SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey mate,

As a request from someone from the UT crowd they asked me how to get it to work on the UT editor:

You need to compile a source editor (UE4 source) and change its engine version to 0

\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Version.h
    #define ENGINE_VERSION 0
    #define BUILT_FROM_CHANGELIST 0

then open each file and re-save it all, then re-submit your data to Epic for them to update on the marketplace.

This is because the engine version you're using is beyond what UT's currently at and as such is causing UT's engine to be unable to open these blueprints, and an engine version of 0 allows these blueprints to be opened on any editor
    Various movement videos, labelled by git version they came from & what changes were made:

http://ut.raxxy.com/

Comment

Don't need this, but I might have to buy it anyway just cause the price is good and it looks pretty

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
        Don't need this, but I might have to buy it anyway just cause the price is good and it looks pretty
        I don't actually need it, but because its a good price I bought it and to my surprise its even better than expected! So I'm gonna use it anyway :P
        Lets Measure It
        Blueprints to measure distances, area's, circumferences and routes/paths. Check out the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ets-measure-it

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
          Hey mate,

As a request from someone from the UT crowd they asked me how to get it to work on the UT editor:

You need to compile a source editor (UE4 source) and change its engine version to 0

#define ENGINE_VERSION 0

then open each file and re-save it all, then re-submit your data to Epic for them to update on the marketplace.

This is because the engine version you're using is beyond what UT's currently at and as such is causing UT's engine to be unable to open these blueprints, and an engine version of 0 allows these blueprints to be opened on any editor
          To Raxxy or anyone who can answer this:
          So this means, that probably in the next 1 or 2 months there will be an UT-Editor Update with whom this plug-in will work just fine without having to compile the Editor?
          This plug-in looks great and I'd really like to buy it, but I'm only using the UT-Editor, (trying to build a map) -> noobie in 3d programs

would be glad to hear an answer

Comment

Bought it, awesome stuff! Hexagons don't line up with each other though, don't know if that was intended.

Comment

Very impressive work out there... It would be awesome to see more affordable and so well made things in the marketplace created with passion!

Comment

This reminds me a lot of a unity plugin I was a huge fan of and missed a bit when I decided to focus on Unreal Engine instead. Thank you for this! Haven't tried it yet but heard about it on the stream and read this thread!

Comment

Demo level is awesome lol. Loving this purchase already.
                  Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

Comment

Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
                    So this means, that probably in the next 1 or 2 months there will be an UT-Editor Update with whom this plug-in will work just fine without having to compile the Editor?
                    This plug-in looks great and I'd really like to buy it, but I'm only using the UT-Editor, (trying to build a map) -> noobie in 3d programs

You can do it yourself transplanting files around to get the engine version changed (what i said will allow all data to open at all times)
                    Various movement videos, labelled by git version they came from & what changes were made:

http://ut.raxxy.com/

Comment

Hey pals!

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                      A fantasy theme pack would be amazing.
                      Originally posted by Winterstone View Post
                      I agree!

@zeOrb - I'd love to see some material packs and would definitely buy them to compliment SuperGrid
                      Originally posted by Sulli View Post
                      Scifi next!
                      I'm thinking about material packs and how to execute them properly!
                      Also, it would help if you clarify a little bit what do you expect from fantasy/sci-fi themed material pack! Of course I have my vision of this stuff, but it would be cool to know what exactly you want to see! =]

Originally posted by dermob View Post
                      Hello,

at the first, Supergrid is really good and i love it
                      But i have no idea we i can import SuperGrid in my Project, please help and give a Tutorial

DerMob
                      Oh hey!
                      I hope my PM was helpful!

Originally posted by Martin Bean View Post
                      The library in the launcher has a button for SuperGrid which says 'Add to project' but when clicked it shows a dialog to create a project. I was hoping to see a dialog to add SuperGrid to a project... Anyone any idea?
                      Hm... I don't have access to my project as a Marketplace purchase(Still pending I guess), so I'm not sure why it's happening :/ Probably because it in "CompleteProject" category/tag and you can't add complete project to other projects. I will talk with Marketplace Support about this issue, but for now you could simply Migrate whole SuperGrid folder to Content folder of desirable project

The back of the stairs mesh is having some texturing problems...

edit: adding a picture from local computer doesnt work?? anyway, open the stairs mesh and look at the back
                      Oh, nasty stairs. I've fixed this and will push it into the first update(ETA 1 week)

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                      Hey mate,

#define ENGINE_VERSION 0

Thank you very much for help, Raxxy!
                      I will try to push this fix into next update.

