SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi El presidente,
    hope it is ok, when i ask my question here.
    When i own your nice project(yes i do), and i am in a project, where they want me to use your nice system to layout a generic level and upload it on G-Drive.
    I am the only one, who owns your system in that project.
    When i would upload it, then everyone from the team has it, without paying.
    I told them to throw the small amount of bucks to you, then would it be no problem for me.
    They do not want to throw anything at you, aside some stones at me, perhaps. ^^
    How is this generally handled?
    Best regards.
    My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
    UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

I cant find supergrid on epic game launcher marketplace. Is it removed? Does supergrid fully compatible with ue 4.8.2?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
        Hi El presidente,
        When i own your nice project(yes i do), and i am in a project, where they want me to use your nice system to layout a generic level and upload it on G-Drive.
        I told them to throw the small amount of bucks to you, then would it be no problem for me.
        Best regards.
        This should help https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...in-a-team.html

Comment

Just purchased this, I like what I see so far, but I couldn't just use the good old "Add to Project" button in the launcher, It does say "Add to project" but when you hit it it goes to "Create project" screen instead of add project. I am hoping this wasn't intentional.

I had to copy the SuperGrid content folder manually to my project.

Comment

Originally posted by tenowg View Post
            Just purchased this, I like what I see so far, but I couldn't just use the good old "Add to Project" button in the launcher, It does say "Add to project" but when you hit it it goes to "Create project" screen instead of add project. I am hoping this wasn't intentional.

This has been an issue for a while and is actually mentioned earlier in this thread. I believe it's down to Epic to fix this in the launcher.
            twitter: @NaveedHIQ

Comment

Originally posted by DavidBN View Post
              I'm getting a bunch of these warnings on SuperGrid when loading my project (seen in the Output Log):

I'm guessing this is currently safe to ignore (SuperGrid and UE4 are both at 4.8 here) but I'm wondering if something should be handled differently at my end or with SuperGrid to help highlight when components are really out of sync with the engine going forward.

David
              Hello David!

Yes, it safe to ignore for now. It just a little hack I had to implement in order to get it working in Unreal Tournament Editor, because their build ignore UE4 hotfixes and use only 4.7.0, 4.8.0 version and so on.
              In next version this message will go away - I will save assets with 4.8.0 version instead of empty version.

Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
              Hi El presidente,
              Best regards.
              Hello-hello!
              If you all are working on the same project - it's completely okay and within legal boundaries:
              All content sold on the Marketplace is licensed to the buyer (who may be either an individual or company) for the lifetime right to use the content in developing an unlimited number of products and in shipping those products. The buyer is also licensed to make the content available to employees and contractors for the sole purpose of contributing to products controlled by the buyer.
              So everything is smooth, don't worry!

Originally posted by ijam_j View Post
              I cant find supergrid on epic game launcher marketplace. Is it removed? Does supergrid fully compatible with ue 4.8.2?

Thanks.
              If you still can't find it(It in Materials/FX section) then you could purchase it in web-version and then download in Launcher.

Originally posted by tenowg View Post

Hello!
              It's covered in Marketplace FAQ.
              There are 2 types of Marketplace products - content products which you could add via this button and full product, which could not be added.
              Launcher has not implemented button for full project type, but it seems like I could change SuperGrid type to the content one and I will try to implement this in the next update.
              SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
              Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

First of all - don't hate me for multi posting, I just want to keep things clean and tidy: one post for support, one for feedback and next one for update info

Originally posted by _cDub View Post
                Super grid should be the standard for making UT maps. :P
                Haha, I wish

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                Nah man...

SuperGrid should be the standard for making ANYTHING with Unreal Engine 4.

Maps? Use SuperGrid! Paper2d? Screw it, Use SuperGrid! Animations? Find a way to use SuperGrid! Audio modulation? I'm sure you could throw enough SuperGrid at it to make it work!

But yeah; This is my favourite asset by far; And I'm going to plug the hell out of it in everything I do - It's something that I feel should be in the main engine to begin with - I feel it's that essential.

I would say that I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first - But I had no idea how simple yet awesome such an asset would be - It's something I wouldn't be able to have put together myself as I don't think outside the box / Supergrid_Cube_HighRes like ZeOrb does 8]

So yeah, Kudos ZeOrb!
                You're just tooooo-oo-o kind to me, I mean level of my blush is beyond UNREAL D:

Hah, I like your plans!
                Headlines in not so distant future: SuperGrid corp. partnering with Epic Games to create the most Superb Unreal game engine ever and the first game using this engine is Super Distro 2 became a bestseller in a matter of days!

Thanks Ryan!

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
                Timelapse video I made of me making a UT map using SuperGrid. Enjoy.

-Neil (CaptainMigraine)
                Thanks Neil, it was fun to watch!
                And actually pretty useful - it's much easier to understand what I could improve after seeing how exactly people is working with pack!
                Thanks again
                Last edited by zeOrb; 07-24-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Supergrid is available in the Epic Game Launcher. I guess i just missed it. Thanks.

