• Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] SuperGrid - Fast Level Prototyping

Welcome to SuperGrid!
    Purchase on Marketplace

Download Demo

Latest version changelog

Content
    • New SuperGrid Master BP - allows to change materials of all SuperGrid meshes on the level simultaneously
    • New SuperGrid Group BP - allows to assign single material to group of SuperGrid meshes and manipulate them
    • New Stairs BP- basic dynamic stairs implementation tht utilizes SuperGrid material features [Extended in next update]
    • New SuperGrid Wall BP - create SuperGrid walls by drawing spline
    • New Material: Painted Panels
    • New Material: Holographic Refractions
    • New Material: Metal Hexagons
    • New Changelog UI BP in Lobby - Stay on grid!
    • New Mesh & Texture: Ramp - create walkable slopes

Bugfixes & updates
    • Improved and refactored Character blueprint
    • Platform BP has been updated with new functionality
    • Smooth crouch animation for Character blueprint [Press CTRL to enjoy!]
    • Chamber 1.0.2 has been finished
    • Chamber 1.1 has been added
    • Lobby has been improved with new icons, portals and UI
    • Fixed Broken LUTs
    • Fixed incorrect UV scaling on Stairs mesh
    • Fixed various errors in logs[Deprecated nodes, Lighting issues and etc]
    • Fixed a collision issue with Stairs and Plane meshes
    • Various Bugfixes

SuperGrid is a pack of special materials and modular meshes designed to make level prototyping workflow faster, easier and more fun!

If you are a fan of dynamic and straightforward level creation process then you will feel right at home — you can move, rotate and scale meshes without fear of texture stretching or distortions

Materials are easy to customize without overwhelming amount of settings, yet powerful enough to provide wide variety materials!

If you want to dig deeper - base materials are well documented and includes custom nodes for visual simplicity and coherent workflow.

Starter pack includes fully featured level/mini-game, that will guide you through SuperGrid assets and common usage scenarios.

Coming soon!

Additional information
    • No texture stretching during scaling
    • Material alignment is object based, so texture does not get "scrolling" effect during movement and rotation like tri-planar materials usually do
    • Meshes for prototyping(The number of meshes is still WiP)
    • Variety of materials(The number of materials is still WiP)
    • Pivot points placement in favor of prototyping convenience
    • Bonus assets, such as blueprints, sound effects, particle effects, volumetric materials and animated materials that were used for tutorial map.
    • Specify grid size in centimeters(units)
    • Each mesh has proper collision that works good with scaling.
    • Each texture file contains 3 different masks + roughness that later combined together and could be manipulated separately.

Old video to demonstrate basic process, fully-fledged trailer is coming soon!

Future releases and updates

Starter pack is the first product of SuperGrid and focused mostly on basic modular meshes and neutral-themed materials.
    Eventually new packs will come up and they will have specific theme(For example: Architecture, Sci-Fi, Llamas, etc) or will be focused on new advanced features(For example: vertex animated mesh and chamfered box that scales correctly without deformations)
    However, already released packs won't be forgotten and each pack will be updated with new core features, core modular meshes, bug fixes and etc.

Pricing policy

I decide to release small(But big enough so you won't feel cheated ) and medium-sized packs with strong llamas theme in 10$-25$ pricing range rather than large bulky packs with price that gravitate towards 100$
    Also this method allows to release new content and push updates more often!

If you have any questions, requests or feedback - feel free to post them right away!
    Attached Files
    Yep
    94.88%
    Nay
    5.42%
    Last edited by zeOrb; 11-27-2017, 02:08 PM.
    SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
    Level design and prototyping for newbies

To Rephrase:
    I do think this is a rather simple setup, but especially for beginners and people who like fast, clean workflow when mapping out a leveldesign this can be very valueble.
    I got to ask though: whats the difference between this and the content found here: http://www.tomlooman.com/category/samples-downloads/ ?
    Last edited by Luos; 03-16-2015, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
      so.. uhm..
      Lets call this what it is, just a few meshes with some math applied to the uv to make it tile depending on its X, Y and Z axis.
      but you are kind of making it sound more intriguing than it in reality is.
      I've said specifically what it is in my post
      Basically it is a pack of materials and modular meshes with special UV layout that combined gives you great level prototyping potential!
      Originally posted by Luos View Post
      Whats the difference between this and the content found here: http://www.tomlooman.com/category/samples-downloads/ ?
      Again, I mentioned it in my post. World aligned materials like this get distortions with rotation + scrolling effect, mine - does not

Also, I don't provide raw material functions, I provide also meshes, textures with roughness, masks, normals and etc. I thought I made it obvious with screenshots

Comment

Aww * ,* This is awesome!

Comment

Looks great! Just another feature that should be built into UE4!

Comment

Originally posted by Personality View Post
            Looks great! Just another feature that should be built into UE4!
            My thoughts exactly.
            UE4 is great for big well-thought projects with a team of level designers and artists, but it doesn't offer this kind of tools for building quick assets on the fly. Resizing an asset means resizing its texture, that's really a hassle.

Comment

Its something similar to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sllow View Post
                Its something similar to this?
                Hey Sllow!
                Well, Greyboxing kit is more about blueprints and assets for newbies to place working stuff like buttons and doors, rather than materials. Greyboxing material aligned to the world coordinates, so it always get distortions on curvy surfaces. Also texture will scroll through your object like a projection and won't rotate properly.
                Here Screenshot from Greyboxing kit(Not to bash, but for easy comparison. It is a good product, but it's not material oriented as you can see)

Thanks for your interest!
                Last edited by zeOrb; 03-17-2015, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks for clarification. Two more questions then: ETA for a release? Pricing?

Comment

Great presentation! I can see using this over BSP. The only thing I can imagine adding would be some procedural meshes... stuff like a partial slice of a sphere/cylinder in degrees, how many vertices to use in curved pieces, etc. Honestly not sure how useful that would be though, as those pieces wouldn't align as well with the other static pieces that are designed to fit together. Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Sllow View Post
                      Thanks for clarification. Two more questions then: ETA for a release? Pricing?
                      All assets are ready to go, but now I want to finish/polish learning materials, sample level and trailer. I think may take 1-2 weeks max. Closer to this date I will send project to Trello board and then Vote & Pray

I'm inclined to set price tag in 10$-15$ range and release packs with new content somewhat-regularly. I want to experiment with different themes(new textures and materials) and features(Vertex animated content and meshes which scaled only partially) For example box with soft chamfered corners which keep their proportions during scaling! WiP video to illustrate what I'm talking about:

Originally posted by sinoth View Post
                      Great presentation! I can see using this over BSP. The only thing I can imagine adding would be some procedural meshes... stuff like a partial slice of a sphere/cylinder in degrees, how many vertices to use in curved pieces, etc. Honestly not sure how useful that would be though, as those pieces wouldn't align as well with the other static pieces that are designed to fit together. Just a thought!
                      Thanks Sinoth!
                      Yeah, I totally get what you're talking about! I've been thinking about same stuff, these "slices" are essential for designing objects and I'm trying to provide enough of them! As always, simple example

Sometimes slices won't align perfectly to other grids, but I think it's a good trade-off, new "seams" will be hidden most of the time, but you will get more "brushes" to play with

Feel free to make requests while I have some time to integrate new objects!
                      Last edited by zeOrb; 03-17-2015, 11:05 AM. Reason: updated quote

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                        That is amazing good work!

Comment

Looks amazing! Definitely getting this once it's on the market.

Comment

The material looks like standard triplanar mapping?

Comment

Definitely great! The price is pretty reasonable and I enjoyed the results of the videos!

Keep working on that, it's amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X