No announcement yet.

SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a positive note, new update just hit the Marketplace!

Content
    • New SuperGrid Master BP - allows to change materials of all SuperGrid meshes on the level simultaneously
    • New SuperGrid Group BP - allows to assign single material to group of SuperGrid meshes and manipulate them
    • New Stairs BP- basic dynamic stairs implementation tht utilizes SuperGrid material features [Extended in next update]
    • New SuperGrid Wall BP - create SuperGrid walls by drawing spline
    • New Material: Painted Panels
    • New Material: Holographic Refractions
    • New Material: Metal Hexagons
    • New Changelog UI BP in Lobby - Stay on grid!
    • New Mesh & Texture: Ramp - create walkable slopes

Bugfixes & updates
    • Improved and refactored Character blueprint
    • Platform BP has been updated with new functionality
    • Smooth crouch animation for Character blueprint [Press CTRL to enjoy!]
    • Chamber 1.0.2 has been finished
    • Chamber 1.1 has been added
    • Lobby has been improved with new icons, portals and UI
    • Fixed Broken LUTs
    • Fixed incorrect UV scaling on Stairs mesh
    • Fixed various errors in logs[Deprecated nodes, Lighting issues and etc]
    • Fixed a collision issue with Stairs and Plane meshes
    • Various Bugfixes
    SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
    Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Hi Zeorb. That's a real shame about UT!!
      I really looked forward to using this in UT . I guess it's out of your hands. I'm interested in keeping SuperGrid (no refund) though as its a really good idea you have. My only problem apart from the UT compatibility is making custom meshes. Could you do a tutorial and put it on youtube on how to make custom meshes? is that possible? I've tried but i found it really hard lining up the UVs. Custom meshes would be killer for this i think. The possibility would be endless then. I'm sure other peeps would be interested as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Montana View Post
        My only problem apart from the UT compatibility is making custom meshes. Could you do a tutorial and put it on youtube on how to make custom meshes? is that possible? I've tried but i found it really hard lining up the UVs. Custom meshes would be killer for this i think. The possibility would be endless then. I'm sure other peeps would be interested as well.
        +1 for a howto make the things rights for lining up UV for custom meshes for dummies.

Even with a cube i can't export it from blender to UE4 :
        Click image for larger version

Name:	deleteme-supergrid-meshes.png
Views:	1
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	1104130
        right; the Supergrid cube mesh
        left, my mesh (everythings seems ok as long as the transformation keep a cube)
        middle, my mesh, same transformation that right. For me it looks like the front and the side the "row and column" are inverted (top is ok)

Comment

[MENTION=1445]zeOrb[/MENTION]

How do we download the latest version? I don't see the new description in the marketplace, (this was my first purchase, so I don't really understand how updating items works yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Montana View Post
            Hi Zeorb. That's a real shame about UT!!
            I really looked forward to using this in UT . I guess it's out of your hands. I'm interested in keeping SuperGrid (no refund) though as its a really good idea you have. My only problem apart from the UT compatibility is making custom meshes. Could you do a tutorial and put it on youtube on how to make custom meshes? is that possible? I've tried but i found it really hard lining up the UVs. Custom meshes would be killer for this i think. The possibility would be endless then. I'm sure other peeps would be interested as well.

Originally posted by sylvain_l View Post
            +1 for a howto make the things rights for lining up UV for custom meshes for dummies.

Even with a cube i can't export it from blender to UE4 :
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]87636[/ATTACH]
            right; the Supergrid cube mesh
            left, my mesh (everythings seems ok as long as the transformation keep a cube)
            middle, my mesh, same transformation that right. For me it looks like the front and the side the "row and column" are inverted (top is ok)
            Gotcha folks!
            I'll try to release docs on how to create meshes next week. Basically UV shells should be real world size(uv 0-1 space = 1m), should be correctly aligned to direction of scaling and origin point of scaling should match proper corner of UV shell. I'll make it more clear in tutorial

Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post

How do we download the latest version? I don't see the new description in the marketplace, (this was my first purchase, so I don't really understand how updating items works yet)
            Whenever there is an update - you will be prompted to update base project in your Library, but my guess is you purchased it after update so you already should have it!

