[Gauging Interest] Easy Blueprint Dialog System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Unfortunate that it has to pass through layers of bureaucracy before it'll become available. For those wanting to implement it sometime in the foreseeable future, can we buy it from you directly, or Gumroad, or anything now?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Osu_Peanuts View Post
    Just wanted to check the status of this project, its going to save me alot of time in my project and wanted to know if you are still on task.

Thanks for your hard work!
    We completed it a few weeks ago and have submitted it to Epic for review. That's where it stands now. Update video below.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Checking status

Just wanted to check the status of this project, its going to save me alot of time in my project and wanted to know if you are still on task.

Thanks for your hard work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Colbra View Post
    Hi all,
    Im programming the system, was told I needed to answer some questions

for non linear dialogue its based on commands sent from the excel sheet.

As for calling events, yes you can call events simply by making a command for it. Because the system is open the are many ways to achieve this

based on what I know you should be able to add this to it with some minor adjustments

As Jarlan pointed out the system is built to be extendable to ones needs
    as for non linear dialogue system you really didn't answer my question cuzz in the demo he writes the dialogues in the same row that's linear but atleast i wasn't able to see how non linear could be there

and for the other two i'm assuming it isn't there currently and we'll have to come up with the solution later

i am realy looking forward two it wth or without the features mentioned so i hope you guys finish it and release it as soon as possible

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It looks very cool but what about branching dialogue. In the video it only shows one level of conversation, can you nest conversations out, and how does that look on the excel sheet?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all,
    Im programming the system, was told I needed to answer some questions

how is non linear dialogue systems implemented ?
    for non linear dialogue its based on commands sent from the excel sheet.

is there any way of calling events from certain dialoges?
    As for calling events, yes you can call events simply by making a command for it. Because the system is open the are many ways to achieve this

how do the dialogues interact with the blueprint interface
    based on what I know you should be able to add this to it with some minor adjustments

As Jarlan pointed out the system is built to be extendable to ones needs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks pretty Awesome looking forward to it just a few questions:

how is non linear dialogue systems implemented ?

is there any way of calling events from certain dialoges?

how do the dialogues interact with the blueprint interface meaning you could alter the dialogues based on blueprint and the opposite (for example having the player name replace a variable in the dialogue for example Jerry : "hello "PlayerName" ")

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi
    are you planning to release this on Gumroad because marketplace takes ages so it would be a lot quicker just to release it on gumroad for the peope that need it as soon as possible like me.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kanizitas View Post
    Pls dont forget an Option to add Voice files and maybe lipsynch. Very important
    Yes, a system to handle the necessary blendshapes for lip sync would be important. If this is all based in Excel I'm curious how well it would handle non-linear dialogue?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pls dont forget an Option to add Voice files and maybe lipsynch. Very important

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Aetherdyne View Post
    So this is basically like a Mass Effect/RPG style system. Cool.

I've also been thinking about dialog systems but I'm going for something more dynamic, ala Valve's GDC 2012 presentation by Elan Ruskin (think Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, etc.) Blackboards and all that seem like they'd be useful, but I haven't worked with that much.
    Yep, It's meant to be a simple solution for devs to use. It can be extended as needed but the basic components are there

Originally posted by SupermanofGaming View Post
    is this still in development? looks good
    Yep, we're getting close to completion. Just updated the original post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is this still in development? looks good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So this is basically like a Mass Effect/RPG style system. Cool.

I've also been thinking about dialog systems but I'm going for something more dynamic, ala Valve's GDC 2012 presentation by Elan Ruskin (think Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, etc.) Blackboards and all that seem like they'd be useful, but I haven't worked with that much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NoisySpaceBalls View Post
    You mentioned that all the information was based in a Excel format, would this be able to be adapted to work with an SQL database? BTW this looks amazing!
    Thanks! I'm not sure how to do the setup to MySQL but in theory the excel sheet is reading just as a MySQL database would. The only is we have the excel sheet reading from a CSV format. I don't see why it wouldn't be able to be adapted since the storing methods are similar.

Originally posted by Devero View Post
    This looks great Jarlan. Nice Work! =)
    Thanks man

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Sweet, familiar faces!
    I remember your cool stuff with robots from twitter!
    haha robots, mechs and pretty much anything mechanical are my thing. I've been slacking posting to the forum since I do a lot of that on twitter. Trying to be better about that. Good to see you man!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweet, familiar faces!
    I remember your cool stuff with robots from twitter!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X