SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Hey folks, so I've talked with Marketplace team about "Add to project" functionality and seems like it's impossible to implement if you have more than 1 level. Of course I don't want to remove my Tutorial level, it's like a heart and soul of the pack I've talked with Stephanie and maybe it will be possible in the future, but of course it's only a chance and no ETA.

So I've been thinking about it and here is one of my solution I want to try and really want feedback from you guys on this idea:
    I'll create a pure content pack without demo level that contains materials and textures from starter pack AND new ones in "prototyping" style with a 9.99$ price tag(No changes to price in future) and will gift this pack to everyone who already have Starter Pack so you'll be able to add to your project this lightweight pack!

Pros:
    1. I'll have cheap entry level SuperGrid pack with materials only(Usually you don't need a lot of tutorial BPs and demo level in YOUR project so it could be a better option for some people)
    2. Everyone who has Starter Pack will get Add to project functionality + new stuff for free.

Cons:
    1. Add to project is pretty fundamental thing and having another pack for this is weird, but well, either that or nothing due to current tech. limitations
    2. People may think it's a cash grab - paying for such fundamental thing is nonsense! That's why I want to give it like a gift to current users, I think you know my intention is not to f you over, but on the contrary.

And yeah, all feature updates for StarterPack will be added to the little one.
    What are your thoughts on this, guys? Is it nice or not?
    Not sure I understand, can't you just pack it with one map then make any other maps made with it available at your website?
    Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

I don't really have a problem with how it is now, but it could be made easier by having all necesary things in a big "Migrate Me" folder. Things like the maps and character BP could be in another folder.

Comment

Originally posted by arbopa View Post
        Not sure I understand, can't you just pack it with one map then make any other maps made with it available at your website?
        I'm not planning to have more than 1 map, but there is requirement for Marketplace products - Overview map which shows assets and can't be excluded(I've asked if it possible to replace Overview with my tutorial map and the answer was negative)
        So if I choose to keep only one map it will be Overview map, not the tutorial. And I think keeping that map as a DLC is more inconvenient than migrating assets

Originally posted by _cDub View Post
        I don't really have a problem with how it is now, but it could be made easier by having all necesary things in a big "Migrate Me" folder. Things like the maps and character BP could be in another folder.
        Yeah, probably I should do something like this anyway!
        SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
        Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

I'm not planning to have more than 1 map, but there is requirement for Marketplace products - Overview map which shows assets and can't be excluded(I've asked if it possible to replace Overview with my tutorial map and the answer was negative)
          Well that's a silly requirement, or silly that you can not 'add' if there is more than one map. They really should simply fix that. I wonder if it's possible to just have the start point in the demo map have a large area that shows all the assets... or if they require you to be a 'camera' rather than 'character' so you can fly around... seems like they didn't think it through.
          Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

So got a question -

Are these meshes light mappable?

Just curious,

HeadClot

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
              So got a question -

Are these meshes light mappable?

Just curious,

HeadClot
              Do they work with lightmass? Sure, all screenshots are with baked lighting and whole demo level as well

Comment

Just bought this last night after watching Kitatus's stream, now I'm wondering why I didn't pick it up ages ago

Noticed one thing, if I rotate the steps 180 on Z and then scale in Y the texture stretches, is that something you're aware of? I'm probably missing something as I've only been trying it out for a hour or so!

EDIT: One quick question ... the pivot positioning I've seen mentioned, is that MMB on the transform widget?

Awesome work zeOrb, thank you.
                Last edited by MajorFailure; 11-09-2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorFailure View Post
                  Just bought this last night after watching Kitatus's stream, now I'm wondering why I didn't pick it up ages ago

Noticed one thing, if I rotate the steps 180 on Z and then scale in Y the texture stretches, is that something you're aware of? I'm probably missing something as I've only been trying it out for a hour or so!

EDIT: One quick question ... the pivot positioning I've seen mentioned, is that MMB on the transform widget?

Awesome work zeOrb, thank you.
                  Hey MajorFailure, thanks for kind words!

Hmm.. Could you specify which mesh you're using?
                  Hotkey is Alt+MMB, it works only in orthographic view though

Comment

Hey MajorFailure, thanks for kind words!

Hmm.. Could you specify which mesh you're using?
                    Hotkey is Alt+MMB, it works only in orthographic view though
                    Ok thanks!

The mesh is SuperGrid_Stairs, rotate it 180 on Z, then scale on Y.

Cheers.

Comment

I can not say it often enough, how happy i am about SG.
                      Best learning ressource for beginners, so far i had a look inside Marketplacestuff.
                      I personal own only two products, but through another project with a very nice Forummember i got access to many legal marketplace items (thanks again if you read) and there is very complicated stuff, or not even cleaned and commented noodlesoup(BP wire).
                      Zeorb Master did a very great job with this SG thing, and for me a bit lazy, i reuse every piece of Supergrid. ^^

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenBeamLogoTower.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	573.9 KB
ID:	1093278
                      My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
                      UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

Nice! Is that a customized SG material or some kind of post process?

Comment

@_cDub
                          Thank you, yes both. Custom and PP everywhere (and headbobbing). ^^
                          My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
                          UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

Hi!

I tryed to get it work in the UT Editor, but it does not work for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	grid.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	1094241

I dont know what doing wrong...i did it like ze0rbs post.

Comment

Originally posted by NichtSchalten View Post
                              Hi!

I tryed to get it work in the UT Editor, but it does not work for me. [ATTACH=CONFIG]68161[/ATTACH]

I dont know what doing wrong...i did it like ze0rbs post.
                              Hey NichtSchalten!
                              I can't say for sure now, but I think UT editor have not been updated to the latest version of UE4, right?
                              If so - try to download from Launcher earlier version of SuperGrid and then import it into UT

Comment

Ok folks, if you have not heard yet(Dunno how, all my social channels are just exploded with this stuff ) - CYBER MONDAY IS HERE!
                                And now it's your chance to grab SuperGrid with neat 30% discount! Of course I'm a little biased(After all I'm the developer ), but it's kiiinda good - one of Marketplace bestsellers, only 5-starts reviews with more than 800 users(And I hope we will hit 1'000 before the year ends) soo... JOIN US!

As a less biased recommendation - definitely check out Allar Generic shooter if you're interested in creating a FULLY FUNCTIONAL MULTIPLAYER(!) shooter game with BP!

Cheers!
                                Last edited by zeOrb; 11-30-2015, 02:03 PM. Reason: lol, I've added link to Allar Shooter, but forgot to SuperGrid :D

Comment

Working...
                                X