Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Alaan View Post
    Well this is specifically the M_Floor_Water_Mesh_Paint material found in the "Matinee" learning pack that I was using for a dirty subway area--in case you want to take a look yourself. I tried including the UV_CustomTexture and unless I'm doing it incorrectly this is what I end up with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41666[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]41667[/ATTACH]
    I've discovered that all UV calculation is inside of ML_Floor_Tile, so just replace here single UV node with UV_CustomTexture and every material based on this(Including M_Floor_Water_Mesh_Paint) should work as supergrid
    edit: Also you should revert all changes in M_Floor_Water_Mesh_Paint

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    No problem

Basically you should replace all default UV nodes with UV_CustomTexture, but I can't give 100% guarantee because I don't know what exactly all those nodes do
    Well this is specifically the M_Floor_Water_Mesh_Paint material found in the "Matinee" learning pack that I was using for a dirty subway area--in case you want to take a look yourself. I tried including the UV_CustomTexture and unless I'm doing it incorrectly this is what I end up with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gu00zzQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1079148

Name:	gCtm3h8.png
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	1079149
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KaladinRahl View Post
    awesome thx :3
    No problem

I know you've covered how you can add a simple texture to work with your gridding, but is there a way to utilize more complex material such as this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41660[/ATTACH]
    Basically you should replace all default UV nodes with UV_CustomTexture, but I can't give 100% guarantee because I don't know what exactly all those nodes do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know you've covered how you can add a simple texture to work with your gridding, but is there a way to utilize more complex material such as this?

Name:	qycuua.png
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	1079146

Leave a comment:

• replied
    awesome thx :3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah I like it a lot. I was just wondering though, is it possible to use the Epic starter content materials, or would they have to be modified to work with SuperGrid
    Yep, you need to modify material, but it's extremely easy. Just connect "UV_CustomTexture" to the UVs of textures and you're ready to go

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah I like it a lot. I was just wondering though, is it possible to use the Epic starter content materials, or would they have to be modified to work with SuperGrid

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Paycheck came early ^_^ you know what that means !

EDIT:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41647[/ATTACH]
    Are you having fun?

Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
    That reminds me of the good old hammer editor, i used the same texture there
    Oh, it is just a screenshot from Benjamin post and I believe it is exactly same texture! Sorry for the confusion, I will edit my post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Just a little heads up!
    That reminds me of the good old hammer editor, i used the same texture there

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Paycheck came early ^_^ you know what that means !

EDIT:

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1079140
    Last edited by KaladinRahl; 05-30-2015, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is a quick video to demonstrate current progress of silhouette feature.
    As always, if you have any suggestions - feel free to post them!

Originally posted by Martin Bean View Post
    Your website looks good!

Cant wait on the update, using SuperGrid alot...
    Thanks Martin, it nice to hear!

I often get bogged down with nitpicking things prior to when I really should. After finally getting around to trying this out, I must say that it is rather wonderful. The only thing that seems to be lacking is any respective method of quickly rushing out a door so that I just have to put a little text marker to remind me that I want to put a door "there" later. I know there are the arches so you could just put more blocks along the side, but its just slower than say having a blueprint that I can tick a button and a door appears. A little preference, but nothing real detractable.
    Heh, I'm glad you're not disappointed
    Yeah, I know your pain: doors, windows and etc. I'm going to address this issue after 4.8 release - new BP procedural mesh looks pretty promising!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I often get bogged down with nitpicking things prior to when I really should. After finally getting around to trying this out, I must say that it is rather wonderful. The only thing that seems to be lacking is any respective method of quickly rushing out a door so that I just have to put a little text marker to remind me that I want to put a door "there" later. I know there are the arches so you could just put more blocks along the side, but its just slower than say having a blueprint that I can tick a button and a door appears. A little preference, but nothing real detractable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your website looks good!

Cant wait on the update, using SuperGrid alot...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a little heads up!
    I was busy building a proper scalable website for supergrid, tutorials, news and future projects, but building a website from ground zero actually takes much more time than I expected =_=
    I decide to release the basic website for now and switch my focus back to real development i.e. new pack and 1.1 update.
    Right now I'm working on benjamin.smith suggestion (silhouette references for generic objects) and prototyping new pack.
    Here is example from Source that Benjamin provided:

Hiatus has ended and new stuff incoming!
    Last edited by zeOrb; 05-30-2015, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is amazing. Gonna buy it on Monday when I get paid
    It is a good deal, you won´t regret.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X