SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon Wamboldt View Post
    Yes, it seems to happen on any object at the exact same scale (between 230-235).
    Mhm, this is very weird. I mean I've tested scaling even for 1k and everything was fine, but now I'm getting this glitches in 4.8.3
    I'll download 4.7.6 and compare the results, maybe some calculation has changed in 4.8.3 =/
    SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
    Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Ok, I found the issue. For now:
      Open SuperGrid -> StarterPack -> Materials -> Functions -> UV -> UV_ObjectScalable and change value of Power node to 4 or 2.

It could add a little distortion to curvy surfaces, but should fix this issue. I will add more reliable way in the update.
      SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
      Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
        Ok, I found the issue. For now:
        Open SuperGrid -> StarterPack -> Materials -> Functions -> UV -> UV_ObjectScalable and change value of Power node to 4 or 2.

It could add a little distortion to curvy surfaces, but should fix this issue. I will add more reliable way in the update.
        Oh man, you're the best! Thank you so much for investigating this
        Last edited by Brandon Wamboldt; 08-10-2015, 04:46 PM.
        CrashGame (Working title for my survival/exploration game) - YouTube

Comment

Hey, I come from Unity and I use ProBuilder. With it you can´t export in quads (wich would allow to improve your meshes after in your modeler app), and moving vertex and or edges can be still buggy.

I was wondering about supergrid:
          1-Can you extrude faces, and/or move borders and/or vertex inside the engine? (or is this already posible in UE?).
          2-In supergrid´s page they pay a lot of attention in the materials and almost none in the meshes, are there any tutorial on the meshes itself?
          3-How do you "import the package" of supergrid? there´s little info on how to use it.
          4-After prototyping is done, will my texture keep the uvs that were layed out when I change the material to one I already have?
          5-Can you change the smoothness of the edges inside the engine?
          6-Can you change the parameters of the stair for example to define the sizes and number of the steps, etc? Where would that be?
          Thanks,
          Last edited by calpolican; 08-11-2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by calpolican View Post
            Hey, I come from Unity and I use ProBuilder. With it you can´t export in quads (wich would allow to improve your meshes after in your modeler app), and moving vertex and or edges can be still buggy.

I was wondering about supergrid:
            1-Can you extrude faces, and/or move borders and/or vertex inside the engine? (or is this already posible in UE?).
            2-In supergrid´s page they pay a lot of attention in the materials and almost none in the meshes, are there any tutorial on the meshes itself?
            3-How do you "import the package" of supergrid? there´s little info on how to use it.
            4-After prototyping is done, will my texture keep the uvs that were layed out when I change the material to one I already have?
            5-Can you change the smoothness of the edges inside the engine?
            6-Can you change the parameters of the stair for example to define the sizes and number of the steps, etc? Where would that be?
            Thanks,
            1. Nope, you can only do stuff like that with BSP.
            2. There isn't really to talk about except for the one corner BP. Take a look at that in the demo level.
            3. You'll have to create a new project and migrate the assets. You just migrate the source folder I believe
            4. What do you mean?
            5. That has to be done in your modeling software. I guess you can export the fbx and add your own smoothing groups/ extra polys that you want.
            6. I don't think so. I don't see any blueprints for stairs, just static meshes. Consider this: https://www.unrealengine.com/content...55142f0b0353a2

Comment

About my 4th question:
              For what I get supergrid will keep uniform uvs no matter how much you reshape and/or rotate a mesh, is that right?
              Well, if it is, what I was wondering was, what happen when -after reshaping my mesh (box or wathever)- I change the supergrid material to one of my own. Will the uvs retain that uniformity?

Comment

Originally posted by calpolican View Post
                About my 4th question:
                For what I get supergrid will keep uniform uvs no matter how much you reshape and/or rotate a mesh, is that right?
                Well, if it is, what I was wondering was, what happen when -after reshaping my mesh (box or wathever)- I change the supergrid material to one of my own. Will the uvs retain that uniformity?
                Using the CustomUV node that comes with SuperGrid - Sure!
                KITATUS
                "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Hello,
                  I have one question to ZeOrb : I know Supergrid is designed for "human" prototyping, but, can I automate the usage of Supergrid from Blueprint (for procedural generation of a level structure) ?
                  Thank you in advance,
                  Regards

Edit : I found the answer from your video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxUq_rD8PVM. The answer is yes, supergrid is controllable from bp.
                  Last edited by FreemanCIT; 08-18-2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                    how can i be sure, to use the actual version of supergrid?
                    I ask, because i could not find the fancy windows thing. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post310019
                    Or is it not in the supergrid package?
                    My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
                    UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

Just bought this yesterday...prototyped a level in a day. It is a freaking delight working with SupergGrid. Hands down the best prototyping tools I've used in my entire career. It's fun and quick. It also leaves the level at just the right quality bar to keep fueling iteration. I'm upset it took me this long to finally buy it. Great job on these tools. I had to log on and give you guys props.

My only crit is ramp collision for the stairs.
                      Youtube
                      Playable Prototypes
                      Portfolio
                      Art Station

Comment

Is the 1.1 update coming out soon? That one room building tool in your wip preview 7 is a must have.

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                          Hey fellas, some new stuff!

Hmm, this is extreeemely weird. Honestly - I don't know what could cause such errors

Thanks!
                          Need this update, is it out yet?
                          Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Hey guys,

Any news on this being updated for 4.9?

Thanks

Comment

Bump for update.

Comment

Working...
                              X