No announcement yet.

SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just played the demo level. Great music, very well done!

Comment

Hi I just buy this, demo looks great!

My question is: I copy/paste the SuperGrid folder from your content dir to my current project content, when I am in the editor, I go in Content/SuperGrid and select a mesh to put in the map but I cannot, same thing for the texture, what I need to do to add supergrid on my existing project?

Also I tried on your demo, since I am noob in this U4editor, what is the key to SCALE/ROTATE object, lol thanks for your help.

Thanks!

Comment

So, I've got that package as I am a programmer and nothing of a designer I thought giving this a try won't harm.
        Here is my first result:

Click image for larger version

Name:	jGf4e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	403.4 KB
ID:	1075996

A simple bhop map (see Quake 3 or Counter-Strike for reference) made within minutes.
        So, if you struggle making maps or designing at all...buy that package.
        Regards,
        Kia.

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
          Check out SuperGrid after first update then!
          And sorry for inconvenience - I really did not expect that UT build does not use hotfixed version

[...]

I think that bugfixes/polishing is important, but come on - updates without new content is boring =D
          Yeah, I want to add some new textures and features, but first update will be more or less "hotfix" due to obvious reasons
          I definitely will check it out after your update, it really will make level prototyping easier and faster

Originally posted by labidus
          Also I tried on your demo, since I am noob in this U4editor, what is the key to SCALE/ROTATE object, lol thanks for your help.
          Labidus, just select an object and press space to switch from moving to scaling and rotating an object...
          check out the official Unreal Engine youtube channel (and other channels too), there are also really good introduction videos that will get you familiar with the basics...

Comment

Originally posted by Kia View Post
            So, I've got that package as I am a programmer and nothing of a designer I thought giving this a try won't harm.
            Here is my first result:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38612[/ATTACH]

A simple bhop map (see Quake 3 or Counter-Strike for reference) made within minutes.
            I like it, can you create your map in your project by copying the SuperGrid folder in your project or you need to use the SuperGrid editor only to do that?

Comment

Just bought, very impressed so far.

Comment

Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
                ok, that would be great
                I'll buy it as soon as it's working in the UT-editor,
                because, to be honest, now that most of my imported stuff and files in the UT-editor are working, I don't want to import and tweak all of them again by compiling a new UT-editor

...some things are working fine if you copy a folder into the UT-ContentFolder, others don't... (from a beginner's point of view)
                and also migrating files from an UE-project to the UT-editor doesn't always work (e.g. if you're migrating the "Game Textures Free Materials Pack" you have to re-insert the textures in the Material Editor)
                I have the same issues, my project start from UT insead of a game sample, when I copy SuperGrid in UT content, I see the files in the editor but I cannot select any meshes to create a map.

Code:
                LogLinker:Warning: Asset '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.uasset' has been saved with engine version newer than current and therefore can't be loaded. CurrEngineVersion: 4.7.0-2444617+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7 AssetEngineVersion: 4.7.3-2479750+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7
                LogLinker:Warning: The file '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.uasset' contains unrecognizable data, check that it is of the expected type.
                LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Object /Game/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.SuperGrid_Box'
                Last edited by labidus; 05-09-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slot9 View Post
                  Just played the demo level. Great music, very well done!
                  Originally posted by Sllow View Post
                  Just bought, very impressed so far.
                  Thanks guys, I'm glad you are having fun with it!

Originally posted by Kia View Post
                  Here is my first result:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38612[/ATTACH]

Cool to see it in action, great job!

Originally posted by labidus View Post
                  Hi I just buy this, demo looks great!

My question is: I copy/paste the SuperGrid folder from your content dir to my current project content, when I am in the editor, I go in Content/SuperGrid and select a mesh to put in the map but I cannot, same thing for the texture, what I need to do to add supergrid on my existing project?

Thanks!
                  I have the same issues, my project start from UT insead of a game sample, when I copy SuperGrid in UT content, I see the files in the editor but I cannot select any meshes to create a map.

Code:
                  LogLinker:Warning: Asset '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.uasset' has been saved with engine version newer than current and therefore can't be loaded. CurrEngineVersion: 4.7.0-2444617+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7 AssetEngineVersion: 4.7.3-2479750+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7
                  LogLinker:Warning: The file '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.uasset' contains unrecognizable data, check that it is of the expected type.
                  LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Object /Game/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.SuperGrid_Box'
                  Hey Labidus, currently there is a problem with UT editor. I've used 4.7.3 version to build this project, but UT editor is 4.7.0 thus assets won't load
                  However, problem is addressed and will be fixed in the first update.
                  SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                  Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

ok I will have to wait, at least I can create a map in supergrid editor but I dont see the map on my editor, it's probably related to the version 4.7 vs 4.7.3 too...

Comment

ok I will have to wait, at least I can create a map in supergrid editor but I dont see the map on my editor, it's probably related to the version 4.7 vs 4.7.3 too...
                      Hm, what do you mean by SuperGrid editor? Unreal Editor with opened SuperGrid project?
                      If you could work with SuperGrid in Unreal Engine editor then you could simply migrate assets from supergrid project to yours. Check out last paragraph of Marketplace FAQ

Comment

Hm, what do you mean by SuperGrid editor? Unreal Editor with opened SuperGrid project?
                        If you could work with SuperGrid in Unreal Engine editor then you could simply migrate assets from supergrid project to yours. Check out last paragraph of Marketplace FAQ
                        Migrate do nothing more then just Copy, I tried, nothing change since they just copy the file, since 4.7.3 does not work with 4.7, it is not working. Hopefully UT will merge with 4.8 soon so this problem will be resolved...

Comment

Migrate do nothing more then just Copy, I tried, nothing change since they just copy the file, since 4.7.3 does not work with 4.7, it is not working. Hopefully UT will merge with 4.8 soon so this problem will be resolved...
                          No need to wait for UT 4.8 update, I've fixed this issue internally and will push update to the Marketplace next week
                          Here we go!

Probably will include some new stuff
                          Last edited by zeOrb; 05-10-2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

No need to wait for UT 4.8 update, I've fixed this issue internally and will push update to the Marketplace next week
                            Here we go!

Nice, i will wait thank you!

Comment

zeOrb: I purchased SuperGrid yesterday. This is exactly the kind of content that the Marketplace needs, IMO. As a noob to UE4, anything that can help make productivity and creativity easier, is greatly appreciated. The cost vs value of this starter pack is perfect, and other sellers should take note. Thank you for making this available on the Marketplace, and i look fwd to seeing future content from you.

PS: my fav is the animated & glowing grid materials...would love to see much more of that in a material pack
                              Last edited by CURTROCK; 05-10-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Here we go!

oh yes
                                counting the days

Comment

Working...
                                X