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
                      Hah, nice to hear =D
                      I hope you won't be disappointed!
                      I don't actually need it, but because its a good price I bought it and to my surprise its even better than expected! So I'm gonna use it anyway :P
                      I'm happy you've enjoyed it!

If I'd be able to fix this with Raxxy method then it will start to work in UT editor in 1-2 weeks, maybe earlier
                      Cheers!

Originally posted by Clavus View Post
                      Bought it, awesome stuff! Hexagons don't line up with each other though, don't know if that was intended.
                      It was a choice by design. Initially I wanted to give them unique UV so they look cool and line up with each other, but with unique UV they did not line up with everything else.
                      It's possible to apply tri-planar material to hexagons with world aligned material at the top part and object aligned everything else, but I decide it's too much for single mesh and unnecessary.
                      Maybe I'll implement one of this methods later, but currently I want to keep things as simple as possible
                      Thanks for feedback!

Originally posted by sarfios View Post
                      Very impressive work out there... It would be awesome to see more affordable and so well made things in the marketplace created with passion!
                      Thanks for kind words, it really boosts moral and increase updates development speed xD
                      I'll try to deliver more cool stuff!

Originally posted by slot9 View Post
                      This reminds me a lot of a unity plugin I was a huge fan of and missed a bit when I decided to focus on Unreal Engine instead. Thank you for this! Haven't tried it yet but heard about it on the stream and read this thread!
                      Thanks!
                      I hope you will enjoy SuperGrid

Originally posted by Amievil View Post
                      Demo level is awesome lol. Loving this purchase already.
                      Have fun ^^
                      SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                      Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Hi zeOrb, just getting back to you for the topic of material packs for fantasy.

Ideally, My personal requirements would be to use anything that has stone, or old brick. Then use SuperGrid to build dungeons and castles. Also cobble for courtyards. Strictly architectural for myself. Also if they can be instanced allowing for some easy manipulation.

The shear amount of stone, brick and rock textures are daunting to say the least. I see what others say before I post any pictures. Thanks for giving us the chance to voice our thoughts.

Winterstone

Comment

If I'd be able to fix this with Raxxy method then it will start to work in UT editor in 1-2 weeks, maybe earlier
                          Cheers!
                          ok, that would be great
                          I'll buy it as soon as it's working in the UT-editor,
                          because, to be honest, now that most of my imported stuff and files in the UT-editor are working, I don't want to import and tweak all of them again by compiling a new UT-editor

...some things are working fine if you copy a folder into the UT-ContentFolder, others don't... (from a beginner's point of view)
                          and also migrating files from an UE-project to the UT-editor doesn't always work (e.g. if you're migrating the "Game Textures Free Materials Pack" you have to re-insert the textures in the Material Editor)
                          Last edited by barsam2a; 05-08-2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Is possible, or will be possible to make bevels, and use my own primitives modeled in Maya, someday? This could be very interesting.
                            lunybunny.com
                            lunybunny.com

Comment

When we buy the kit, do we get the update like new materials that can be added later?

Anyway nice work, I will buy one tonight

Comment

ok, that would be great
                                I'll buy it as soon as it's working in the UT-editor,
                                because, to be honest, now that most of my imported stuff and files in the UT-editor are working, I don't want to import and tweak all of them again by compiling a new UT-editor

...some things are working fine if you copy a folder into the UT-ContentFolder, others don't... (from a beginner's point of view)
                                and also migrating files from an UE-project to the UT-editor doesn't always work (e.g. if you're migrating the "Game Textures Free Materials Pack" you have to re-insert the textures in the Material Editor)
                                Check out SuperGrid after first update then!
                                And sorry for inconvenience - I really did not expect that UT build does not use hotfixed version

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
                                Is possible, or will be possible to make bevels, and use my own primitives modeled in Maya, someday? This could be very interesting.
                                Well, there is only one way to implement bevels and modifying geometry - code plugins(New procedural geometry system for BP in 4.8 is interesting though), but I'm not sure I'll make this in foreseeable feature. Also, I think Epic will roll out replacement for BSP sooner or later, so we will see!
                                About custom primitives - there are some rules for SuperGrid models, I will try to cover them and possible caveats in guides I will post later.

Originally posted by labidus View Post
                                When we buy the kit, do we get the update like new materials that can be added later?

Anyway nice work, I will buy one tonight
                                I think that bugfixes/polishing is important, but come on - updates without new content is boring =D
                                Yeah, I want to add some new textures and features, but first update will be more or less "hotfix" due to obvious reasons
                                SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                                Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Working...
                                X