Clear All

• replied
    Just got the update for this zeOrb thanks very much.TOP STUFF

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice and smart update.
    You asked about feedback and ratings.
    The feedbackthing i could do here.
    Yes i like it, how you handle your project/update.
    When you add more content, it is always good for your happy customers.
    With your Lobby and the feedbackhints you get more feedback and i bet more sells.
    Always good too have a smart presidente!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello zeOrb! Supergrid has really changed & simplified the way i build rooms/levels/spaces in UE4. Its fantastic. Have you ever given any thought to releasing a pack that could apply the same ease of use of Supergrid, to the issue of 3D text in UE4. I know most people create their 3D text for menus and HUD's in other programs and then import them into UE4. I would love to see something on the Marketplace that could provide a collection of EASY to use/scale 3D text fonts, with cool materials, so i wouldn't have to make/import it from other programs. The reason i mention this here, is that you made working with GRIDS so easy & fun, i was wondering if you could apply some of that magic to 3D text, in UE4?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The update is out and work on UT! thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
    Ty for your kind words El Presidente,
    I am total sucked into these materials like a cottonwool ball into a tornado.
    I made a window segment with blender (no "overlapping" when you see it from outside), for wall-BP-window and it works nice, but can you tell me please how to align them centered onto these small bars?
    Is there a magic option inside the blueprint, before i try to rearrange all origins?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]39941[/ATTACH]
    I've tried to depict this mesh as a hotdog, but failed miserably, I hope you won't mind!
    You picked the wrong section of this mesh - you should use "first row" of polygons ie bun instead of "second row"(mayonnaise)

I've attached correct version for you to look at!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ty for your kind words El Presidente,
    I am total sucked into these materials like a cottonwool ball into a tornado.
    I made a window segment with blender (no "overlapping" when you see it from outside), for wall-BP-window and it works nice, but can you tell me please how to align them centered onto these small bars?
    Is there a magic option inside the blueprint, before i try to rearrange all origins?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	center.png
Views:	1
Size:	454.0 KB
ID:	1076605
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi El Presidente,
    some weirdoquestions ahead, from an amateur.
    About M_Utility_Demo_Float: When i drag SG_Cone in map and Apply M_Utility_Demo_Float, the cone is floating.
    When i drag (for example) SG_Box / SG_Hex (Mesh) into map and apply same material, it start only to float, after uniform scale +/- for me.
    Greetings, User!
    Indeed, there is a problem in the way how floating is calculated and it will be fixed in 1.0.2

I've been using Frac that outputs decimal part of Object position / 0.2 from Divide node to set random max height of floating. So, if you use snapping for object movement then your Object position is an integer that does not have decimal part from dividing by 0.2 and you had to move/scale/rotate object a little bit to get it working. To fix it - simply change 0.2 from Divide node to 0.164231 or any similar value!

When i stand up on a floating cube with same material, i get black flickering onto mat/text, player position is not updatet, along the collisionbox (not floating). Texturediving.
    It is the main drawback of such vertex animation - it's only visual, without any logic applied. However it's muuuch cheaper than any other animation so it's great tool to use on objects which player can't access, but could see!
    About Material editing T_Basic_Grid: I tried to archieve some pipeflow effect with the SG_Meshes, and when i swap the textures with red dots it flows in one axis direction. When i apply green dots, it follows another axis, along mesh.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]39932[/ATTACH]
    Your Holomaterial and the seperation of the colors, to accomplish the movement is so nice and easy editable.

Is it right, to control the aligment of textureshifting, inside the material editor"M_SuperGrid_Holo***, "Generate UV for small and big grids"-"PatternX"-"PatternY"?
    I do not really understand, how this channelsplitting works, tried many seamless patterns, looking good, but never like expected.
    Actually it is simpler than you thought, but I like your idea much more than current implementation and will try to add this in new versions of the pack!

These panners are doing all the job and you could change speed for X/Y in their settings. As you can see - it's impossible to access this values directly, so I will recreate panner node with ability to use texture masks to move stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    Can't be worse than my ex-wife ... I'll take my chances.

Long live zePresident ... 8-}

I actually have a whole game idea that is going to use this entire set and I might only change the textures ... see how it pans out once I get the kit.
    I could use your ex as a prototype... But better not
    Can't wait to see! ^o^

Originally posted by labidus View Post
    I see 4.7/4.8 now, I install 4.7 on a folder, COPY/PASTE the SuperGrid folder from Content to UnrealTournament Content folder? I still got the same error, I bet they are something I need to do differently?

Thanks!
    Hey Labidus, it's not live yet :<
    I think you will get notification to update SuperGrid in Launcher whenever it goes live.
    It's 5 am in Raleigh so we have to wait a little bit more

Just bought it, because i like your work. Needed moving textures (some pipeflow), great ressource to learn from
    Very personal way to build collisionboxes for some objects.
    Edit: Really great stuff. Your Holomaterials are very cool and good commented.

Happy Buyer
    Hello there, Luftbauch!
    Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi El Presidente,
    some weirdoquestions ahead, from an amateur.
    About M_Utility_Demo_Float: When i drag SG_Cone in map and Apply M_Utility_Demo_Float, the cone is floating.
    When i drag (for example) SG_Box / SG_Hex (Mesh) into map and apply same material, it start only to float, after uniform scale +/- for me.

When i stand up on a floating cube with same material, i get black flickering onto mat/text, player position is not updatet, along the collisionbox (not floating). Texturediving.

About Material editing T_Basic_Grid: I tried to archieve some pipeflow effect with the SG_Meshes, and when i swap the textures with red dots it flows in one axis direction. When i apply green dots, it follows another axis, along mesh.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sg.png
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1076603
    Is it right, to control the aligment of textureshifting, inside the material editor"M_SuperGrid_Holo***, "Generate UV for small and big grids"-"PatternX"-"PatternY"?
    I do not really understand, how this channelsplitting works, tried many seamless patterns, looking good, but never like expected.

Greetings

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see 4.7/4.8 now, I install 4.7 on a folder, COPY/PASTE the SuperGrid folder from Content to UnrealTournament Content folder? I still got the same error, I bet they are something I need to do differently?

Thanks!
    Last edited by labidus; 05-17-2015, 09:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just bought it, because i like your work. Needed moving textures (some pipeflow), great ressource to learn from
    Very personal way to build collisionboxes for some objects.
    Edit: Really great stuff. Your Holomaterials are very cool and good commented.
    Your Holomaterial and the seperation of the colors, to accomplish the movement is so nice and easy editable.

Happy Buyer
    Last edited by Luftbauch; 05-17-2015, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post

I hope you won't change your mind after purchase!
    What if zePresident is evil overlord... and forcing people to leave nice feedback on pain of destruction... There is only way to find out!

Actually, why not!
    Fear zePresident in 1.1
    Can't be worse than my ex-wife ... I'll take my chances.

Long live zePresident ... 8-}

I actually have a whole game idea that is going to use this entire set and I might only change the textures ... see how it pans out once I get the kit.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sebas View Post
    Hey impatient question is the UT bug already fixed? I just can't wait to frag in my map! THX
    Hey Sebas, I sent updated project to Epic and it should have been live already, but seems like there were some complications :c
    I think it delayed until monday =/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey impatient question is the UT bug already fixed? I just can't wait to frag in my map! THX

Leave a comment:

Working...
X