SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, just released some material-oriented tutorials to the website
    In next section I want to cover some general UE level design tips and SuperGrid assets usage. Then using SuperGrid in production with static and dynamic lighting.
    Any requests?
    SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
    Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

I love you zeOrb, great work.

p.s. i'm afraid to buy anything other than your work because you set the bar to dang high.
      Youtube
      Machine Learning C++ Plugin
      Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
        Hey, zeOrb

Finally I bought
        With this I can quickly build wonderful levels, applying only new textures and props. No more tedious blocking for large meshes hallways in Maya. This gives me more time to modeling the level decoration. Should be pretty cool with Allar's Generic Shooter.

A small suggestion, if not too,,,
        One guy in this topic wrote something about stairs,

A Control for Stair steps, number and size, possibility to increasing the staircase without increasing the stair step size. But okay this is not important as static mesh, is possible to use brush primitives for Staircase and Curved Staircase, then to convert it to mesh. No problem, just wondering if this could behave like other objects in your kit when a material is applied, in this case without UV deformation. There could exist an option for this, changing the material only?

I found a cool example for procedural pipe generation with splines. You could think in adding something similar (procedural pipes, planes and arches) in your marvelous SuperGrid.

It is only a few ideas

Thanks

luny;B
        Hey Luny, welcome aboard!
        Yep, splines are fun! I already utilize them for new features in next update so we will see how far that goes!

Originally posted by ScrotieFlapWack View Post
        Hi,

So I recently purchased SuperGrid and I gotta say it has been fantastic, very quick level creation for the block in phase of a project, much quicker than the BSP tools in UE4. One question I have though, how do you apply your own custom materials or make your own custom materials to work with SuperGrid?

Cheers,

Dave
        Thanks Dave!
        We already solved this in PM, but still will post it here just in case!
        http://www.supergrid.io/tutorials/customization/

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
        I love you zeOrb, great work.

p.s. i'm afraid to buy anything other than your work because you set the bar to dang high.

Thanks
        I hope I will release some new stuff soon to raise it even higher :P
        Last edited by zeOrb; 06-29-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Hello,
          I just bought SuperGrid and I like it a lot, but is there a way to scale textures as you would using the default TexCoord node tiling option like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tex_Coord.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1081129

Comment

Originally posted by epicpotatopro View Post
            Hello,
            I just bought SuperGrid and I like it a lot, but is there a way to scale textures as you would using the default TexCoord node tiling option like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46389[/ATTACH]
            Hey Epic Potato!
            Check out this tutorial
            TLDR version

Comment

Wow, that was really obvious, lol. Thanks for the help!
              Last edited by epicpotatopro; 07-04-2015, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by epicpotatopro View Post
                Wow, that was really obvious, lol. Thanks for the help!
                No problem!
                Feel free to post if you have any questions or requests!

Comment

Purchased! Outstanding work and can't wait for the new features!
                  twitter: @NaveedHIQ

Comment

Hi there zeOrb. I'd like to thank you so much for this epic tool. It's the single best purchase I've made on the market place and I just wanted to extend my gratitude to you here. Keep up the amazing work I cannot wait for additional packs and updates from you. Awesome job mate, thank you.

Comment

How well will this work in the latest UT editor? For instance, if I cook a map made using supergrid, will it be playable in UT?

Thanks!
                      -Neil (CaptainMigraine)
                      Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Naveed View Post
                        Purchased! Outstanding work and can't wait for the new features!
                        Originally posted by Joure View Post
                        Hi there zeOrb. I'd like to thank you so much for this epic tool. It's the single best purchase I've made on the market place and I just wanted to extend my gratitude to you here. Keep up the amazing work I cannot wait for additional packs and updates from you. Awesome job mate, thank you.
                        Thanks guys, I really appreciate that! =]

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
                        How well will this work in the latest UT editor? For instance, if I cook a map made using supergrid, will it be playable in UT?

Thanks!
                        -Neil (CaptainMigraine)
                        Hello!

As far as I'm aware - yep, it should work properly!
                        I've found this packaged map that was created with SuperGrid and seems like everything is okay

Thanks,
                        Dmitry

Comment

Super grid should be the standard for making UT maps. :P

Comment

Originally posted by _cDub View Post
                            Super grid should be the standard for making UT maps. :P
                            Nah man...

SuperGrid should be the standard for making ANYTHING with Unreal Engine 4.

Maps? Use SuperGrid! Paper2d? Screw it, Use SuperGrid! Animations? Find a way to use SuperGrid! Audio modulation? I'm sure you could throw enough SuperGrid at it to make it work!

But yeah; This is my favourite asset by far; And I'm going to plug the hell out of it in everything I do - It's something that I feel should be in the main engine to begin with - I feel it's that essential.

I would say that I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first - But I had no idea how simple yet awesome such an asset would be - It's something I wouldn't be able to have put together myself as I don't think outside the box / Supergrid_Cube_HighRes like ZeOrb does 8]

So yeah, Kudos ZeOrb!
                            KITATUS
                            "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

I'm getting a bunch of these warnings on SuperGrid when loading my project (seen in the Output Log):

LogLinker:Warning: Asset '../../../../../../Users/.../Content/SuperGrid/Materials/Functions/UV/UV_ObjectScalable.uasset' has been saved with empty engine version. The asset will be loaded but may be incompatible.
                              I'm guessing this is currently safe to ignore (SuperGrid and UE4 are both at 4.8 here) but I'm wondering if something should be handled differently at my end or with SuperGrid to help highlight when components are really out of sync with the engine going forward.

David

Comment

Timelapse video I made of me making a UT map using SuperGrid. Enjoy.

-Neil (CaptainMigraine)
                                Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X