SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    At some point we could start a STAiRs WARS!
    Well only for this, you got my respect, nice one XD
    Last edited by Hevedy; 03-26-2015, 06:56 AM.
    Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
    Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

why won't you take my money already?

Comment

This project is looking great, I can it will be cool for some rapid prototyping styles. I will be curious to see if it suits my own.

Best of luck with it!
        Games Programmer at Opaque Multimedia
        http://www.opaquemultimedia.com/index.html

Personal Twitter: @verbvirus

Comment

Look great, and like it will make laying out a level a good bit quicker/easier. Why is it not available yet? I've seen two epic employees wanting to buy it.... release. release. release.
          Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

I am so excited for this! XD

Comment

I'll take 10.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	I+ll+take+20+_6afdc35d69b3fa81919b730fcb7284fa.png
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1071246
              Regards,
              Kia.

Comment

Sold ... where do I send my money. 8-}
                Quinton Delpeche
                Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Oh boy, a lot of people!
                  Quick teaser:

Now proceed with replies...
                  Originally posted by Steve_T View Post
                  this looks so cool, good job!
                  Thanks, Steve_T!

Originally posted by TacoShank View Post
                  This looks fantastic! Any idea on when you might be releasing this?
                  Thank you!
                  I want to finish by end of month, maybe a little longer due to 4.7.4 release

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
                  Nice! Looks like you got a lot of interest in the item already (judging by the # of votes)
                  I probably won't be using this myself, I could get most of this by using object space instead of world space UVs - would just need to make some small adjustments to my existing material I think. However, I think it looks interesting for many users! And has some neat features that mine doesn't

Having some utility like player scale or distance measurements etc. would make this a good item to buy when you are greyboxing your game!

Good luck!

- Tom
                  Hey Tom, I'm glad you like it!
                  Yep, player/various objects scale seems like really useful feature, I hope I will have some free time to implement this!

Originally posted by Rafa Angeline View Post
                  The things are becoming pretty nice, everything that can help us to prototype levels are really useful - player scale, distance measurements and all these small details make a big difference!

I'll buy it when released, do you have an estimative of when will it be released?!

Kind Regards!
                  Hello Rafa Angeline, I will definitely add this, but not sure when - with first release or with first update, I don't want to delay release any further
                  I'll send this project to Trello by the end of this month

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
                  You've got another purchase here when this hits the marketplace.

Hopefully you will be starting this process soon, because I can't wait!
                  Heh, you make me blush!

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
                  Well only for this, you got my respect, nice one XD
                  You gave me the opportunity to direct this thread to Star wars, so thanks for that

Originally posted by ReverendK View Post
                  why won't you take my money already?
                  It's all their fault!

Originally posted by GerardD View Post
                  This project is looking great, I can it will be cool for some rapid prototyping styles. I will be curious to see if it suits my own.

Best of luck with it!
                  Hey GerardD, I hope it will!
                  If you have some specific suggestions - feel free to post it

Originally posted by ScrotieFlapWack View Post
                  I am so excited for this! XD
                  Oh, me too

Originally posted by Kia View Post
                  I'll take 10.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]32050[/ATTACH]
                  Deal!

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                  Sold ... where do I send my money. 8-}
                  Soon... Soon!
                  SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                  Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

This will be the best $10 i'll spend, almost checking this thread everyday for release date or to see marketplace submission. This is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                      Originally posted by benjamin.smith View Post
                      I too make use of both of Tom Looman's blockout materials + a combination of some in-house materials for our early stages of pre-viz level layouts but I would be more than happy to support this product and at $10-$15 it is a steal

I would also like to suggest for inclusion in this pack or a future pack the ability to have scale silhouette references for generic objects like characters, cars, buildings, trees, etc. which can easily be edited + added to by the end-user/developer.

A basic example of this is from the Source/CS:GO SDK:

This would be extremely useful to get an idea of scale on multiple levels/scopes e.g. making a large city and seeing how high a car, player, tree, fence, etc. would be off street level before even needing to go in and place either placeholder or final 3D meshes of those assets to gather height references.

The way I would probably do this is to create a Master Layered Material with hidden masks of all the silhouette objects you wish to include and depending on the scale of the BSP brush you would upscale or downscale + swap out your silhouette masks and in doing so you could make the texture grid wider on the material. You could also layer characters, cars & trees perhaps together e.g. offset the tree to the corner of the mask, while the character is in the centre & tile horizontally.

NOTE: You would in most cases not want to have the masks tile for things like trees, fences, etc. like it dues with that basic player height reference the Hammer/Source/CS:GO SDK have as a placeholder/blockout texture.
                      Hm, I've never thought about it, but sounds really useful. Probably I could use shared sampler for one big texture that contains different 256x256 pictures(tree, people, cars, kittens etc) and some sort of flipbook. So end user can "scroll" through images and choose what he need. Cheap and good! I doubt I implement this in first release, but I definitely want to tackle this in the near future!
                      Glad to be of service

If you wish to discuss this further don't hesitate to PM me + I might even be happy to share some of our internal blockout materials, meshes, etc to help you possibly improve your 'SuperGrid' even further for the benefit of the UE4 developer community.
                      Regards,
                      Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
                      Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Definitely very interested in this! I'm just getting to the stage in my development where I will be needing exactly what you have here. I will gladly buy it as soon as you have it up. Genius idea, I gotta hand it to ya!

Comment

Hey guys, there are good news and bad news!
                          Good news: I sent submission to Marketplace team!
                          Bad news: 1st April was really cruel to me and corrupted my Windows 10 TP so I had to make clean install of Windows 8.1. No harm to project files though, but reinstalling and stuff takes some time.
                          I will send my project files in a few days, so stay tuned!
                          If you wish to discuss this further don't hesitate to PM me + I might even be happy to share some of our internal blockout materials, meshes, etc to help you possibly improve your 'SuperGrid' even further for the benefit of the UE4 developer community.
                          I definitely will PM!
                          I want to wait for first release though
                          Last edited by zeOrb; 04-01-2015, 05:01 PM.
                          SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                          Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

This looks amazing. I could definitely use this on my current project. Can we get an ETA of when it will be released?
                              Logitech Wheel Plugin

Comment

Yeah, I hope this isn't one of those that goes to the marketplace but takes several months for epic to get it up there.
                                Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X