SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have had so much fun building test levels with this kit, it's so simple to use and extend! I also LOVE those hologram materials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just purchased this, actually my first marketplace purchase in general. I was really blown away by the level telling you about the pack and such. Really amazing setup, i've yet to use it but i know this is going to be something i migrate into every project i make.

EDIT : I've now used it and, This is literally the best thing I've ever touched. I have no words at how awesome this pack is. Speechless.

EDIT 2 : This is seriously one of the most amazing things I've ever used. A pack like this doesn't have a quantifiable value in my opinion. It has saved me so much time in the little time that I've used it, that i can only imagine the time it will save me in general overall.

I think someone said that this pack has set the bar of quality for the marketplace, and they are soo right.
    Last edited by SaxonRah; 05-13-2015, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i love this, im not much of a designer but this has sped up my creation of test maps for my games mechanics prototyping

<3 it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bought it when it came out... only briefly messed with it, but work is keeping me away from geeking out, so I hope to get into it and use it for some level design soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Y'Know what, this is awesome.

I just bought one and this is definitely the thing on Marketplace that has impressed me the most so far. Demo level is fantastic and the fact that it's interactive and almost like a mini-game makes it even cooler.

That and the whole 'atmosphere' it gives off... really awesome. Well worth the money people, and then some. Better than a whole heap of environment starter packs that are out there right now IMO. The standard is set right here!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    No need to wait for UT 4.8 update, I've fixed this issue internally and will push update to the Marketplace next week
    Here we go!

Probably will include some new stuff

oh yes
    counting the days

Leave a comment:

• replied
    zeOrb: I purchased SuperGrid yesterday. This is exactly the kind of content that the Marketplace needs, IMO. As a noob to UE4, anything that can help make productivity and creativity easier, is greatly appreciated. The cost vs value of this starter pack is perfect, and other sellers should take note. Thank you for making this available on the Marketplace, and i look fwd to seeing future content from you.

PS: my fav is the animated & glowing grid materials...would love to see much more of that in a material pack
    Last edited by CURTROCK; 05-10-2015, 11:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No need to wait for UT 4.8 update, I've fixed this issue internally and will push update to the Marketplace next week
    Here we go!

Nice, i will wait thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by labidus View Post
    Migrate do nothing more then just Copy, I tried, nothing change since they just copy the file, since 4.7.3 does not work with 4.7, it is not working. Hopefully UT will merge with 4.8 soon so this problem will be resolved...
    Here we go!

Last edited by zeOrb; 05-10-2015, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hm, what do you mean by SuperGrid editor? Unreal Editor with opened SuperGrid project?
    If you could work with SuperGrid in Unreal Engine editor then you could simply migrate assets from supergrid project to yours. Check out last paragraph of Marketplace FAQ
    Migrate do nothing more then just Copy, I tried, nothing change since they just copy the file, since 4.7.3 does not work with 4.7, it is not working. Hopefully UT will merge with 4.8 soon so this problem will be resolved...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok I will have to wait, at least I can create a map in supergrid editor but I dont see the map on my editor, it's probably related to the version 4.7 vs 4.7.3 too...
    Hm, what do you mean by SuperGrid editor? Unreal Editor with opened SuperGrid project?
    If you could work with SuperGrid in Unreal Engine editor then you could simply migrate assets from supergrid project to yours. Check out last paragraph of Marketplace FAQ

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok I will have to wait, at least I can create a map in supergrid editor but I dont see the map on my editor, it's probably related to the version 4.7 vs 4.7.3 too...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by slot9 View Post
    Just played the demo level. Great music, very well done!
    Originally posted by Sllow View Post
    Just bought, very impressed so far.
    Thanks guys, I'm glad you are having fun with it!

Originally posted by Kia View Post
    So, I've got that package as I am a programmer and nothing of a designer I thought giving this a try won't harm.
    Here is my first result:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38612[/ATTACH]

A simple bhop map (see Quake 3 or Counter-Strike for reference) made within minutes.
    So, if you struggle making maps or designing at all...buy that package.
    Cool to see it in action, great job!

Hi I just buy this, demo looks great!

My question is: I copy/paste the SuperGrid folder from your content dir to my current project content, when I am in the editor, I go in Content/SuperGrid and select a mesh to put in the map but I cannot, same thing for the texture, what I need to do to add supergrid on my existing project?

Also I tried on your demo, since I am noob in this U4editor, what is the key to SCALE/ROTATE object, lol thanks for your help.

Thanks!
    I have the same issues, my project start from UT insead of a game sample, when I copy SuperGrid in UT content, I see the files in the editor but I cannot select any meshes to create a map.

Code:
    LogLinker:Warning: Asset '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.uasset' has been saved with engine version newer than current and therefore can't be loaded. CurrEngineVersion: 4.7.0-2444617+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7 AssetEngineVersion: 4.7.3-2479750+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7
    LogLinker:Warning: The file '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.uasset' contains unrecognizable data, check that it is of the expected type.
    LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Object /Game/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.SuperGrid_Box'
    Hey Labidus, currently there is a problem with UT editor. I've used 4.7.3 version to build this project, but UT editor is 4.7.0 thus assets won't load
    However, problem is addressed and will be fixed in the first update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
    ok, that would be great
    I'll buy it as soon as it's working in the UT-editor,
    because, to be honest, now that most of my imported stuff and files in the UT-editor are working, I don't want to import and tweak all of them again by compiling a new UT-editor

...some things are working fine if you copy a folder into the UT-ContentFolder, others don't... (from a beginner's point of view)
    and also migrating files from an UE-project to the UT-editor doesn't always work (e.g. if you're migrating the "Game Textures Free Materials Pack" you have to re-insert the textures in the Material Editor)
    I have the same issues, my project start from UT insead of a game sample, when I copy SuperGrid in UT content, I see the files in the editor but I cannot select any meshes to create a map.

Code:
    LogLinker:Warning: Asset '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.uasset' has been saved with engine version newer than current and therefore can't be loaded. CurrEngineVersion: 4.7.0-2444617+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7 AssetEngineVersion: 4.7.3-2479750+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7
    LogLinker:Warning: The file '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.uasset' contains unrecognizable data, check that it is of the expected type.
    LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Object /Game/SuperGrid/Source/Meshes/SuperGrid_Box.SuperGrid_Box'
    Last edited by labidus; 05-09-2015, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just bought, very impressed so far.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X