Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loucsam View Post
    Finally got around to trying this.

However the UV_CustomTexture isn't available when I do step 4 in your instructions:

"4. Right click on grid and type Sup to highlight SuperGrid nodes, then select "UV_CustomTexture" "

I do see UV_ObjectScaleable, UV_SetupGrid, and UV_World_Scaleable but not the above node.

Any ideas?

I am still at UE 4.7.6, and not using the supergrid update/s (haven't worked out how to migrate my map yet)

Cheers,
    Max
    Hey Max!
    This node is from 1.0.1 version. Just update SuperGrid via launcher and then create new project with updated version. Then right click at SuperGrid folder in Content browser in just created project and Migrate to "Content" folder of project that contains your map.
    SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
    Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Wow it has a new version now ?
      Hobbyist

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
        Hey Max!
        This node is from 1.0.1 version. Just update SuperGrid via launcher and then create new project with updated version. Then right click at SuperGrid folder in Content browser in just created project and Migrate to "Content" folder of project that contains your map.
        Took me about 4 attempts to get paths etc right, migration in UE4 is an art.

I got a brick wall texture in, then it looked like my house was about 500 metres high, haha, I changed a scaling factor or some such thing to 0.1 and it looks okay now

Thanks.

Cheers,
        Max

Comment

Originally posted by Speiderful View Post
          Wow it has a new version now ?
          Sort of!
          It was a hotfix with some additional stuff, but it was released before your purchase so you downloaded already updated version!
          Here is changelog

Took me about 4 attempts to get paths etc right, migration in UE4 is an art.
          Indeed it is!
          I hope it will be easier at some point in future though

I got a brick wall texture in, then it looked like my house was about 500 metres high, haha, I changed a scaling factor or some such thing to 0.1 and it looks okay now

Thanks.

Cheers,
          Max
          Glad to hear it finally working!

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
            Sort of!
            It was a hotfix with some additional stuff, but it was released before your purchase so you downloaded already updated version!
            Here is changelog
            ooh so i already have it, well hope it gets more stuff in the future then i guess
            Hobbyist

Comment

Just purchased SuperGrid because it looks promising Maybe it is good idea to include also some materials like wood/old concrete, so prototyping of historical games will be nicer but that's just about visual look

Comment

Hi zeOrb. I used the _CornerInner mesh, to build a large sphere, in order to place a material on the "inside' of the sphere. The outside portion of this sphere is much larger than the inside. Would it be possible for you to make a mesh where the outside surface of the mesh and the inside surface are closer together? (or even a double sided single mesh, where you could put different materials on the inside/outside? Im using the inside of the mesh almost like a gigantic sky-box. It looks Awesome!
                Last edited by CURTROCK; 06-07-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nonder View Post
                  Just purchased SuperGrid because it looks promising Maybe it is good idea to include also some materials like wood/old concrete, so prototyping of historical games will be nicer but that's just about visual look
                  I think I'll add something like this when I start to work on different themes for the project

Originally posted by CURTROCK View Post
                  Hi zeOrb. I used the _CornerInner mesh, to build a large sphere, in order to place a material on the "inside' of the sphere. The outside portion of this sphere is much larger than the inside. Would it be possible for you to make a mesh where the outside surface of the mesh and the inside surface are closer together? (or even a double sided single mesh, where you could put different materials on the inside/outside? Im using the inside of the mesh almost like a gigantic sky-box. It looks Awesome!
                  Hey!
                  Yeah, I bumped into the same issue a while ago and discovered that it physically impossible to make all 3 surfaces(Inner portion, outer and flat surface connecting them) with same scale. It's either inner and outer have different sizes or flat surface have completely different dimension and can't properly "connect" inner and outer.
                  My workaround was just to use another material instance with 50cm grid size if I want outer sphere and 100cm if I want inner sphere.

I could add another set of sphere meshes where inner/outer have same texture size, but you will this distorted effect I was talking about!

Comment

Huh, now I finally discovered why it is not good to scale things so much . My test level uses SuperGrid plane with scale 1000x1000x1 as ground and my characters are doing some crazy movement like some very fast moving up and down, some kind of flickering. I was scared a bit because I did not have this bug in my project before and I thought that it is caused by my code but using smaller scale of SuperGrid plane 100x100x1 solved that.

Anyways, I am enjoying this kit, prototyping with SuperGrid is faster then with BSP

Comment

Originally posted by nonder View Post
                      Huh, now I finally discovered why it is not good to scale things so much . My test level uses SuperGrid plane with scale 1000x1000x1 as ground and my characters are doing some crazy movement like some very fast moving up and down, some kind of flickering. I was scared a bit because I did not have this bug in my project before and I thought that it is caused by my code but using smaller scale of SuperGrid plane 100x100x1 solved that.

Anyways, I am enjoying this kit, prototyping with SuperGrid is faster then with BSP
                      Hey, you could use SuperGrid_BoxHighRes, it's exactly for cases like you described. Simple collision meshes won't scale good enough so I made this to mitigate problems like this.
                      Aaand yeah, seems like I should start to work on creating documentation section on the website, there are some caveats like this I want to cover.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

I have a question for you guys:
                        I found some cool and useful features in 4.8 that I can utilize in SuperGrid, but of course it totally breaks compatibility with 4.7, so... are you okay with this or I should hold on these for another pack to keep simplicity and 4.7 version-friendly pack?

Comment

Well Id be okay with an 4.8 Version.

You cannot have separate version compatibility packs for the same marketplace item?

Comment

Go for 4.8!
                            Lets Measure It
                            Blueprints to measure distances, area's, circumferences and routes/paths. Check out the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ets-measure-it

Comment

For me anything is ok. ^^
                              My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
                              UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

go for 4.8

Comment

Working...
                                X