SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Hm, I'm not sure I understand you properly, could you elaborate a little bit?
    Are props to-scale, there isn't any other way to elaborate that

Comment

Originally posted by Vata Raven View Post
      Are props to-scale, there isn't any other way to elaborate that
      By default most of them are 1m and during scale grid will be automatically scaled up to the new size so it's highly unlikely that you go off the real-scale grid
      Also I specify size for some features in complex meshes(Like step size in stairs by default is 10cm and etc)

If you have not yet purchased SuperGrid I could send to you playable demo level which is currently WiP, but somewhat stable.

Thanks,
      Dmitry
      Last edited by zeOrb; 05-21-2015, 03:12 PM.
      SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
      Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Also I specify size for some features in complex meshes(Like step size in stairs by default is 10cm and etc)
        maybe the procedural stairs that's being voted on trello will come soon, so people can control the stair size. Also, by to-scale, I also meant real world dimensions, as well. I could list off all the codes to properly built stairs, but I'll give you the link on the anatomy of stairs (or you can just look up what the regulations for building stairs)

http://jenksie13.tripod.com/id12.html

sorry, it's something new to me, I personally don't know if asset artist do the research to make models seem as real as possible
        Last edited by Vata Raven; 05-21-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vata Raven View Post
          maybe the procedural stairs that's being voted on trello will come soon, so people can control the stair size. Also, by to-scale, I also meant real world dimensions, as well. I could list off all the codes to properly built stairs, but I'll give you the link on the anatomy of stairs (or you can just look up what the regulations for building stairs)

http://jenksie13.tripod.com/id12.html

sorry, it's something new to me, I personally don't know if asset artist do the research to make models seem as real as possible
          Okay, now I understand
          Well, it all depends about researching. If such level of details is necessary then they do, but this pack was for simple prototyping I haven't thought about this.
          However for Architectural pack I think it is a valid requirement, so if you have any other important suggestions - feel free to post them

Comment

This is amazing. Gonna buy it on Monday when I get paid

Comment

Originally posted by KaladinRahl View Post
              This is amazing. Gonna buy it on Monday when I get paid
              It is a good deal, you won´t regret.
              My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
              UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

Just a little heads up!
                I was busy building a proper scalable website for supergrid, tutorials, news and future projects, but building a website from ground zero actually takes much more time than I expected =_=
                I decide to release the basic website for now and switch my focus back to real development i.e. new pack and 1.1 update.
                Right now I'm working on benjamin.smith suggestion (silhouette references for generic objects) and prototyping new pack.
                Here is example from Source that Benjamin provided:

Hiatus has ended and new stuff incoming!
                Last edited by zeOrb; 05-30-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Your website looks good!

Cant wait on the update, using SuperGrid alot...
                  Lets Measure It
                  Blueprints to measure distances, area's, circumferences and routes/paths. Check out the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ets-measure-it

Comment

I often get bogged down with nitpicking things prior to when I really should. After finally getting around to trying this out, I must say that it is rather wonderful. The only thing that seems to be lacking is any respective method of quickly rushing out a door so that I just have to put a little text marker to remind me that I want to put a door "there" later. I know there are the arches so you could just put more blocks along the side, but its just slower than say having a blueprint that I can tick a button and a door appears. A little preference, but nothing real detractable.

Comment

Here is a quick video to demonstrate current progress of silhouette feature.
                      As always, if you have any suggestions - feel free to post them!

Originally posted by Martin Bean View Post
                      Your website looks good!

Cant wait on the update, using SuperGrid alot...
                      Thanks Martin, it nice to hear!

Originally posted by Alaan View Post
                      I often get bogged down with nitpicking things prior to when I really should. After finally getting around to trying this out, I must say that it is rather wonderful. The only thing that seems to be lacking is any respective method of quickly rushing out a door so that I just have to put a little text marker to remind me that I want to put a door "there" later. I know there are the arches so you could just put more blocks along the side, but its just slower than say having a blueprint that I can tick a button and a door appears. A little preference, but nothing real detractable.
                      Heh, I'm glad you're not disappointed
                      Yeah, I know your pain: doors, windows and etc. I'm going to address this issue after 4.8 release - new BP procedural mesh looks pretty promising!

Comment

Paycheck came early ^_^ you know what that means !

EDIT:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1079140
                        Last edited by KaladinRahl; 05-30-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Just a little heads up!
                          That reminds me of the good old hammer editor, i used the same texture there
                          My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
                          UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

Paycheck came early ^_^ you know what that means !

EDIT:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41647[/ATTACH]
                            Are you having fun?

Originally posted by Luftbauch View Post
                            That reminds me of the good old hammer editor, i used the same texture there
                            Oh, it is just a screenshot from Benjamin post and I believe it is exactly same texture! Sorry for the confusion, I will edit my post.

Comment

Yeah I like it a lot. I was just wondering though, is it possible to use the Epic starter content materials, or would they have to be modified to work with SuperGrid

Comment

Yeah I like it a lot. I was just wondering though, is it possible to use the Epic starter content materials, or would they have to be modified to work with SuperGrid
                                Yep, you need to modify material, but it's extremely easy. Just connect "UV_CustomTexture" to the UVs of textures and you're ready to go

Comment

Working...
                                X