X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by epicpotatopro View Post
    Hello,
    I just bought SuperGrid and I like it a lot, but is there a way to scale textures as you would using the default TexCoord node tiling option like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46389[/ATTACH]
    Hey Epic Potato!
    Check out this tutorial
    TLDR version

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    I just bought SuperGrid and I like it a lot, but is there a way to scale textures as you would using the default TexCoord node tiling option like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tex_Coord.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1081129

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
    Hey, zeOrb

Finally I bought
    With this I can quickly build wonderful levels, applying only new textures and props. No more tedious blocking for large meshes hallways in Maya. This gives me more time to modeling the level decoration. Should be pretty cool with Allar's Generic Shooter.

A small suggestion, if not too,,,
    One guy in this topic wrote something about stairs,

A Control for Stair steps, number and size, possibility to increasing the staircase without increasing the stair step size. But okay this is not important as static mesh, is possible to use brush primitives for Staircase and Curved Staircase, then to convert it to mesh. No problem, just wondering if this could behave like other objects in your kit when a material is applied, in this case without UV deformation. There could exist an option for this, changing the material only?

I found a cool example for procedural pipe generation with splines. You could think in adding something similar (procedural pipes, planes and arches) in your marvelous SuperGrid.

It is only a few ideas

Thanks

luny;B
    Hey Luny, welcome aboard!
    Yep, splines are fun! I already utilize them for new features in next update so we will see how far that goes!

Originally posted by ScrotieFlapWack View Post
    Hi,

So I recently purchased SuperGrid and I gotta say it has been fantastic, very quick level creation for the block in phase of a project, much quicker than the BSP tools in UE4. One question I have though, how do you apply your own custom materials or make your own custom materials to work with SuperGrid?

Cheers,

Dave
    Thanks Dave!
    We already solved this in PM, but still will post it here just in case!
    http://www.supergrid.io/tutorials/customization/

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
    I love you zeOrb, great work.

p.s. i'm afraid to buy anything other than your work because you set the bar to dang high.

Thanks
    I hope I will release some new stuff soon to raise it even higher :P
    Last edited by zeOrb; 06-29-2015, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love you zeOrb, great work.

p.s. i'm afraid to buy anything other than your work because you set the bar to dang high.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys, just released some material-oriented tutorials to the website
    In next section I want to cover some general UE level design tips and SuperGrid assets usage. Then using SuperGrid in production with static and dynamic lighting.
    Any requests?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

So I recently purchased SuperGrid and I gotta say it has been fantastic, very quick level creation for the block in phase of a project, much quicker than the BSP tools in UE4. One question I have though, how do you apply your own custom materials or make your own custom materials to work with SuperGrid?

Cheers,

Dave

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, zeOrb

Finally I bought
    With this I can quickly build wonderful levels, applying only new textures and props. No more tedious blocking for large meshes hallways in Maya. This gives me more time to modeling the level decoration. Should be pretty cool with Allar's Generic Shooter.

A small suggestion, if not too,,,
    One guy in this topic wrote something about stairs,

A Control for Stair steps, number and size, possibility to increasing the staircase without increasing the stair step size. But okay this is not important as static mesh, is possible to use brush primitives for Staircase and Curved Staircase, then to convert it to mesh. No problem, just wondering if this could behave like other objects in your kit when a material is applied, in this case without UV deformation. There could exist an option for this, changing the material only?

I found a cool example for procedural pipe generation with splines. You could think in adding something similar (procedural pipes, planes and arches) in your marvelous SuperGrid.

It is only a few ideas

Thanks

luny;B

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kia View Post
    Thanks, worked fine.
    Almost lost my changes to the Character Blueprint because it got overriden, luckily made a backup before.
    Here are some more screenshots: http://thesoul.ninja/bhop/
    Hah, nice to see some progress with this bunny hop map!

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    Firstly let me say that I bought the pack and I am loving it ... zeOrb for ze President. 8-}
    I would probably keep a branch for those that want to use 4.7 but add all new features to your main version of 4.8 ... not sure if this is possible with the Marketplace ... but you no matter what you need to embrace the 4.8 release and move your product forward on that release and not be constrained by older releases. 8-}

Awesome product dude and well worth the money.
    Hm.. Well, it possible to choose for which version you download content, so probably I could have old version for 4.7 and new version for 4.8

Thanks man!

Originally posted by bitande View Post
    Awesome tool.
    Thanks

Originally posted by RodenJP View Post
    When will the 4.8 changes hit the marketplace? Eager to try it out.
    I had some "slowing down" troubles, but now sky is clear and ETA I could give you is 2 weeks!

Originally posted by AdamZ View Post
    Can you apply materials per face? Say I want to use a cube as a wall; one side I want Material "A", and the other I would like Material "B", etc.
    I'm afraid currently it is not possible. I see 2 ways:
    1. I could add some primitives with possibility just to assign materials per poly
    2. I could add material based on orientation material, so you could assign different textures to different sides of cube and other primitives(However with this method you can't combine holographic on one side and simple wall on other side)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you apply materials per face? Say I want to use a cube as a wall; one side I want Material "A", and the other I would like Material "B", etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When will the 4.8 changes hit the marketplace? Eager to try it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome tool.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Firstly let me say that I bought the pack and I am loving it ... zeOrb for ze President. 8-}

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    I have a question for you guys:
    I found some cool and useful features in 4.8 that I can utilize in SuperGrid, but of course it totally breaks compatibility with 4.7, so... are you okay with this or I should hold on these for another pack to keep simplicity and 4.7 version-friendly pack?
    I would probably keep a branch for those that want to use 4.7 but add all new features to your main version of 4.8 ... not sure if this is possible with the Marketplace ... but you no matter what you need to embrace the 4.8 release and move your product forward on that release and not be constrained by older releases. 8-}

Awesome product dude and well worth the money.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Yeah, just migrate stuff from new updated project and it should work correctly!
    Thanks, worked fine.
    Almost lost my changes to the Character Blueprint because it got overriden, luckily made a backup before.
    Here are some more screenshots: http://thesoul.ninja/bhop/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kia View Post
    Hey,
    When I download the new update, is there something I have to do to update my existing project? Or should I create a new project with the new version and replace all old stuff in my project?
    Yeah, just migrate stuff from new updated project and it should work correctly!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,
    When I download the new update, is there something I have to do to update my existing project? Or should I create a new project with the new version and replace all old stuff in my project?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X