• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I am so excited for this! XD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look great, and like it will make laying out a level a good bit quicker/easier. Why is it not available yet? I've seen two epic employees wanting to buy it.... release. release. release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This project is looking great, I can it will be cool for some rapid prototyping styles. I will be curious to see if it suits my own.

Best of luck with it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why won't you take my money already?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    At some point we could start a STAiRs WARS!
    Well only for this, you got my respect, nice one XD
    Last edited by Hevedy; 03-26-2015, 06:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You've got another purchase here when this hits the marketplace.

Hopefully you will be starting this process soon, because I can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The things are becoming pretty nice, everything that can help us to prototype levels are really useful - player scale, distance measurements and all these small details make a big difference!

I'll buy it when released, do you have an estimative of when will it be released?!

Kind Regards!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice! Looks like you got a lot of interest in the item already (judging by the # of votes)

I probably won't be using this myself, I could get most of this by using object space instead of world space UVs - would just need to make some small adjustments to my existing material I think. However, I think it looks interesting for many users! And has some neat features that mine doesn't

Having some utility like player scale or distance measurements etc. would make this a good item to buy when you are greyboxing your game!

Good luck!

- Tom

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks fantastic! Any idea on when you might be releasing this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this looks so cool, good job!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Hello dgrieshofer! Thanks!
    Oh, it totally slipped my mind!
    I've added some variation: 45°, 35°, 22.5° and 11.25°
    I've changed your values, because some of them won't align properly with grid, I hope it's not critical! But if it is - tell me and I will try to add additional models
    Well that was quick. Sounds good, aligning stuff on the grid is definitely essential.

Makes me wonder how well one could build simple architecture just with those basic simples. For door arches we would probably still need the edge pieces. Like take a cube and cut out one quarter of a cylinder.

Anyway keep up the good work.
    Last edited by dgrieshofer; 03-24-2015, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hevedy View Post

Stairs, everywhere for free xD
    At some point we could start a STAiRs WARS!

Originally posted by dgrieshofer View Post
    This is awesome. Building and iterating on levels as fast as possible is a really good idea to improve quality of the final game.

Not sure what all your planned meshes are but I think I have not seen slanted cubes yet which would allow to build slanted pillars/walls without pieces intersecting with others. Like non-curved pieces for your "SuperGrid_RingPiece" and "SuperGrid_RingQuarter" to allow for transitions between perfectly vertical pillars to an angled ones. 45°, 33.75°, 22.5° and 12.25° would probably be good choices.

Looking forward to your final product.
    Hello dgrieshofer! Thanks!
    Oh, it totally slipped my mind!
    I've added some variation: 45°, 35°, 22.5° and 11.25°
    I've changed your values, because some of them won't align properly with grid, I hope it's not critical! But if it is - tell me and I will try to add additional models

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is awesome. Building and iterating on levels as fast as possible is a really good idea to improve quality of the final game.

Not sure what all your planned meshes are but I think I have not seen slanted cubes yet which would allow to build slanted pillars/walls without pieces intersecting with others. Like non-curved pieces for your "SuperGrid_RingPiece" and "SuperGrid_RingQuarter" to allow for transitions between perfectly vertical pillars to an angled ones. 45°, 33.75°, 22.5° and 12.25° would probably be good choices.

Looking forward to your final product.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Stairs, everywhere for free xD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Little update

I'm thinking about making tutorial level into standalone executable mini-introductional-game to add ability to check materials, meshes, pivot points and etc before purchase if you wish so!
    Sneak peek:

I plan to expand mesh sets, materials and features so it's some sort of foundation for future content as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X