Comment

Ah, Ok thanks I see it now!

I was waiting for the update before creating the project, I didn't realize that the update would happen from creating the project. LOL
              Thank you! This pack looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                Gotcha folks!
                I'll try to release docs on how to create meshes next week. Basically UV shells should be real world size(uv 0-1 space = 1m), should be correctly aligned to direction of scaling and origin point of scaling should match proper corner of UV shell. I'll make it more clear in tutorial
                Cube mastered

The big problem for me is that I use Blender, and everything is messed up. What's up in the UV editor must be down on the mesh so it get right when imported in UE4. That makes things very counterintuitive for me. (need to mirror and rotate the faces in the UV).

perhaps my default settings need to be adjusted

don't know if it's already reported, there's is a bug with the arches:

Name:	deleteme_sg_archbug.png
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	1104291

Comment

Weeee *bow* master ^^
                  All that shiny stuff.
                  Uhoh thank you very much.
                  My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
                  UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

Having a dynamic window that can be resized would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                      Having a dynamic window that can be resized would be awesome
                      Agreed, I'm building my house layout, and a dynamic window would save me heaps of time.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=1445]zeOrb[/MENTION] master
                        UhOh fancy spline wall tool is still inside Supergrid, but i could not find it.
                        I get no updatenotification for Supergrid inside the UE4 launcher and when i create a fresh project for SG, then i could not see the fancy splinestuff, for example.
                        Do i something wrong?

Name:	Zeorb_SG.jpg
Size:	644.2 KB
ID:	1105252
                        My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
                        UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

Cool tool - will def be buying soon. Just curious whether SuperGrid will work with the Unreal Editor in VR mode? I know the UE4 VR Editor is still in early development but having SuperGrid fully functioning in VR could lead to interesting possibilities.

Comment

So I'm using SuperGrid and I'm trying to bake static lighting. However, when I do so everything just turns pitch black after building the lighting. Any help?

Comment

Heeeyy folks, sooo, there is rating system noow... I would be suuuper thankful for some upvotes! If you liked SuperGrid, of course =)

Originally posted by Arikhitech View Post
                              Cool tool - will def be buying soon. Just curious whether SuperGrid will work with the Unreal Editor in VR mode? I know the UE4 VR Editor is still in early development but having SuperGrid fully functioning in VR could lead to interesting possibilities.
                              I think it should work fine in VR, but I have not tested it. But yeah, I think SuperGrid would be cool in something like Leap motion Orion demo
                              Originally posted by darkpivot View Post
                              So I'm using SuperGrid and I'm trying to bake static lighting. However, when I do so everything just turns pitch black after building the lighting. Any help?
                              Hello!
                              Well, meshes should work fine from the box - tutorial level built with static lighting...
                              Any details on your setup would help to solve the issue. Is it movable mesh in static lit environment? Have you reimported meshes or did something "unorthodox"?

Comment

Well, meshes should work fine from the box - tutorial level built with static lighting...
                                Any details on your setup would help to solve the issue. Is it movable mesh in static lit environment? Have you reimported meshes or did something "unorthodox"?
                                Nope. Running UE4 4.11. Just a small map made with the box meshes. Everything is static, but building static lights just results in black. :/

Edit: okay, I think it has something to do with the box mesh lightmap. i must have screwed something up with it. i tried migrating a new version of the asset in but it doesn't seem to fix it though? seems the lightmaps are working properly on the other meshes.

EDIT 2: Nevermind! I just re-imported the box mesh manually from a new version of the base project. Everything works now. Sorry!
                                Last edited by darkpivot; 05-21-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X