SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just a heads up...I'm getting a ton of Supergrid errors in 4.11 preview 2 and it fails to load the level. I know it's not technically supported in 4.11 but it was working fine with preview 1. Giving you a heads up cause I know it takes a while to submit and update to the marketplace. Really love Supergrid, btw

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ariegos View Post
    Is it possible to use your own textures?
    Sure, here is tutorial

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible to use your own textures?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    ... so probably you should update them too
    I bet, i still had done, if i encountered errors, they where fixable through me (and github/forumhelp).
    .. xy size and small z size. So it won't mess up your materials, but could improve if you've bumped into this problem earlier
    Aside your stair asset i uvunwrapped all parts new and i do not have that problem, but i do not use any single triangles.
    I use quads only for meshing, dunno why but sometimes, single triangulated tris are giving me problems.
    I know that they are triangulated later, but for me it makes a difference in my small project, in lighting and reflection.
    But could be that "mighty bad boy Blender" causes that, but completely ok for me.
    Rally big thanks again for your nice Supergridthing, it made me understanding/learning modular design and creating modularmeshes for ue4 in a nice way.

Every aspect you inserted in your template is stuff i like, when i look at all aspects. Usability - Art and even leveldesign, for me it is perfect stuff.
    Inspiring.
    I search for a digital lava idea for Beams, any suggestions.?
    The stuff, when falling from a platform?

I wish you a nice year 2016

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
    Hi Sir
    I did not install last update so far, because i am scared, that it well mess up some things in my small project.
    Is it updating every "patched" SG asset in any project?
    Hello-hello!
    As far as I remember there are 2 changes that might concern you:
    1. I've updated some blueprint nodes, because some of them were deprecated in 4.10 and will be removed in future versions, so probably you should update them too
    2. I've changed some numbers in master material, because previous setup was causing troubles when you have big xy size and small z size. So it won't mess up your materials, but could improve if you've bumped into this problem earlier

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Sir
    I did not install last update so far, because i am scared, that it well mess up some things in my small project.
    Is it updating every "patched" SG asset in any project?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Montana View Post
    Hi, Im having the same problem with UT as guys above. Im using Version: 4.8.0-2771652+++depot+UE4-UT-Releases. How did you get it to show the SuperGrid materials with UT Editor?
    Hey Montana, I've sent you a PM with instructions how to fix this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, Im having the same problem with UT as guys above. Im using Version: 4.8.0-2771652+++depot+UE4-UT-Releases. How did you get it to show the SuperGrid materials with UT Editor?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Max, you can see compatible versions in Launcher when you hover over red/green circle with X or V. Green = compatible + version list, red = incompatible + version list.
    Currently SuperGrid updated to the latest 4.10 version and support 4.7, 4.8 and 4.9

So, you should have no problems with merging two 4.10 projects together!

Best Regards,
    Dmitry
    Thanks Dmitry

Cheers,
    Max

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MajorFailure View Post
    Noticed one thing, if I rotate the steps 180 on Z and then scale in Y the texture stretches, is that something you're aware of? I'm probably missing something as I've only been trying it out for a hour or so!
    Originally posted by paingate View Post
    Just bought this yesterday...prototyped a level in a day. It is a freaking delight working with SupergGrid. Hands down the best prototyping tools I've used in my entire career. It's fun and quick. It also leaves the level at just the right quality bar to keep fueling iteration. I'm upset it took me this long to finally buy it. Great job on these tools. I had to log on and give you guys props.

My only crit is ramp collision for the stairs.
    I discovered that reimport removed correct collision for the stairs and also I reimported backup mesh instead of fixed version for last update.
    Correct and working stairs will be back in next version, sorry for inconvenience!

Also, I can't find post about walkable ramps request, but they will be in next update too.
    Last edited by zeOrb; 12-05-2015, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Loucsam View Post
    Has anyone played with SuperGrid and ArchViz Toolkit V1 together? Any reason why they wouldn't work nicely together?

Had a quick look back a few pages and didn't see mention of 4.10 compatibility yet, nor tried it.

I've just downloaded ArchViz Toolkit at 4.10, and UE 4.10 and wondering which way I should go to try attempt integration of SG and Arch.
    Should I try SG at 4.10?, and then try integrate Arch into it, or an earlier UE version?
    (I think I skipped 4.8 and 4.9 UE (4.7.4 to 4.10))

Cheers,
    Max
    Hey Max, you can see compatible versions in Launcher when you hover over red/green circle with X or V. Green = compatible + version list, red = incompatible + version list.
    Currently SuperGrid updated to the latest 4.10 version and support 4.7, 4.8 and 4.9

So, you should have no problems with merging two 4.10 projects together!

Best Regards,
    Dmitry

Leave a comment:

• replied
    SG works fine in 4.10 for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone played with SuperGrid and ArchViz Toolkit V1 together? Any reason why they wouldn't work nicely together?

Had a quick look back a few pages and didn't see mention of 4.10 compatibility yet, nor tried it.

I've just downloaded ArchViz Toolkit at 4.10, and UE 4.10 and wondering which way I should go to try attempt integration of SG and Arch.
    Should I try SG at 4.10?, and then try integrate Arch into it, or an earlier UE version?
    (I think I skipped 4.8 and 4.9 UE (4.7.4 to 4.10))

Cheers,
    Max

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If anyone is reading this thread but is unsure about picking SuperGrid up... DO IT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NichtSchalten View Post
    Thanks for ure help.

Version: 4.8.0-2771652+++depot+UE4-UT-Releases

thats the version from the UT Editor.
    Same problem here - what did you do to solve it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X