Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
    I have a question.
    Is the player camera setup in a special way?
    I have some strange things happening with reflective materials.
    It seems that i am in the center of a sphere and only outside are reflections calculated or something.
    An example, i have an animated texture on one wall and the reflections (mirror) are on the other wall(s), but not animated.(When i stay close to the surface).
    Only when walking away some steps ( perhaps 25 units), the reflection starts to overlap the still image of the texture and you get the animated one.
    Hmm, could you show a video or gif? Sounds like 2 different reflections captures interfere with each other
    edit: Oh, I think I got it. You're switching from sphere ref. capture(blurry and static) to screen space reflection(nice and dynamic). I don't think I could help with this Mirrors are hard to get in UE4 to be honest, I don't think there is any hack beside using capture scenes =/
    Last edited by zeOrb; 10-20-2015, 04:08 PM.
    SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
    Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
      Hmm, could you show a video or gif?..
      edit: Oh, I think I got it. You're switching from sphere ref. capture(blurry and static) to screen space reflection(nice and dynamic). .
      I dunno what i am doing. ^^
      Hm ok i thought it has something to do with project settings.
      The first problem with "not updating" is gone, it was not possible to bake lightning with that rotating and scaling material, dunno why.
      But these "shadowingstuff" is still there, i made a vid, but i think it is the problematic stuff, you talked about.
      Last edited by Luftbauch; 10-20-2015, 08:27 PM.
      My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
      UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

I dunno what i am doing. ^^
        Hm ok i thought it has something to do with project settings.
        The first problem with "not updating" is gone, it was not possible to bake lightning with that rotating and scaling material, dunno why.
        But these "shadowingstuff" is still there, i made a vid, but i think it is the problematic stuff, you talked about.
        Nice visuals
        Yeah, this is SSR problem :< You can try to adjust settings in Post Processing volume (Search for Screen Space) to help it, but it mostly for quality of reflected image, not "quantity".
        Folks from this thread tried to overcome this problem and somewhat-succeeded, check it out!

Comment

Nice visuals
          Thank you very much master.
          Without supergrid i never learned blueprintstuff like in this video.
          I remeshed most parts of SG in the meanwhile, but even without that it was the piece, i liked to put my freetime into and learn stuff, aside basic modeling.
          Some of the original SG rounded corner assets(example) are not sharing same edgecount, but no bigge.
          Watch it maximized please, it is HD.

Last edited by Luftbauch; 10-23-2015, 07:47 AM.
          My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff

Comment

Thank you very much master.
            Without supergrid i never learned blueprintstuff like in this video.
            I remeshed most parts of SG in the meanwhile, but even without that it was the piece, i liked to put my freetime into and learn stuff, aside basic modeling.
            Some of the original SG rounded corner assets(example) are not sharing same edgecount, but no bigge.
            Watch it maximized please, it is HD.

Shiny!
            Oh, I'm happy you found this interesting! Also, after watching your video I realized huge lack of lasers in SuperGrid, maybe I should add some

Comment

Shiny!
              Oh, I'm happy you found this interesting! Also, after watching your video I realized huge lack of lasers in SuperGrid, maybe I should add some
              So tron materials? :P

Also, I bet a Minecraft-esque would draw some attention. All you would need is the same texture for the sides and bottom and another for the top.

Comment

[*]Fixed UV scaling issue at 220 and higher unit scale
                So I updated today and notice this still happens in the latest version?

Comment

Originally posted by iMuse View Post
                  So I updated today and notice this still happens in the latest version?
                  Thanks for the report and sorry for this issue - seems like I forgot to merge this fix into release version, I'll send hotfix today.

Originally posted by _cDub View Post
                  So tron materials? :P

Also, I bet a Minecraft-esque would draw some attention. All you would need is the same texture for the sides and bottom and another for the top.
                  I've got request for "multi-textured" materials a couple days ago, probably minecraft-esque material is the best example of this

Comment

Great updates - easily one of the best marketplace items out there.

Would it make sense to sell texture packs seperately?
                    Reason I'm asking is because I believe addional game ready textures are up to everyones personal taste.
                    Instead I'd love to see the core functionality being developed further. For example additional shapes, scales, fluid prototyping, more / improved prototyping textures for example.

Comment

Thank you master, great stuff again.
                      Very nice reflections.
                      Originally posted by dottedfish View Post
                      Would it make sense to sell texture packs seperately?
                      *mmmhhh* i smell bad suggestion.
                      Originally posted by dottedfish View Post
                      ... developed further. For example additional shapes, scales, fluid prototyping, more / improved prototyping textures for example.
                      It is very easy to make new shapes, with blender for example.
                      For me was sg a great starting point for learning basics of masked texturestuff.
                      Why not keeping all together and raise up the price?
                      Then early supporters have an advantage, i would like that.
                      Last edited by Luftbauch; 10-31-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Why not keeping all together and raise up the price?
                        Then early supporters have an advantage, i would like that.
                        I agree

Comment

Hey folks, so I've talked with Marketplace team about "Add to project" functionality and seems like it's impossible to implement if you have more than 1 level. Of course I don't want to remove my Tutorial level, it's like a heart and soul of the pack I've talked with Stephanie and maybe it will be possible in the future, but of course it's only a chance and no ETA.

So I've been thinking about it and here is one of my solution I want to try and really want feedback from you guys on this idea:
                          I'll create a pure content pack without demo level that contains materials and textures from starter pack AND new ones in "prototyping" style with a 9.99$ price tag(No changes to price in future) and will gift this pack to everyone who already have Starter Pack so you'll be able to add to your project this lightweight pack!

Pros:
                          1. I'll have cheap entry level SuperGrid pack with materials only(Usually you don't need a lot of tutorial BPs and demo level in YOUR project so it could be a better option for some people)
                          2. Everyone who has Starter Pack will get Add to project functionality + new stuff for free.

Cons:
                          1. Add to project is pretty fundamental thing and having another pack for this is weird, but well, either that or nothing due to current tech. limitations
                          2. People may think it's a cash grab - paying for such fundamental thing is nonsense! That's why I want to give it like a gift to current users, I think you know my intention is not to f you over, but on the contrary.

And yeah, all feature updates for StarterPack will be added to the little one.
                          What are your thoughts on this, guys? Is it nice or not?

Comment

Heya Master.
                            Your system is very nice and i like it, how it is now.
                            I started with your pack as learning ressource and even i was a bloody amateur it was very useful, had a great usability and reusability for me.
                            This "add to project" stuff was not important to me, but is perhaps for others.
                            They still could copy and paste nodesystems, when variables and stuff before is created inside target-bp it is no biggie, or miss i something?

Comment

Heya Master.
                              Your system is very nice and i like it, how it is now.
                              I started with your pack as learning ressource and even i was a bloody amateur it was very useful, had a great usability and reusability for me.
                              This "add to project" stuff was not important to me, but is perhaps for others.
                              They still could copy and paste nodesystems, when variables and stuff before is created inside target-bp it is no biggie, or miss i something?
                              Hey!
                              Thanks for participating in the discussion!
                              Yeah, of course it possible just to copy-paste, but I think it's a matter of convenience. "Add to project' is the most requestable feature I've seen so far - it's on my personal mail, support mail, marketplace comments and in this thread - I just can't ignore it anymore =D

Comment

I just can't ignore it anymore =D
                                Then your Idea/solution is a nice way to handle situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X