for my next batch of money to come in to the budget and this is being purchased. 8-}

Very good job and your feedback on this thread just shows you what a good job you did. ^5
                        Quinton Delpeche
                        Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Loving it!! However i need it to work for UT4 level design! Any idea how i can get all the content in my ut project? THx

Comment

Originally posted by labidus View Post
                            looks good, hope to see the new update soon, so it work in UT
                            All tested, should be good!
                            Also, feel free to send me a link to your WiP map/project if it exist somewhere, I'm interested in what you guys doing 8)

Originally posted by sebas View Post
                            Loving it!! However i need it to work for UT4 level design! Any idea how i can get all the content in my ut project? THx
                            Hey Sebas, later today will be hotfix adding compatibility with UT4 editor. After that you could simply migrate SuperGrid assets like any other content.
                            Migrate to this path [X:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content]

Originally posted by RynerAJ View Post
                            Will purchase this on weekend

Hope to see more texture theme in coming release, I'm seeing this as not only limited to level prototyping but an actual level designer for me.
                            Some new stuff is coming, but this update is mostly hotfix + laying the groundwork for new stuff in major update.
                            If you have any ideas how to improve it - don't hesitate to share them
                            Cheers!

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                            zeOrb for zePresident ... good job man. I am waiting for my next batch of money to come in to the budget and this is being purchased. 8-}

Very good job and your feedback on this thread just shows you what a good job you did. ^5

I hope you won't change your mind after purchase!
                            What if zePresident is evil overlord... and forcing people to leave nice feedback on pain of destruction... There is only way to find out!

Actually, why not!
                            Fear zePresident in 1.1

Comment

Just purchased and look forward to trying. But I'm having trouble adding SuperGrid to an existing 4.8 project.

In the Epic Launcher, under my Vault, SuperGrid gives me the option to 'Add to project.' Clicking on this takes me to Choose Project Name and Location - to create a new project. I see none of the 4.6 - 4.8 project thumbs that exist in My Projects. I have 4.7.6 and 4.8 Preview two installed.

Comment

Fantastic work zeOrb! I really really love your job, and hope you can keep going and make it even better!
                                I have a question: Most tutorials I watched about level editing in Unreal Editor were brush-based, create brushes and perform additive/subtractive operations on them.
                                And your method is different, it's staticmesh-based, it's easier to use and I love it.
                                What do you think about your method comparing to the traditional brush-based method? Is it only intended to be used as prototyping or it can also work well in real production?

Comment

Working...
                                X