Comment

So, about the update!
                    ETA on update was last friday, but obviously I've missed that deadline, now I'll try to finish it and send files to Epic before end of July, sorry for inconvenience guys!
                    I realized that I got too carried away with lobby level and it has it's own vibes rather than original pack so I decide to scrap this level and focus on the new content like textures and materials(in addition to promised features)!
                    I mean I even made custom skybox, animated cloud particles and so on - it's definitely out of scope and I should not started this in a first place, but eh, first pack, lack of experience and so on

And again - sorry for a delay, It is kinda new experience to me and I'm learning how to keep all this Marketplace stuff going so I think I'll improve with time and adapt to releasing new content more often!

Originally posted by ijam_j View Post
                    Supergrid is available in the Epic Game Launcher. I guess i just missed it. Thanks.
                    Good! I'm glad you found it

Comment

Zeorb, that looks amazing! Looking forward to the update!
                      Last edited by Fusion_Pizza; 07-25-2015, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Hi guys.
                        Well this thing looks amazing so i bought it last night, and this is my first and likely only marketplace purchase because i'm a do it myself kind of guy..and a verifiable cheap *******. I have to say, this for an old Unreal 1 and UT 99 mapper looks like sent from the Gods. Something i wish we had 17 years ago - just Went a little giddy when i saw it.

Anyway I cannot figure out how to load this into Unreal Tournament Editor. It looks like it can only be used for the Unreal Engine version of the editor? I am only using UT Editor and related engine files because it's basically what i'll be working with and it's already decimated All my HD space.
                        Seriously EPIC the file structure is horrid and 30 GB for just the editor and random cache files and not even the alpha of the alpha of the UT game. Hope i don't also have to have Unreal Engine installed as well just to use this.
                        Please HALP, i have the day off and want to map.

Comment

Originally posted by KGPrime90 View Post
                          Hi guys.
                          Well this thing looks amazing so i bought it last night, and this is my first and likely only marketplace purchase because i'm a do it myself kind of guy..and a verifiable cheap *******. I have to say, this for an old Unreal 1 and UT 99 mapper looks like sent from the Gods. Something i wish we had 17 years ago - just Went a little giddy when i saw it.

Anyway I cannot figure out how to load this into Unreal Tournament Editor. It looks like it can only be used for the Unreal Engine version of the editor? I am only using UT Editor and related engine files because it's basically what i'll be working with and it's already decimated All my HD space.
                          Seriously EPIC the file structure is horrid and 30 GB for just the editor and random cache files and not even the alpha of the alpha of the UT game. Hope i don't also have to have Unreal Engine installed as well just to use this.
                          Please HALP, i have the day off and want to map.
                          Hello there!
                          No, last time I tested it worked correctly in UT Editor. Little how to:
                          1. In Content Browser Right-click on SuperGrid folder and choose Migrate
                          2. Choose this folder for migration X:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content

However today I noticed there is new version of UT Edtior and I have not yet tested with this new version, so I will post later if there any issues

Thanks,
                          Dmitry.

Comment

I bought SuperGrid and just wanted to say thanks, it's amazing
                            CrashGame (Working title for my survival/exploration game) - YouTube

Comment

I don't know why i can't figure it out lol
                              But in the launcher Supergrid only shows up in the Unreal Engine tab under "Vault" and it says i cannot create a project because no relevant engine is installed or "ready to launch".
                              Supergrid folder does not show up in the Content Browser inside UT Ed. I checked show all folder content, plugins, developer ect, and used the search.
                              I found the folder and .uproject file in Epic/Launcher/VaultCache but can't figure out how to get in in the ED

Yeah there was an update last night after i bought supergrid and loaded the editor i had to update, also and there was another update today when i loaded up the editor.

Meh i'll just install the UEngine and see what happens.

I installed the project anyway option but it won't open without the engine installed.
                              Last edited by KGPrime90; 07-30-2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KGPrime90 View Post
                                I don't know why i can't figure it out lol
                                But in the launcher Supergrid only shows up in the Unreal Engine tab under "Vault" and it says i cannot create a project because no relevant engine is installed or "ready to launch".
                                Supergrid folder does not show up in the Content Browser inside UT Ed. I checked show all folder content, plugins, developer ect, and used the search.
                                I found the folder and .uproject file in Epic/Launcher/VaultCache but can't figure out how to get in in the ED

Yeah there was an update last night after i bought supergrid and loaded the editor i had to update, also and there was another update today when i loaded up the editor.

Meh i'll just install the UEngine and see what happens.

I installed the project anyway option but it won't open without the engine installed.
                                Ok, I think I figured it out!
                                Try to copy SuperGrid folder from X:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\VaultCache\SuperGrid\data\Content into X:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content

Yeah, it's a little bit wonky without UE4 install, sorry for that 8(

Originally posted by Brandon Wamboldt View Post
                                I bought SuperGrid and just wanted to say thanks, it's amazing
                                Thanks Brandon, it's nice to hear you're having fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X