• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
    Nice Video
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by LeamDelaney View Post
    I love this idea! Does it work with custom textures as well? Or just the ones in the pack?
    Hey Leam, what exactly are talking about?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice Video

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love this idea! Does it work with custom textures as well? Or just the ones in the pack?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Woah! 4.8 is pretty!
    Have not read changelog to the end yet, but discovered that animated emissive translucent materials(Green-cyan materials in the video) creates "light shafts" now, looks awesome IMHO!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I stopped working in 4.7 a little while back and have just been waiting for 4.8 to continue learning as it seemed it would have more that I needed. So I say go for 4.8.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    go for 4.8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For me anything is ok. ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Go for 4.8!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well Id be okay with an 4.8 Version.

You cannot have separate version compatibility packs for the same marketplace item?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a question for you guys:
    I found some cool and useful features in 4.8 that I can utilize in SuperGrid, but of course it totally breaks compatibility with 4.7, so... are you okay with this or I should hold on these for another pack to keep simplicity and 4.7 version-friendly pack?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by nonder View Post
    Huh, now I finally discovered why it is not good to scale things so much . My test level uses SuperGrid plane with scale 1000x1000x1 as ground and my characters are doing some crazy movement like some very fast moving up and down, some kind of flickering. I was scared a bit because I did not have this bug in my project before and I thought that it is caused by my code but using smaller scale of SuperGrid plane 100x100x1 solved that.

Anyways, I am enjoying this kit, prototyping with SuperGrid is faster then with BSP
    Hey, you could use SuperGrid_BoxHighRes, it's exactly for cases like you described. Simple collision meshes won't scale good enough so I made this to mitigate problems like this.
    Aaand yeah, seems like I should start to work on creating documentation section on the website, there are some caveats like this I want to cover.

Thanks for the feedback!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Huh, now I finally discovered why it is not good to scale things so much . My test level uses SuperGrid plane with scale 1000x1000x1 as ground and my characters are doing some crazy movement like some very fast moving up and down, some kind of flickering. I was scared a bit because I did not have this bug in my project before and I thought that it is caused by my code but using smaller scale of SuperGrid plane 100x100x1 solved that.

Anyways, I am enjoying this kit, prototyping with SuperGrid is faster then with BSP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by nonder View Post
    Just purchased SuperGrid because it looks promising Maybe it is good idea to include also some materials like wood/old concrete, so prototyping of historical games will be nicer but that's just about visual look
    I think I'll add something like this when I start to work on different themes for the project

Originally posted by CURTROCK View Post
    Hi zeOrb. I used the _CornerInner mesh, to build a large sphere, in order to place a material on the "inside' of the sphere. The outside portion of this sphere is much larger than the inside. Would it be possible for you to make a mesh where the outside surface of the mesh and the inside surface are closer together? (or even a double sided single mesh, where you could put different materials on the inside/outside? Im using the inside of the mesh almost like a gigantic sky-box. It looks Awesome!
    Hey!
    Yeah, I bumped into the same issue a while ago and discovered that it physically impossible to make all 3 surfaces(Inner portion, outer and flat surface connecting them) with same scale. It's either inner and outer have different sizes or flat surface have completely different dimension and can't properly "connect" inner and outer.
    My workaround was just to use another material instance with 50cm grid size if I want outer sphere and 100cm if I want inner sphere.

I could add another set of sphere meshes where inner/outer have same texture size, but you will this distorted effect I was talking about!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi zeOrb. I used the _CornerInner mesh, to build a large sphere, in order to place a material on the "inside' of the sphere. The outside portion of this sphere is much larger than the inside. Would it be possible for you to make a mesh where the outside surface of the mesh and the inside surface are closer together? (or even a double sided single mesh, where you could put different materials on the inside/outside? Im using the inside of the mesh almost like a gigantic sky-box. It looks Awesome!
    Last edited by CURTROCK; 06-07-2015, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just purchased SuperGrid because it looks promising Maybe it is good idea to include also some materials like wood/old concrete, so prototyping of historical games will be nicer but that's just about visual look

Leave a comment:

Working...
X