Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome thx :3

Comment

I know you've covered how you can add a simple texture to work with your gridding, but is there a way to utilize more complex material such as this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	qycuua.png
Views:	1
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	1079146

Comment

Originally posted by KaladinRahl View Post
        awesome thx :3
        No problem

Originally posted by Alaan View Post
        I know you've covered how you can add a simple texture to work with your gridding, but is there a way to utilize more complex material such as this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41660[/ATTACH]
        Basically you should replace all default UV nodes with UV_CustomTexture, but I can't give 100% guarantee because I don't know what exactly all those nodes do
        SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
        Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
          No problem

Basically you should replace all default UV nodes with UV_CustomTexture, but I can't give 100% guarantee because I don't know what exactly all those nodes do
          Well this is specifically the M_Floor_Water_Mesh_Paint material found in the "Matinee" learning pack that I was using for a dirty subway area--in case you want to take a look yourself. I tried including the UV_CustomTexture and unless I'm doing it incorrectly this is what I end up with.

Name:	Gu00zzQ.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1079148

Name:	gCtm3h8.png
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	1079149
          Attached Files

Comment

Well this is specifically the M_Floor_Water_Mesh_Paint material found in the "Matinee" learning pack that I was using for a dirty subway area--in case you want to take a look yourself. I tried including the UV_CustomTexture and unless I'm doing it incorrectly this is what I end up with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41666[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]41667[/ATTACH]
            I've discovered that all UV calculation is inside of ML_Floor_Tile, so just replace here single UV node with UV_CustomTexture and every material based on this(Including M_Floor_Water_Mesh_Paint) should work as supergrid
            edit: Also you should revert all changes in M_Floor_Water_Mesh_Paint

Comment

It is darker and doesn't tile exactly when applied to the super grid meshes for some reason. But at least it deforms properly
              in Scale mode. Something I'll have to play with, but thanks for taking time to look at it.

Name:	CqisHuQ.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1079158
              Attached Files

Comment

Just a little heads up!
                I was busy building a proper scalable website for supergrid, tutorials, news and future projects, but building a website from ground zero actually takes much more time than I expected =_=
                I decide to release the basic website for now and switch my focus back to real development i.e. new pack and 1.1 update.
                Right now I'm working on benjamin.smith suggestion (silhouette references for generic objects) and prototyping new pack.
                Here is example from Source that Benjamin provided:

Hiatus has ended and new stuff incoming!
                AWESOME SAUCE!

Here is a quick video to demonstrate current progress of silhouette feature.
                As always, if you have any suggestions - feel free to post them!
                @zeOrb I've replied to your PM in regards to my earlier offer in this thread & hopefully I can find the time within the coming weeks to contribute/collaborate with you on this upcoming release

P.S. I explain this in more detail in the PM regarding my current schedule.

Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
                That reminds me of the good old hammer editor, i used the same texture there
                Yeah you are correct (image is from CS:GO Editor) and I actually just grabbed that image off WorldofLevelDesign.com (great website if you don't know about it already).
                Regards,
                Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
                Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Curved ramps. There exists nothing to facilitate curved ramps. Or, really anything where you have a curved surface that needs to also change elevation.

Comment

Here is a quick video to demonstrate current progress of silhouette feature.
                    As always, if you have any suggestions - feel free to post them!

Thanks Martin, it nice to hear!

Heh, I'm glad you're not disappointed
                    Yeah, I know your pain: doors, windows and etc. I'm going to address this issue after 4.8 release - new BP procedural mesh looks pretty promising!
                    HI ZEORB

I just wanted to let you know that I've purchased your product after you made the update for the UT-Editor
                    AND IT'S JUST AWESOME :-)
                    your new Silhouette Feature which is coming looks fantastic too
                    could you PLEASE make sure that all your new content will work in the UT-Editor too?
                    (I'm mainly using that one)
                    I'm looking forward to your future Updates

Kind Regards

Martin

Comment

It is darker and doesn't tile exactly when applied to the super grid meshes for some reason. But at least it deforms properly
                      in Scale mode. Something I'll have to play with, but thanks for taking time to look at it.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]41676[/ATTACH]
                      Yeah, as far as I remember there are some nodes in final materials that should be tweaked!
                      Curved ramps. There exists nothing to facilitate curved ramps. Or, really anything where you have a curved surface that needs to also change elevation.
                      Gotcha!
                      I will add some walkable curvy ramps into next release.

Originally posted by benjamin.smith View Post
                      AWESOME SAUCE!

@zeOrb I've replied to your PM in regards to my earlier offer in this thread & hopefully I can find the time within the coming weeks to contribute/collaborate with you on this upcoming release

P.S. I explain this in more detail in the PM regarding my current schedule.
                      Hah, thanks Benjamin!
                      Looking forward to it

Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
                      HI ZEORB

I just wanted to let you know that I've purchased your product after you made the update for the UT-Editor
                      AND IT'S JUST AWESOME :-)
                      your new Silhouette Feature which is coming looks fantastic too
                      Hey Martin!
                      It nice to hear that you liked it. Thanks, I actually think that Silhouette could help with UT map prototyping more than in other usage cases so I probably sync human silhouette with UT human height.

Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
                      could you PLEASE make sure that all your new content will work in the UT-Editor too?
                      (I'm mainly using that one)
                      Sure mate!
                      I have special copy of UE4 that I use for developing UT4-friendly build

Comment

Hey Martin!
                        It nice to hear that you liked it. Thanks, I actually think that Silhouette could help with UT map prototyping more than in other usage cases so I probably sync human silhouette with UT human height.

[...]
                        I have special copy of UE4 that I use for developing UT4-friendly build
                        Great to hear that

You're the best

Comment

I imported the pack into GalaxyMan2015's GameWorks combined fork, some materials f.e. SuperGrid/Tutorial/Utility/Materials/M_LightCone (the instances of it) don't compile and show errors around SpeedTree includes. commenting " #include "UniformBuffers/SpeedTreeData.usf" " in SpeedTreeCommon.usf solves it and for as far as I can see speedtree wind still works fine.

I don't know which component is in error, most probably not this pack, but just if anyones encounters it..

Great pack btw. That's the only pack so far I deemed buyable and useful.

Comment

Hey fellas, some new stuff!

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
                            I imported the pack into GalaxyMan2015's GameWorks combined fork, some materials f.e. SuperGrid/Tutorial/Utility/Materials/M_LightCone (the instances of it) don't compile and show errors around SpeedTree includes. commenting " #include "UniformBuffers/SpeedTreeData.usf" " in SpeedTreeCommon.usf solves it and for as far as I can see speedtree wind still works fine.

I don't know which component is in error, most probably not this pack, but just if anyones encounters it..

Great pack btw. That's the only pack so far I deemed buyable and useful.
                            Hmm, this is extreeemely weird. Honestly - I don't know what could cause such errors

Thanks!

Comment

Hey fellas, some new stuff!

boy, oh boy, this is gonna be fun

Comment

Yep, you need to modify material, but it's extremely easy. Just connect "UV_CustomTexture" to the UVs of textures and you're ready to go
                                Finally got around to trying this.

However the UV_CustomTexture isn't available when I do step 4 in your instructions:

"4. Right click on grid and type Sup to highlight SuperGrid nodes, then select "UV_CustomTexture" "

I do see UV_ObjectScaleable, UV_SetupGrid, and UV_World_Scaleable but not the above node.

Any ideas?

I am still at UE 4.7.6, and not using the supergrid update/s (haven't worked out how to migrate my map yet)

Cheers,
                                Max
                                Last edited by Loucsam; 06-06-2015, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X