No announcement yet.

SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stopped working in 4.7 a little while back and have just been waiting for 4.8 to continue learning as it seemed it would have more that I needed. So I say go for 4.8.
    Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Woah! 4.8 is pretty!
      Have not read changelog to the end yet, but discovered that animated emissive translucent materials(Green-cyan materials in the video) creates "light shafts" now, looks awesome IMHO!
      SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
      Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

I love this idea! Does it work with custom textures as well? Or just the ones in the pack?

Comment

Nice Video
          My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
          UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
            Nice Video
            Thanks!
            Originally posted by LeamDelaney View Post
            I love this idea! Does it work with custom textures as well? Or just the ones in the pack?
            Hey Leam, what exactly are talking about?

Comment

Hey,
              When I download the new update, is there something I have to do to update my existing project? Or should I create a new project with the new version and replace all old stuff in my project?
              Regards,
              Kia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kia View Post
                Hey,
                When I download the new update, is there something I have to do to update my existing project? Or should I create a new project with the new version and replace all old stuff in my project?
                Yeah, just migrate stuff from new updated project and it should work correctly!

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                  Yeah, just migrate stuff from new updated project and it should work correctly!
                  Thanks, worked fine.
                  Almost lost my changes to the Character Blueprint because it got overriden, luckily made a backup before.
                  Here are some more screenshots: http://thesoul.ninja/bhop/
                  Regards,
                  Kia.

Comment

Firstly let me say that I bought the pack and I am loving it ... zeOrb for ze President. 8-}

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                    I have a question for you guys:
                    I found some cool and useful features in 4.8 that I can utilize in SuperGrid, but of course it totally breaks compatibility with 4.7, so... are you okay with this or I should hold on these for another pack to keep simplicity and 4.7 version-friendly pack?
                    I would probably keep a branch for those that want to use 4.7 but add all new features to your main version of 4.8 ... not sure if this is possible with the Marketplace ... but you no matter what you need to embrace the 4.8 release and move your product forward on that release and not be constrained by older releases. 8-}

Awesome product dude and well worth the money.
                    Quinton Delpeche
                    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Awesome tool.
                      New template - Counter-attack system. Action game / Melee combat template v2.

[FREE] Melee combat template

Comment

When will the 4.8 changes hit the marketplace? Eager to try it out.

Comment

Can you apply materials per face? Say I want to use a cube as a wall; one side I want Material "A", and the other I would like Material "B", etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kia View Post
                            Thanks, worked fine.
                            Almost lost my changes to the Character Blueprint because it got overriden, luckily made a backup before.
                            Here are some more screenshots: http://thesoul.ninja/bhop/
                            Hah, nice to see some progress with this bunny hop map!

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                            Firstly let me say that I bought the pack and I am loving it ... zeOrb for ze President. 8-}
                            I would probably keep a branch for those that want to use 4.7 but add all new features to your main version of 4.8 ... not sure if this is possible with the Marketplace ... but you no matter what you need to embrace the 4.8 release and move your product forward on that release and not be constrained by older releases. 8-}

Awesome product dude and well worth the money.
                            Hm.. Well, it possible to choose for which version you download content, so probably I could have old version for 4.7 and new version for 4.8

Thanks man!

Originally posted by bitande View Post
                            Awesome tool.
                            Thanks

Originally posted by RodenJP View Post
                            When will the 4.8 changes hit the marketplace? Eager to try it out.
                            I had some "slowing down" troubles, but now sky is clear and ETA I could give you is 2 weeks!

Originally posted by AdamZ View Post
                            Can you apply materials per face? Say I want to use a cube as a wall; one side I want Material "A", and the other I would like Material "B", etc.
                            I'm afraid currently it is not possible. I see 2 ways:
                            1. I could add some primitives with possibility just to assign materials per poly
                            2. I could add material based on orientation material, so you could assign different textures to different sides of cube and other primitives(However with this method you can't combine holographic on one side and simple wall on other side)

Comment

Hey, zeOrb

Finally I bought
                              With this I can quickly build wonderful levels, applying only new textures and props. No more tedious blocking for large meshes hallways in Maya. This gives me more time to modeling the level decoration. Should be pretty cool with Allar's Generic Shooter.

A small suggestion, if not too,,,
                              One guy in this topic wrote something about stairs,

A Control for Stair steps, number and size, possibility to increasing the staircase without increasing the stair step size. But okay this is not important as static mesh, is possible to use brush primitives for Staircase and Curved Staircase, then to convert it to mesh. No problem, just wondering if this could behave like other objects in your kit when a material is applied, in this case without UV deformation. There could exist an option for this, changing the material only?

I found a cool example for procedural pipe generation with splines. You could think in adding something similar (procedural pipes, planes and arches) in your marvelous SuperGrid.

It is only a few ideas

Thanks

luny;B
                              lunybunny.com
                              lunybunny.com

Comment

Hi,

So I recently purchased SuperGrid and I gotta say it has been fantastic, very quick level creation for the block in phase of a project, much quicker than the BSP tools in UE4. One question I have though, how do you apply your own custom materials or make your own custom materials to work with SuperGrid?

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X