Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    The material looks like standard triplanar mapping?
    I'm not sure what exactly do you mean by "standard triplanar mapping", if you mean something like this, then no. I've mentioned difference between this and my setup multiple times with gifs. I use triplanar in this particular video, but only because point of this was to showcase unaffected by scale features of the mesh, so I did not care much about everything else and used simple mat

Originally posted by TK-421 View Post
    Excellent work! This is on my must have list
    Originally posted by MooseCommander View Post
    Looks great, and $10-15 is a perfect price point for this sort of thing.

As an artist who tries to design levels, having these sorts of resources really help me focus my ideas first and then go in and art later. Can't wait to use it!
    Thanks guys, I hope you will like it when I ship it!
    Originally posted by kuroi93 View Post
    Awesome work

Is it planned a texture with 1cm square for precision prototyping ?

If this is the case, I buy it now !
    Hey Kuroi93, thanks for your interest!
    In material settings you can set grid spacing in centimeters, as well as pattern size(Checkers in this particular case). Check out this video(Watch in 1080p, it's hard to see 1cm lines with blur effect )
    By default grid spacing is 10cm and pattern is 1m.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome work

Is it planned a texture with 1cm square for precision prototyping ?

If this is the case, I buy it now !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks great, and $10-15 is a perfect price point for this sort of thing.

As an artist who tries to design levels, having these sorts of resources really help me focus my ideas first and then go in and art later. Can't wait to use it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Excellent work! This is on my must have list

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is some of the coolest stuff I've seen in awhile. Keep it up! Can't wait to see more!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Definitely great! The price is pretty reasonable and I enjoyed the results of the videos!

Keep working on that, it's amazing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The material looks like standard triplanar mapping?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks amazing! Definitely getting this once it's on the market.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    That is amazing good work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sllow View Post
    Thanks for clarification. Two more questions then: ETA for a release? Pricing?
    All assets are ready to go, but now I want to finish/polish learning materials, sample level and trailer. I think may take 1-2 weeks max. Closer to this date I will send project to Trello board and then Vote & Pray

I'm inclined to set price tag in 10$-15$ range and release packs with new content somewhat-regularly. I want to experiment with different themes(new textures and materials) and features(Vertex animated content and meshes which scaled only partially) For example box with soft chamfered corners which keep their proportions during scaling! WiP video to illustrate what I'm talking about:

Originally posted by sinoth View Post
    Great presentation! I can see using this over BSP. The only thing I can imagine adding would be some procedural meshes... stuff like a partial slice of a sphere/cylinder in degrees, how many vertices to use in curved pieces, etc. Honestly not sure how useful that would be though, as those pieces wouldn't align as well with the other static pieces that are designed to fit together. Just a thought!
    Thanks Sinoth!
    Yeah, I totally get what you're talking about! I've been thinking about same stuff, these "slices" are essential for designing objects and I'm trying to provide enough of them! As always, simple example

Sometimes slices won't align perfectly to other grids, but I think it's a good trade-off, new "seams" will be hidden most of the time, but you will get more "brushes" to play with

Feel free to make requests while I have some time to integrate new objects!
    Last edited by zeOrb; 03-17-2015, 11:05 AM. Reason: updated quote

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great presentation! I can see using this over BSP. The only thing I can imagine adding would be some procedural meshes... stuff like a partial slice of a sphere/cylinder in degrees, how many vertices to use in curved pieces, etc. Honestly not sure how useful that would be though, as those pieces wouldn't align as well with the other static pieces that are designed to fit together. Just a thought!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for clarification. Two more questions then: ETA for a release? Pricing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sllow View Post
    Its something similar to this?
    Hey Sllow!
    Well, Greyboxing kit is more about blueprints and assets for newbies to place working stuff like buttons and doors, rather than materials. Greyboxing material aligned to the world coordinates, so it always get distortions on curvy surfaces. Also texture will scroll through your object like a projection and won't rotate properly.
    Here Screenshot from Greyboxing kit(Not to bash, but for easy comparison. It is a good product, but it's not material oriented as you can see)

Thanks for your interest!
    Last edited by zeOrb; 03-17-2015, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its something similar to this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Personality View Post
    Looks great! Just another feature that should be built into UE4!
    My thoughts exactly.
    UE4 is great for big well-thought projects with a team of level designers and artists, but it doesn't offer this kind of tools for building quick assets on the fly. Resizing an asset means resizing its texture, that's really a hassle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X